Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s been awhile since any updates, as work has been priority. Forgot I actually had a bunch of pins and shims in key places to dry since I last was able to work on it. Needles to say the wing saddle platform is dead on straight when mated to the wing.
    anyway, fly in the morning and got some glass on the fuselage.

Comment

• Almost forgot these 2

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

• Always, the reminder of the washing machines in the background...….. "If you can make the covering so smooth, then what the hell is the problem with my dresses??????????? Hugh?? Well??" :Straight-Face::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            Always, the reminder of the washing machines in the background...….. "If you can make the covering so smooth, then what the hell is the problem with my dresses??????????? Hugh?? Well??" :Straight-Face::Cool:
            I’m not allowed to touch the washer or dryer...
            and only my iron for Monokote!

Comment

• Nice build! Your shop/hanger seems so clean and organized!

Mine on the other hand is not:Not-Talking::)

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                Nice build! Your shop/hanger seems so clean and organized!

Mine on the other hand is not:Not-Talking::)
                Thanks, but the other half would like less clutter and a little more frequent use of the shopvac! BUt I do feel lucky to have what I do.

Comment

• [QUOTE=F22trainer;n149! BUt I do feel lucky to have what I do.

[/QUOTE]
                  I'm right there with ya brother

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                    I'm right there with ya brother
                    Capt Crunch, my first model experience started in my grandmothers basement in Storm Lake, Iowa, when I found one of my dad’s old balsa leftovers from a Guillows Mosquito he built as a teen. Said he won a Blue Ribbon at the fair in Alta. Wasn’t enough to build another plane but I did make a few gliders and I was hooked.
                    Don’t know how far from Storm Lake ya might be, but have a cold Pabst next time ya go through and drink a toast to the Hemmingsen’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Capt Crunch, my first model experience started in my grandmothers basement in Storm Lake, Iowa, when I found one of my dad’s old balsa leftovers from a Guillows Mosquito he built as a teen. Said he won a Blue Ribbon at the fair in Alta. Wasn’t enough to build another plane but I did make a few gliders and I was hooked.
                      Don’t know how far from Storm Lake ya might be, but have a cold Pabst next time ya go through and drink a toast to the Hemmingsen’s.
                      Wow. I had some really fun times in my wife's grandparent's basement in Newton, Iowa! I built a Guillows Cessna 182 that we bought in Montezuma at SIG headquarters for a young man named James. He was 11 or 12 at the time. One of my wife's cousins... We flew it at the local school... And I had plenty of PBR and brats on that vacation... Great memories... :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I'm about an hour and a half from Storm Lake. My great grand parents used to live there. I remember going when I was a little kid. Havent been there since they passed.

I havent had a PBR in years!!! But, if I ever find myself in Storm Lake, I will choke one down just for the toast, and then quickly wash that taste out with a delicious Busch Light:)

Comment

• Memories of a simpler time. Grandpas farm was near Newell, IA. And if either of you remember Tri-State or Storm Lake Organ Studios - that was my uncle Dale. He had a Saturday radio show and always at the fair!
                          Thanks Hardway and Capt. Crunch for sharing.

6 degrees...cool stuff!

Comment

• Now back to our broadcast.

Look what came in the mail while I was at work. Wasted no time getting the install underway. Will need .75 inch stand-off to clear the cowl.

Comment

• Sweet!

Comment

• Got the paint from Warbird Colors...gigitty!
                                Lower fuselage clear drying while I am in Dallas, be back home tonite.
                                Manged to start glassing some of the plastic and get some fitting accomplished.

Comment

• Work stopped progress for the week, but gained some ground after flying both mornings this weekend.

The wing ring bottom is covered and I have a finish that is nearly to my liking before paint. After this coat dries, a sanding with 1000 grit wet should have her ready for paint. Just finished the 400, wiped it down with a damp cloth, and applied anther 2 Coates right before these pictures.

Comment

• So why is it, that a 24 inch roll of Ultracote is only 23 5/8 inches wide....
                                    I said some bad words...
                                    :Angry:

Comment

• Ah crap... that blows brother. :(

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0F219C5C-9617-4F99-883F-31007F36A84A.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	152234Click image for larger version

Name:	A04A6A75-F567-454E-B356-CB4FC52D2BEA.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	152233Click image for larger version

Name:	3F487F1C-6282-421F-99D1-4E117DF18746.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	152232 OK, so I held back these - took them last night after I had done a little clean up and tolerance checks. Tailwheel was a beaaattcchh to get swinging, but very smooth operation. Got some good help from these pics.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          Ah crap... that blows brother. :(
                                          Lower wing surface measures 11 1/4 inches

Comment

Working...
                                          X