Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A project name would be good if they have one for the latest up coming release.. Would make the waiting more fun with the guessing games...:Cool:

Comment

• Unless I missed something earlier, I believe the next (hopefully edf) plane up is Project Foil. Looking forward to a teaser video!

Comment

• "Foil". OK, I'm going with an Avro Lancaster. "Window" was the code name for dropping strips of "foil" by typically Lancasters to saturate German radar.

Comment

• LOLLOLLOL
          Good to know someone else can relate, amazing what's stored away in that brain of ours..........WHY????:Scared:WHY????:Sick2:
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Alpha said Project Foil was an EDF. ;)
            Pat

Comment

• OH YEAH!! NEXT PLEASE
              Click image for larger version

Name:	a39390e7499143e8246aeb24b94d4d67.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	112094Click image for larger version

Name:	419898.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	112095Click image for larger version

Name:	hispano_aviacion_ha_1112_m1l_buchon_by_daniel_wales_images-dbfzsdm.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	112096
              Attached Files
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Grossman, nice pics. I have had a couple of 109’s in my past. Just thought you might like to know, I believe your pics are of Spanish built 109’s that were built after the war. They were also most likely used in the movie “The Battle of Brittan”. Just food for thought..........

Comment

• Grossman has been beating the Merlin Powerred Messerschmitt drum for some time now! I can’t argue with him, it’s a badass looking bird! :Cool:

Comment

• Would love a giant scale BF-109 (prefer the streamlined nose of the "G" variant myself) and Stuka!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I want a diet Shasta:Silly:
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        Would love a giant scale BF-109 (prefer the streamlined nose of the "G" variant myself) and Stuka!
                        I like Grossmans idea of different noses offered for the 109, along with different wingtips and radiators and canopies so you could make anything from the 109A to the Buchon.

Comment

• If you added up all the different 109 variants you would have 30 or 40 different models. Would be a mess to produce. A good 109-E3 would be nice but I still think it’s an F-100 Super Saber. Time will tell, but I guess we need to wait for Aros.........

Comment

• Hey Alpha how about giving our brothers down under some love with a Boomerang it's definitely a rare subject. The Boomerang has a very unique look and are only two airworthy planes left.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                              I want a diet Shasta:Silly:
                              I expected you to be more a grape Nehi kinda guy:)

Comment

• How about another big one. The Dornier Do-X Only has 12 motors. Could take it to float fly's too ! https://youtu.be/vDEZgKzRTTw

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Dieter View Post
                                  Hey Grossman, nice pics. I have had a couple of 109’s in my past. Just thought you might like to know, I believe your pics are of Spanish built 109’s that were built after the war. They were also most likely used in the movie “The Battle of Brittan”. Just food for thought..........
                                  You're right Craig, they're Spanish built Buchons. They originally had DB 601's in them but, when the supply ran out, they converted them to Rolls Royce Merlins. Back when Franco was buddy buddy with Hitler, Spain built the Me 109G under licence with Messerschmitt. When they were in the process of researching aircraft for the Battle Of Britain movie, they were astounded to find that their were hardly any Spitfires left and three Hurricanes that the could lay their hands on. Someone happened to mention that Spain was still flying He 111's and were in the process of scrapping out their Buchons. The fellow in charge of procurement rushed to Spain and bought every Buchon he could lay his hands on, including some that were already in the process of being junked, for set dressing. The flying sequences involving the He 111's were flown by Spanish military pilots and crew as they were still Spain's front line bomber!
                                  Shortly afterwards, the He 111's were scrapped out and the Confederate Airforce (Now Commemorative Airforce) got their hands on one that was Franco's personal transport and flew it for years until it was lost in a crash.
                                  This was actually the start of the warbird rebuild/save movement and the reason why we still have flying examples of the Buchons and the Me 109 as some were converted back to DB 601s.
                                  As related before, down in Texas sits a hangar full of Me109/Buchons from the movie. Check out the video, its amazing! Thanks to this fellow as he single handedly saved all these aircraft form the scrap heap.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• What about a 1600 - 2000mm Bristol Beaufighter? Known to the Japanese as “The Whispering Death”
                                    A very effective twin engine British fighter.

Comment

• It certainly would, so many similarities in construction that could be used. There is also the Short Stirling and Handley Page Halifax bombers, the Halifax having similar construction tail set up.

Comment

• I built Airfix plastic models of them all as a youngster, used to tie string to them and go round in circles, like control line with no power or elevator. The belly landings always resulted in some repair work, lots of fun as a kid!

Comment

• Based on flying my P38 and F7F Flightline planes it would be fantastic to be able to fly any of these warbirds when they come out. Love the twin engines

Comment

Working...
                                          X