Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to do some fun flying this morning and afterwards spent some time on the Ryan - slow going with mounting all the brackets for wires being the objective. All are in, but while I waited for epoxy to set it was a perfect time to set her up to drill the gear wire...3/16 diameter pre-bent. 15* forward rake from chord line. I did set her up on the drill press but my post dril fittingl came out dead on.

Comment

Oh yeah that's perfect!:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Oh yeah that's perfect!:Cool:
        Yeah, a milestone for sure as she set on her mains for the first time! Did a test also for fuselage finish - Polycryllic and .5 oz. fiberglass cloth is a go!
        I may start covering the wings and stabilizers tomorrow.
        Unfortunately, all this time off set me back a bit $$$ wise so I will have to wait on ordering motor and ESC.

Comment

Oh yeah I know that feeling all too well. But itll happen, just gives you time to get that finish just right:Cool:

Comment

Covering has begun and made up the landing gear flying wire brackets.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Just a reminder!! Make sure to put heat shrink (10mm) or something on the aileron extension-servo leads in the wing before you cover it all up!!! ;) I know you know that, but I have done it before, and then had the O crap moment...

Comment

Ooh yeah that is not fun at all!:Scared:

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                    Just a reminder!! Make sure to put heat shrink (10mm) or something on the aileron extension-servo leads in the wing before you cover it all up!!! ;) I know you know that, but I have done it before, and then had the O crap moment...
                    Thanks for the reminder - I actually kept thinking of that when I was no where near the shop or my graph pad and list, so I went out to the shop and did it first thing.
                    Still sanding and filing, but getting closer...J O B is getting in the W A Y.

Comment

Not a lot to report, yeah - work, but not that I really mind the job at all.
                      So my client this week asks to see what I am working on and I show him a recent shot of the Ryan.
                      He says, “is that an STA or the STM”? I was stunned telling him it’s the A...he says check this out:

He informs me he flies this airplane regular for he Museum that owns it at his home in Australia!
                      “that’s me - see! He sent me the link.

So for the Aussie’s a big hello and keep e’m flying!

Update photo’s he we go!
                      One is my beginner attempt at soldering my wires - should be able to get through them and like the shrink tube to clean it up. Will probably shave those clevis a lot more.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's pretty cool, looking good too!:Cool:

Comment

Talk about slow going, no pics’ for a while - keep ya in suspense. Shaving the clevis’s For wing wires, starting the glass cover on the fuselage but held up with the fillets at the forward and aft wing saddle. All the joys of building here - compound angles combine with compound curves and to match removable mating surfaces. Ordered a new roll of Ultracote for wing. And have begun fitting some of the plastic fairings where possible. There’s a ton of plastic too - fiberglass cloth on it as well.
                          :Whew:

Comment

Itll get there, its looking good

Comment

:Cool:

Comment

Well OK, since I started measuring to cut wires, I thought I would post these up of the fillets in progress and let everyone check out the dry fit.

Comment

I purchased this kit when I was a young kid and it was way beyond me I still have the kit but all of the prints to do the construction by have since been lost, do you have the prints still intact and would you be able to send me copies of them I would be more than happy to compensate you for them

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk Kenx…. The SIG planes will stretch your modeling skills. My first real "kit" was a SIG Kwik Built P-51.... Wow, ABS plastic body on a 1/2" balsa profile and a foam core wing... What a way to start!!!! LOL I don't have plans for the STA, but I bet F-22 may be able to help you out!!

Comment

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F292686213393

It will cost about that much to make copies of the prints + shipping AND you would have a wealth of spare parts!
                                      My prints were cut up by the previous owner, who was also in over his head on the build.

Comment

Seems like such small victory for so much work, but one coat of filler to sand and we be covering...
                                        again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenx View Post
                                          I purchased this kit when I was a young kid and it was way beyond me I still have the kit but all of the prints to do the construction by have since been lost, do you have the prints still intact and would you be able to send me copies of them I would be more than happy to compensate you for them
                                          1 day left on auction, better snatch it up! Copies are about $35 per sheet - there are 3 plus a 3view and the booklet.
                                          Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for SIG RC-27 Scale Engine RC Airplane Model Kit at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Working...
                                          X