Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next from Motion RC?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	J2F Duck.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	271664

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boeing Stearman PT17.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	271665
    If Motion were to produce a Grumman Duck; could you provide some threaded points to add a screw-on set of fixed landing gear and a tail wheel like those on a Stearman? It might seem like a "Franken Duck", but that way, one can create a biplane with a "skirted body" for land-based flying off pavement and when you want to go to water, just re-attach all the floats. That way you get 2 birds in one package...The floats would have to be separate screw on items anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

I considered doing a 3DPUP for the A-10 to make a A-10B N/AW. Modification to the cockpit/hatch, a small turtle deck fairing, and extended stabilizer tips and elevators. A 2-seater for the MiG-29 can likely work by just kit-bashing the canopy/battery hatch..
      DD, I, too, have thought about foam & 3DPUP turtle deck with a canopy plug for a P-51D to "B" conversion. A bit-o-kit bashing there would work well, I think. Gotta figure this one as I just can't get a "B" model Mustang off my mind. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Alpha, currently building the AL37. Why do you use the OPTO ESCs plus an extra BEC? Wouldn't it be better to use the BEC variant of the ESCs and pimp the blue box to handle the dual input from both ESCs? So you would have 10A max plus the security of the double input as a bonus. Maybe this solution could be cheaper at all?

Comment

• One Item Other than a wish list of certain Prop planes and Jets I would love to see are installed BRAKES. Especially on such nice EDF's like the New Mig 29. With the advancement we have seen a in the past few years and the lack of having the longer runways For Take off and, more so for the landings would be BRAKES on the planes installed. the bigger share of runways for our RC planes are now to short for a lot of the newer EDfs to make safer landings with out running off into the weeds or taller grass so how about it Alpha will we ever see these EDF's come out with BRAKES already installed ? I for one believe sales would be greater if they installed BRAKES as a standard item and not an option you have to add after you have made the purchase

Comment

• I think that severely overestimates the number of people flying off of tarmac, or even more so, the number of people flying off of tarmac that aren't buying models because they don't have brakes installed.

​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank_GER View Post
              Hey Alpha, currently building the AL37. Why do you use the OPTO ESCs plus an extra BEC? Wouldn't it be better to use the BEC variant of the ESCs and pimp the blue box to handle the dual input from both ESCs? So you would have 10A max plus the security of the double input as a bonus. Maybe this solution could be cheaper at all?
              Frank_GER Hi Frank, the most concise answer is that we prefer the UBEC because of its track record. We have thousands upon thousands of this unit in circulation across dozens of aircraft for nearly a decade, and it's incident rate is among the lowest of any production electronic component from any of our major factory partners. Its reliability outweighs the additional benefit of it being less expensive than developing another MFCB that integrates that feature. In addition, the independent nature of the UBEC allows it to be easily replaced by another device if a user so chooses.

Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
              One Item Other than a wish list of certain Prop planes and Jets I would love to see are installed BRAKES. Especially on such nice EDF's like the New Mig 29. With the advancement we have seen a in the past few years and the lack of having the longer runways For Take off and, more so for the landings would be BRAKES on the planes installed. the bigger share of runways for our RC planes are now to short for a lot of the newer EDfs to make safer landings with out running off into the weeds or taller grass so how about it Alpha will we ever see these EDF's come out with BRAKES already installed ? I for one believe sales would be greater if they installed BRAKES as a standard item and not an option you have to add after you have made the purchase
              Wild Man Good question, Wild Man. We've looked at brakes at different times over the years. So far, it has been difficult to justify forcing everyone to pay the added ~$50 of a brake system in a PNP airplane, when we know that not everyone is going to use it. Brakes add an additional channel, aside from the weight and complexity (and thereby added potential for issues such as asymmetric brake application). Accordingly, at least so far, brakes have remained one of those optional "Upgrades" for those pilots for whom those costs are outweighed by such a system's advantages.

That being said, we have shown ourselves to be responsive to concerted, organized, majority-driven requests for changes to our products, most notably in our ongoing conversion of main line 80mm and 90mm PNPs to use Inrunners. The 70mm F-35, 80mm T-33, Twin 80mm MiG-29, and 80mm Gripen have all been released as PNP Inrunner models. This change was requested by a chorus of community members, and so we responded, and so far the data suggests that indeed the majority of those members were in fact happy to pay the additional premium over the previous outrunner motors we delivered in our PNPs previously. I would encourage you to start a poll here on Squawk, and let the community weigh in.

I'll be listening.

​​​​​​​
              Thanks again,
              Alpha
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                One Item Other than a wish list of certain Prop planes and Jets I would love to see are installed BRAKES.
                Since many don't need them, a good option would be to have compatible brakes sold as an upgrade. In other words, have them integrated and tested, but not included in the base price. That would be more convenient for everybody than trying to find and install random after-market brakes. And MotionRC could make some money also, since a lot of people would naturally buy the "proven" brakes.

Comment

• I prefer that wheel brakes be an option and not add the weight or the expense unless I chose to do so, after purchase. I never need them on my primary flying site and rarely if ever at any of the events I attend.

Would be nice for many if MRC had them available for the larger and heavier jets, as an option

Everyone on a grass runway typically gets some braking action from the grass, often more than they want.

Comment

• Hey Alpha so we have 2 new EDF's now. I think we need another WW2 bird in particular an Axis plane. There's not a 6S 1600mm+ Bf109, FW190, Stuka or Zero around. Hobbyking has the old Starmax 1600 FW190 or did have but that planes garbage from what i hear. FMS had a 1400mm FW190 thats discontinued and a 1400mm Stuka thats discontinued. The 1400mm Zero and 1400mm Bf109 they still have but its probably matter of time before both are discontinued. In fact Horizon no longer carries the Bf-109 but its available on Amazon and FMS website still. I think any of those would be awesome, i know id buy one or two lol.

Comment

• You're not wrong, ncflyer79

Comment

• I do agree. Brakes from Motion developed for The Free Wing EDF's would be a nice Option. Most of the paved runways out here in SD, Wyo. and a few other fly over States are to short and rough on both ends. After watching most of the Test flights on the Free Wing EDF's Until they do the first few flights they run off the ends most of the time. I have ordered two brake sets 65 mm tires with 4 mm axles to install

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

Since many don't need them, a good option would be to have compatible brakes sold as an upgrade. In other words, have them integrated and tested, but not included in the base price. That would be more convenient for everybody than trying to find and install random after-market brakes. And MotionRC could make some money also, since a lot of people would naturally buy the "proven" brakes.
                          If their ambition is to standardise the parts catalogue as much as they can (E.g. I think there are three main 'types' of retract unit that cover most of the freewing planes, although a new SKU likely coming online with the mig 29) then an optional plug and play strut/wheel combo becomes a little more viable...

Comment

• Originally posted by ncflyer79 View Post
                            Hey Alpha so we have 2 new EDF's now. I think we need another WW2 bird in particular an Axis plane.
                            Now the question I have for Alpha : Would An Ho-229 be released under the Flightline brand, or Freewing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Now the question I have for Alpha : Would An Ho-229 be released under the Flightline brand, or Freewing?
                              I suppose you'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

• I for one would love to see a 2000 mm B-25 Mitchell. Or a 2000 mm B-17 That is what is on my wish list

Comment

• 2000mm B-17 For Me!!!!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                    2000mm B-17 For Me!!!!
                                    But make it with a single wing connection board like the FMS F7F, NOT like the Flightline B-24. That one simply has way too many connections to do when putting it together and taking it apart. I fly mine very little because of that one feature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                      You're not wrong, ncflyer79
                                      Alpha, now you’ll get us all excited again! You know I’m in for a nice 1600mm FW190 or similar....bring it on I say .....

Cheers
                                      Kurt

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        But make it with a single wing connection board like the FMS F7F, NOT like the Flightline B-24. That one simply has way too many connections to do when putting it together and taking it apart. I fly mine very little because of that one feature.
                                        That's to bad, you have to take your B-24 apart to transport it. I fly mine a lot and never have removed the wing. I can get it and two others planes in the box, and two more EDF's in the back seat of my Ford Super Duty One ton Crew cab Ford, and one of my Choppers in the front seat no problems

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                          If/when we see the majority of people confidently flying a delta, we'll consider other deltas. The Mirage was the first chance, the Gripen is now the second. Show me we can all fly thin arrowheads without falling out of the sky, then we'll talk about which long-bodied delta should be next on our To Do list (Tu-144, Concorde, Hustler, Draken, Delta Dart, etc, etc, etc, etc)

Everyone knows I love deltas, so, it's a low bar.
                                          I'm sure this one will be a hit! Selfishly hoping so to clear the way for the 106 . More Deltas is definitely a step in the right direction! Will likely be picking up a Mirage soon as well for some mod projects.

Comment

Working...
                                          X