Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit more progress tonight. I might just make it inside of the one year mark.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Looking very clean. Always nice to see a classic done well. What prop are you planning to run?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
        Looking very clean. Always nice to see a classic done well. What prop are you planning to run?
        Starting with a 14x6. Need to do a few run ups and take note of the numbers, but it’s a starting point.
        Thanks much for the compliments.

Comment

• Let’s make it official.
          Tomorrow she will see the flight line, and if everything checks out - she flies.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Fantastic!! Good luck. :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Beautiful bird:Win:

Good luck on your maiden!

Comment

• Not the perfect maiden flight I had hoped for, but other than the prop and scuffed chin - nothing painful to repair. Needs a lot of damping on ailerons and a bit more elevator throw.

almost a year after I started the build..:Whew:

Comment

• Arrrgh!! That must a hurt. Meant to tell ya to break a leg last night, went to bed and forgot, Apologies. Looked real nice in the air, "T". You really have a special bird there. Glad ya made it.

Woody

Wen't out scouting for a place to fly yesterday. To be honest sometimes I wish I lived in Arizona. Found a little mad money I lost today. Gonna pull the trigger on that Brewster Buffalo. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                    Arrrgh!! That must a hurt. Meant to tell ya to break a leg last night, went to bed and forgot, Apologies. Looked real nice in the air, "T". You really have a special bird there. Glad ya made it.

Woody

Wen't out scouting for a place to fly yesterday. To be honest sometimes I wish I lived in Arizona. Found a little mad money I lost today. Gonna pull the trigger on that Brewster Buffalo. LOL
                    Thanks Woody! Was truly exciting and glad all I need to do is dial back all the aileron leverage mostly. Might have been a tad more nose heavy than necessary which may take care of the seemingly mild elevator authority.
                    Hope ya found some good acreage to buzz around, but there’s plenty of room for ya at AMPS Field here in Phoenix. Might want to hurry before the heaters come on...but even then sunrise flying is pretty nice because it is truly DEAD calm every morning.

Comment

• So now that the dings are nearly fixed, the details are underway in preparation for her debut at One Eighth Air Force Spring Scale Fly In. It is my first time entering any scale event and I gotta admit the competition is stiff, but I’m not going to to win - just to build a nice looking scale model that flies well.
                      If you are in the area, you’ll want to stop by. I posted it in the event section.
                      Glad I did all that fiberglass work on the plastic - really improves the overall strength of the material. Made repairs easier too.:Whew:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Awesome! Congratulations on the maiden brother! Long time coming! Was great to see her in the air!

Comment

• A couple of close ups as some details get done. Next big hurdle is the cowl - plan to airbrush the appearance of the cowl doors, hinges and fasteners.:)
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                            Awesome! Congratulations on the maiden brother! Long time coming! Was great to see her in the air!
                            Thanks Matt!:Smoking:

Had to have a fat Cuban stogey after that flight!

Comment

• Hahaha no doubt, but you got it done. Its good to have that feel of something after you complete the build. Looking forward to seening it around the first of June when i am coming through on my yearly trip to Oregon :)

Comment

• Great job... Landing that baby with the gear stance is not easy.... Just ask me how I know!!!!!!!!!! A very old SIG customer....;) And Matt, are we having beers in April or whenever you get here??? :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• I remember going to Montezuma, IA and touring the SIG factory when Hazel was there... Cool stuff. That is when I had my first six pack (or eight) of PBR and cooked my first brats... Good times!!!! A long time ago though...:Crying:;):Cool:

Comment

• April 20th is a go, definitely gonna meet up!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Hahaha no doubt, but you got it done. Its good to have that feel of something after you complete the build. Looking forward to seening it around the first of June when i am coming through on my yearly trip to Oregon :)
                                      You’ll have a place on the FlightLine.:Cool:

Comment

• Excellent!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                          Looking very clean. Always nice to see a classic done well. What prop are you planning to run?
                                          Thanks TJ
                                          the 14 x 6 did ok and pulled nice. Since then I checked a few numbers to see what is going to be ideal. The scale size would be around 16in and I suppose I could go that high, but after the 3 minute flight I had 70% battery remaining. It did not seem to be underpropped or overreving. I used a 6s 4000 mAh battery (Admiral):Cool:to Motion RC.
                                          I would like to get 6 minutes - so I think I am there. That said I broke my only 14 x 6 and I would like to try a bit more bite of air and see how the 14 x 8 handles the load. I’ll put the watt meter on her and try if first.

Comment

Working...
                                          X