X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Lon...I really enjoy painting my birds when the opportunity or hankering arises!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Thanks Matt! The two pups with me are our shop mascots, Ezno and Bandit. They keep my feet warm on cold days in the office!

Comment

My FMS 1700mm Mustang in RAAF 3Sqn Italy 1945 colours. Callie sent these to me well over 2 years ago.

The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

Nice Phill!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I recommend Callie's work every chance I get. Professional grade product that a hobbyist can afford. I have used her decals on all of my custom wrapped planes.

And, by the way, that's my Tiger Moth in Callie's original post;-)

​Jim

Comment

Great Beaver scheme, wvrailfan! And Flyer Phill, I've never seen a Spitfire in RAF colors, well done.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                Great Beaver scheme, wvrailfan! And Flyer Phill, I've never seen a Spitfire in RAF colors, well done.
                Hey Alpha, it's a Mustang in RAAF colours! :)

Comment

Silly iPhone auto-correct. RAAF --Yes of course! I thought CV-P was the year prior. P-51K, if memory serves?

I love the tail on that livery. I've never seen it in foam electric, must be quite a looker at your local airfield.

Comment

HK DC-3 with Callie
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Nice DC-3!!! I have converted my Dynam C-47 to a DC-3 and am waiting for my Callie graphics. You're much younger than I imagined. Doc

Comment

I wish Doc , that's one of my grandsons Jason he is 12 ............
                        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          Silly iPhone auto-correct. RAAF --Yes of course! I thought CV-P was the year prior. P-51K, if memory serves?

I love the tail on that livery. I've never seen it in foam electric, must be quite a looker at your local airfield.
                          Not quite finished yet Alpha. Hopefully I'll complete her during our winter.

Comment

Just received my Callie graphics for my DC-3. They look great. Now I have to put them on. Any hints, other than Callie's instructions? Doc

Comment

I just make sure the surface is clean and slowly peel the backing and take my time placing it on straight and even. Make sure you rub the decal firmly and then I peel away very slowly and at an angle that is low to the surface starting in one corner. If the decal starts to lift up (common with small nomenclature lettering) simply put it back down and rub the sheet firmly and repeat...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks. I'm a little nervous, because once it's down...it's down. Doc

Comment

Todd's instructions are great. They work well for factory paintjobs, or even non-primered acrylic paint jobs, such as my recent FW-190. You can see in the rudder photo that even the smallest decals adhere nicely onto hand brushed acrylic, which is often fairly fragile paint.

Thanks Callie, as always, you're the BEST!!!

Comment

Yes! Just got my order in last night and Callie is sending them off today! Now that's service!! I'll keep you posted with the results. Got the Iron Ass decal off and the paint all touched up again. With a little heat, scotch tape and some tweezers, got it down to bare foam and then built the layers up again. I also filled in the gaps where the tail attaches to the fuse. Little bits like that make all the difference in the appearance. The other thing that I'm going to paint in is the ejector slots for the shells that should be on the bottom of the wing. Haven't seen that on anyone's yet.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks Callie, the Decals arrived yesterday and they went on smoothly as usual!!
                                      The rivets on the Mustang are a bit of a challenge, so I'll spend some time working the decal over them. Thanks for the great work and service!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Those Pandora decals are out of this world, Dan. What a standout scheme on that aircraft!

Comment

Thanks Alpha, it stands out in the sky for sure! I saw the Alabama State Hornets logo and just could resist. They're on both tops and bottoms of the wing. When I was trying to come up with something for the bottom, I originally had an elongated shield-type of shape, but it was boring, so I found the center of the base of the shield and connected two lines per side to the center and cut them out, turned them upside down so the pointy end was facing upwards and stuck her down, turned out great. I bought some stock plastic trim sheets in black from motion and found a lid that looked like the size I wanted, used it for the size of the scallop and cut it out. Then I used the pieces I'd cut out to do the trailing edge. She looks like a little Hornet now!
                                          Time to get Freewing to make a Super Pandora with a 50A ESC and a 3536 850kv motor. Both of mine have that system in them and the are GREAT!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X