It should work for you. Here are the settings I use for this configuration:

RUD>AX5
    Rate: 70% 70%
    Offset 0%
    Trim: Inh
    Switch: Switch A
    and the "0" switch position is black "1" is white

Everything else is normal.
    Thanks Twowingtj. I have it set up just like you said but the AUX5 is still going back and forth on the screen whether trim is inhibited or not. Everything else is working exactly as it should on the screen and on the plane. No Joy!

Comment

Maybe something is getting lost in translation. Here are 2 photos of my mix screen. Remember, this is on a DX8 and with my A-10. The principle should be the same.

The first picture shows "gear UP". Note the little dot under switch position "1". It's "white". If you move the rudder stick, you will NOT see any movement on the monitor for AUX2.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3390.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	199898

In this next picture, you will see "gear DOWN". Note the little dot under switch position "0". It's "blacked out". If you move the rudder stick, you WILL see movement on the monitor for AUX2.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3391.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	199899

Now, just in case there are more missing information, here's 2 more pictures. This is in "System Setup", "Channel Assign". 1 is of the "Rx port assignments. Note AUX2 (for you, it will be AUX5). Next is of the "Channel Input Config". Also, note AUX2 (AUX5 in your case).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3392.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	199900
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3393.JPG Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	199901

As far as I know, ALL of these settings must be this way in order for this to work. Miss one and it won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Maybe something is getting lost in translation. Here are 2 photos of my mix screen. Remember, this is on a DX8 and with my A-10. The principle should be the same.

The first picture shows "gear UP". Note the little dot under switch position "1". It's "white". If you move the rudder stick, you will NOT see any movement on the monitor for AUX2.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3390.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	199898

In this next picture, you will see "gear DOWN". Note the little dot under switch position "0". It's "blacked out". If you move the rudder stick, you WILL see movement on the monitor for AUX2.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3391.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	199899

Now, just in case there are more missing information, here's 2 more pictures. This is in "System Setup", "Channel Assign". 1 is of the "Rx port assignments. Note AUX2 (for you, it will be AUX5). Next is of the "Channel Input Config". Also, note AUX2 (AUX5 in your case).

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3392.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	199900
        Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3393.JPG Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	199901

As far as I know, ALL of these settings must be this way in order for this to work. Miss one and it won't work.
        Thanks again xviper. Everything seems the same but the last two screens are different on the IX12. Still trying

Comment

Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Thanks again xviper. Everything seems the same but the last two screens are different on the IX12. Still trying
          Yeah, I was afraid of that. Nevertheless, there has to be something similar. Just look for something that has something to do with RX ports and Ch. input.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Yeah, I was afraid of that. Nevertheless, there has to be something similar. Just look for something that has something to do with RX ports and Ch. input.
            I certainly appreciate your efforts.

Comment

The exact settings are dependent on the radio. So first we need to be sure of the radio you are programming. Doing it in my DX-18 is slightly different from a friend's DX-8 and VERY different from any Futaba or my old Polks Tracker. But all can get there.

You may have to play with various settings to get the desired result.

I recommend unplugging the nose retract (and doors if they have a separate servo) while testing. You already know the retract goes up and down. Leave it down.

Mix rudder to the nose-wheel channel and assign that to the retract switch. Retracts down = mix on. Retract up = mix off. (mains moving confirms switch direction.)

You may have to use any of several tricks to make the nose-wheel steering go to center when the mix is off. This varies with the radio.

Let us know what radio and when you get to where the nose-wheel steering works with retract down but does not when retracts are up. Then we'll work on centering the nose-wheel when its up if needed.

I'll look up the manual and get it figured out if I don't already know your specific radio.

I also will apply a high value expo to the nose-wheel steering when I do this mix. You need more rudder than nose-wheel steering for crosswind. You want tight turns possible for low speed taxi, but you do not want the nose-wheel to be sensitive during the take-off run.

People at the local field wonder how I get my take-off runs so straight while being able to turn very tight... Its high expo on the nose-wheel but low expo on the rudder.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

He's already posted that he's got an IX12.

Comment

Thanks fhhuber. Like xviper said it's an IX12. Was already planning on low vs high expo for rudder and nose steering. I use expo exclusively vs dual or triple rates. BTW the screen for mixes on this radio show me what's responding and not responding when I mess with rates etc. If I think I've made a breakthrough, then I take the trany out to the garage and initialize the plane to verify. Right now, since there is no cockpit installed to block the nose wheel from steering in the retracted position, I can test it a little in the up position to verify workie- no workie. These are stock retracts provided with the kit as an option. Then I sent them to Down and Locked to have them converted to electrics with a controller that is programed to handle the gear door sequence. Anyway,I'm thinking I have missed some little detail that I've overlooked....maybe on another screen.....but haven't found it yet. Currently, I have six other planes I fly with this radio with no problems, although this function is usually handled by the blue box. But this one little detail has me stumped.:Thinking:

Comment

Working...
                  X