Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for getting back F22. The reason I asked about your experience with the motor is that I was thinking of using the same motor in a 70" CMP FW-190. It has a big round cowl so I wanted a motor to run on 6S tha could run a larger prop. The E-flite spec for the 470KV power 60 say the recommended prop range is 15 x 8 - 17 x 7. I'd be very interested in what your combination is pull for amps/watts.

Comment

• Heading to the field this morning to get a few flights on the Ryan as a warm up for the Fly I this weekend. Still have some more details to finish and probably won’t get them all done, but she should make a good showing.

Comment

• :Cool:
        I look forward to seeing her out there this weekend!
        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Probably the worst video I have recorded but she is all trimmed and tuned. I will be flying her on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
            Probably the worst video I have recorded but she is all trimmed and tuned. I will be flying her on Saturday.

https://youtu.be/w8qbByK7EQc
            So into the wind and back again and still in one piece. Good for you Trainer!

Best Regards
            Woody

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_37935.jpg Views:	3 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	188241Click image for larger version  Name:	6F22E6AB-FA01-46A4-BB7D-6D27E0DC0842.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	188240 Hope i didn’t Over-do it but I can a always give her an eraser and start over... since she looked a bit too pristine, I had to paint a little ‘age’ on her, after her flight today. Don’t know if you caught it on the video but I lost a few connections on the flying wires. She flat vibrated the fasteners off. So they all got a dose of blue Loctite while the cowl dried

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	EF123F6E-DAF3-483D-AD10-1C7C6E41D729.jpeg
Views:	424
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	188405 Ok, last picture before the event. I will get some with the other planes at the event. I am almost done - at least as far as I am willing to go. It would be so easy to get sucked into the smallest details with this kit. Sig gives you everything you need to go as far as u want. I don’t want to put so much work in it that I am afraid to fly it - I have reached that point. It’s time to fly this beauty. Tomorrow night will finish the last 2 detail items and get the car loaded. I hope I can find a way to haul the T-6 and/or the PT-17 - we will see. So these birds have to fit in the Civic...
                I know, right?
                But usually I can get 4 or 5 planes int it without disassembling them. And just to give y’all an idea how big this gal is...
                Attached Files

Comment

• :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• That's one beautiful plane mate. I hope you get to enjoy her for a long time.

Woody

Comment

• Looks great. Sold mine many years ago when running glow. Makes me want to build one again with electric power.

Comment

• She's a beauty for sure! :Cool:
                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Hey F22, I think your weathering looks great mate. But you know as well as I do, that if that were a real one, there wouldn't be any weathering what so ever. Maybe just a bit of oil residue that would be promptly wiped down once the owner landed it. LOL My uncle had a PT-22, it was always like a polished jewel. But you did do an excellent job mate.

Best Regards
                          Woody

Comment

Name:	99A60819-034C-4C7C-B4AD-75B31AAC4B39.jpeg
Views:	427
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	188690 Well, I guess this could qualify as a fitting final photo for this build. However I will reserve that honor for the photos taken with me and the plane with the award. Out of all the beautiful planes that showed up I was stunned when my name was announced.

Comment

Name:	D1945782-8F44-438C-9DCF-B4C10DAA0CF2.jpeg
Views:	417
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	188715 As she looked on the flight line today.

Comment

• Congrats Bro! You certainly earned it! Bravo! :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::C ool:

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	99A60819-034C-4C7C-B4AD-75B31AAC4B39.jpeg
Views:	427
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	188690 Well, I guess this could qualify as a fitting final photo for this build. However I will reserve that honor for the photos taken with me and the plane with the award. Out of all the beautiful planes that showed up I was stunned when my name was announced.
                                  Ahh I can see the head swelling now, LOL. Good for you 22, good for you mate. Ya spent a year building that thing man! What da ya expect?

Best Regards
                                  Woody

Comment

• Thanks Woody, El Bee, Blues, Hardway, and everyone else for all the ‘Likes’, for all the encouragement along the way, and for watching the build. You guys are great.
                                    I met a goal and am grateful for the interest and feedback.
                                    :Cool:

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	B75348BD-842D-418D-8F01-51328A939B5D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	189348Click image for larger version  Name:	4CBC77AB-0A17-4873-8A00-190EE08A639B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	189349Click image for larger version  Name:	C38FCD06-F2AF-421C-AED5-05AE5D4743C8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	140.1 KB ID:	189350Click image for larger version  Name:	487E0267-F01B-4C4A-A38A-189DB542D792.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	154.2 KB ID:	189351Click image for larger version  Name:	C4C726EA-5A83-4D48-99E1-FD372B11F36A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	166.8 KB ID:	189352 I soloed her today. We’re not comfortable with each other yet - you know how that goes. Only got one flight before the winds arrived, but suffice to say I did not break anything. Took a few good snapshots also. And, as an epilogue, The buyer of a kit I bid on eBay backed out after the auction ended. The seller opted to give me next shot at It t my bid which was trumped 3 seconds before the buzzer - I had waited until 15 seconds to throw down. Therefore, there is a brand new never started Sig Ryan STA On the way to me.
                                      I’m thinking of a potential re-kit of the bird...
                                      ARF’s seem to be quite popular.

Comment

Name:	3DD65EBB-93BF-4BFD-9951-F077B8B9CC7E.jpeg
Views:	378
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	193872Click image for larger version

Name:	E7C15F8C-06E3-4CD2-B5BC-1235446EF731.jpeg
Views:	374
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	193871 Been holding off on a few other details I wanted to add, so here’s a hint of what Callie is working on.
                                        I did get my scale-ish looking prop finished. May get her out on the flight line tomorrow.

Comment

• Didn’t get any video, but for those wondering about the motor / prop combo - here’s something I didn’t expect. As you know I have been using 14 x 6, and went to a 14 x 8 after the maiden. Both were wood props and I did like the appearance and the performance was good. Battery life was super as they never got below 80% for a 6 minute flight. A scale prop would be about 16 inches in length, which is what I ordered from Master Airscrew to make a static display prop. I also ordered a few e-props and figured I would start with 16 x 8E. The seven minute flight - a delay on the runway caused me to stay up until clear and had to do a go around, left 46% battery and she trimmed out at 1/2 throttle nicely. She acts a bit tail heavy again - should have checked the prop weight difference. But it wasn’t a frightening surprise and trim was adequate to compensate, and it did help on landing - no chin scuff marks to touch up!

Comment

Working...
                                          X