Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Y'all, Not certain where to post this type of request so I chose here as it is an active site. I was given 2 Exceed RC Monster Power Series 60s 50-65 kv400 motors. I don't know if these are good for the foamie EDFs or Prop Jobs. Can someone give me a little advice on whether I should use these or put'em back in the drawer? Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Today, I flew an old friend that I haven't taken to the field in a long time. My FMS Mustangs are standing the test of time very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        Hey Y'all, Not certain where to post this type of request so I chose here as it is an active site. I was given 2 Exceed RC Monster Power Series 60s 50-65 kv400 motors. I don't know if these are good for the foamie EDFs or Prop Jobs. Can someone give me a little advice on whether I should use these or put'em back in the drawer? Best, LB
        Power 60 400kv will be intended for fairly large aircraft, appx 1.9 meter or just under 6 ft wingspan. ".60 glow equivalent" size and performance.
        400 kv is a bit on the lower end of kv range, meaning they are intended for slower flying models with large props. Good for "3D" aerobatics or heavy lift or a glider tug.

"50-65" is usually expected to be measurements of motor diameter and length (without the shaft) in mm. But that isn't true for all makers.

I'm putting a pair of nearly equal motors in a 88 inch span B-25, definite overkill on power, but they'll swing scale 16X8-3-blade props.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• fhhuber, Thank you for the information and the quick reply. I like the idea of a larger B-25 with electric power. I presumed the 60 rating would be near .61cc equivalent and I will do better research with respect to kv ratings. The price was definitely good on these, however. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• 0.61 ci, not 60 cc.

60 cc would be appx 3.60 ci.
            You could just about (not quite enough for a 100 lb person... ) fly an ultralight on a pair of 60 cc equiv electric power systems, which would be appx 8 hp to 10 hp each.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I flew the P38, and my son flew his plane today. Unfortunately we both ran into problems, but also in the same breath we were fortunate to have simple repairs needed. Mine was due to an immediate 180° wind shift and my plane came in way hotter than I expected. As the plane went past I felt the wind shift and knew what was happening only it was too late and the plane was already landed. Just rolled so fast and so far the left gear couldn't hack it, and out came the mount. Anyway, all is well for how things went.

Comment

• Happy Fathers Day gents!

My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Nailed that landing!

Comment

• Man that F4 has superb slow flight caritatistics! :)LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      Nailed that landing!
                      Thanks! Even a broken clock is right twice a day! LOL
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Didn't even stall at that speed either....................LOLLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          Nailed that landing!

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                          Thanks! Even a broken clock is right twice a day! LOL
                          I've gotta believe it was all in that landing stance you had going on there.. :)... very nice video!
                          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Went Friday & Saturday afternoons. took the Doll, Prometheus, & HZ Corsair.

Comment

• How does the
                              Prometheus fly? I wanted to get one....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                How does the
                                Prometheus fly? I wanted to get one....
                                Man that thing is so awesome! I crashed my 1st one on it's 6th flight! Loved it so much I replaced it the same day. Then they discontinued it. Here's a vid..

Comment

• It is discontinued? Well that figures!!! LOL Very cool though....

Comment

• I think E-flite has a slogan when a new model comes out: "You Better Hurry Before We Discontinue It!"
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Ain't that the truth?

Comment

• Exactly! I really miss their old P38F5

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          Exactly! I really miss their old P38F5
                                          Man I loved those E-flite P-38s...Flew beautifully. Very fragile but I loved those models. I had 3 of them. Wish they made the same model in a larger size.​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	p38paint5.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	137601
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X