• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice!

Comment

:Cool::) Whatever works!!! Great job!!!

Comment

And here is the finish Colors scheme I am headed toward. Probably throw in some gray for accents

Comment

Right on!

Comment

The J O B has slowed, but not my progress on this Ryan STA. Back in the office tomorrow and Monday, but more time off next week. Started sneaking up on the wing struts and wires, flaps and ailerons aligned and hinged, and it’s time to power it up to check all movements. After that, the 1/8th inch sheeting wil cover it all up. (Fuselage only)

Comment

Awesome stuff!:Cool:

Comment

Looks good!!! Like the low pro servos for the ailerons...:Cool:

Comment

Woke up to thunderstorms this morning so I headed into the shop - YIPPEE! As much as I like flying, building is just as much fun.
                  The pushrods got connected to the flight control surfaces, the reciever went in (Spektrum 636), and servos were connected.
                  IT’s ALIVE!
                  hatch was cut shortly after sheeting the upper deck forward section, got lower forward and part of the upper rear deck sheeted as well.

Comment

Sig even made me build the tailwheel...better than the $24 options at the LHS. Started the instrument panel also - 1/8” Sintra panel has a nice finish perfect for this. Not sure how far I’ll go with it, but I will probably surprise myself.

Comment

Love SIG..... We are just spoiled now!!! LOL Nice job!

Comment

I like it!:Cool:

Comment

Thought I had posted these, but I see not so - from yesterday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                            Love SIG..... We are just spoiled now!!! LOL Nice job!
                            Damn thing had ya start with a bent wire horseshoe that looked like a fence staple without the sharpened ends. I added provisions for a bushing and spring assist and a sleeve type bushing for the wheel. Spins supper smooth - I hate noisy airplanes, at least noisy not coming from the engine. Anyone ever quiet those Cessna Z’s? Thought about getting one until I heard them roll! :wacky

Comment

This one actually came out better image - I think the texture is perfect. Will probably paint the bezels for instruments with silver.

Comment

A bit more assembly on the instrument panel but mostly helped the glue dry.

Comment

Looking better and better!

Comment

Again, doesn’t look like much but the last sheet balsa went down and the fuselage front shaped and attached. Cowl wil fit forward of that round over, and used a 1/2 inch round in the shaper. Didn’t take pic, but my friend got my gear welded up for the flying wire bracket and wheel pant brackets.

Comment

Doesn't look like much to the casual observer, but just try to bend that balsa with a spray of water and ammonia and then pin it and hold it and not have it look like a wrinkled fire hose..... LOL Great job F22!!! :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        Doesn't look like much to the casual observer, but just try to bend that balsa with a spray of water and ammonia and then pin it and hold it and not have it look like a wrinkled fire hose..... LOL Great job F22!!! :Cool:
                                        Thanx Hardway!
                                        I’ve only ever used water or steam, but am strategic about it. Learned from some old timer boat builders (full size and model) back in VA. Never tried amonia or Windex but I can see the logic and hear it works great.
                                        Enjoying the progress on the B-17 when I have to watch glue dry!

Comment

These were a real challenge. Wing was easy, center fuse was a compound B-word. Right and left fuselages were done with 1/4 x 1/16” strips with 12* bevels for an overlapping joint.

Comment

Working...
                                          X