X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live with Alpha

Alpha created an account on Twitch.tv (AlphaMakesA) and just hosted a session where he was walking us through how he designs planes and parts in CAD. During the live feed you can hear him speak and see what he's doing on the computer, and you can talk to him and all other attendees via chat. This first episode today was just a trial run to see how it would go, and it was a smashing success (was supposed to only be about 20 minutes, and wound up going 2.5 hours!)! By the end I think we had 20 guys on chat. Alpha wants to make this a weekly thing, so links and announcements will be put in this thread.

If you missed today's episode, you can watch it here:

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

You will need to sign up for a Twitch account, but it's free. You can also Follow Alpha on Twitch, and get notifications when he's live. He will post on this thread with further info on days/times for live events.
    Pat

It was a great show. Lots of design tips and discussion about the design and development of products!

Create a twitch account and log to view today’s and subscribe for the next episode.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

crxmanpat Thanks for the "Heads Up" on this Pat. What a great idea. Enjoyed it much. Best, Steve
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I just happened upon this today, but WOW such a great event. Thanks for doing this Alpha. I will be sure to tune in next time!
        Len

Comment

Lots of great information! Thanks for putting this together and I look forward to the next episode.

Comment

It was a good first trial run! Looking through the analytics, there were 54 people who watched at least a portion of it.

What day is best for a weekly AlphaMakes? I'm thinking Tuesday evenings, Eastern Standard? 30 minutes of assorted CAD drafting, Q&A, shop talk should be enough without getting boring.

Speaking of not being boring, I'm jumping onto Andre's RC Afterhours podcast in two minutes. We're talking shop on some balsa projects, gas engines, and a bit of MiG-29 chatter.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I like Tuesdays, like 8 pm Eastern? Wednesdays are good too. Heck, any day of the week is good!
              Pat

Comment

Thanks again, Alpha! This was a fantastic time, and very educational. For anyone that hasn't watched it, it is highly recommended, and be sure to catch it Live next time.

Comment

Definitely a good time. Very much appreciate Alpha taking the time to share with us. He makes it look easy.

Comment

Thank you for doing that Alpha!
                    You did an excellent job on the CAD walk-through too. Hopefully more people will get interested in using Fusion360, it's such a lovely software to use for designing RC aircraft stuff

Comment

Alright friends, so it looks like we're looking at every Tuesday evening at 9pm EST. Post here if that time works for you, and if it doesn't, advise a few other options for the group to consider.

Comment

Works for me.

Comment

2-3 a.m. in Europe ... ouch!

Here is a link for your next project Alpha 🙃🙃🙃

Comment

Tuesday at 9pm ET works great at the moment.

Comment

Time works for me!
                              Pat

Comment

The43rdHammer I could do another weekly livestream when it's not 2am there in the UK. What time ranges work for you?

Comment

9PM Eastern works for me

Comment

Works for me as well

Comment

I'm Retired, any time is good for me

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                        The43rdHammer I could do another weekly livestream when it's not 2am there in the UK. What time ranges work for you?
                                        Alpha Looks like 21:00 EST works for most people. I have my own business so often work late into the night / morning, be good to have some company in any case 👍

Comment

Working...
                                        X