X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Martin Mars would be a treat. Big and slow and scale. Speaking of which, a Bear remains near the top of my personal wishlist (although compared to the Mars it isn't exactly "slow").
    But wouldn't that be REALLY expensive to pull off the counter-rotating propellers?

Comment

• Why yes, yes it would. but electric contra-rotating propsets sound divine.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Although I love my 80mm (6S PNP and 8S aftermarket) and 90mm EDF jets (only 8S or above on most of the scale jets), I'm in the mood for a new 70mm EDF jet. The 6S 70mm EDF jets with full suspension struts and enough scale features are fun, and am curious to see what the future holds for those.

It's okay to spill the beans on Hobbysquawk regarding a new project, Alpha. The internet is totally private and nobody will know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

But wouldn't that be REALLY expensive to pull off the counter-rotating propellers?
          There have been a number of brushless motor sets produced where one motor shaft rotates inside another motors hollow shaft. The two motor stack works fine.

With these and two ESCs and some custom spinners and props, you would be good to go. This does turn aircraft like a Bear Bomber into, technically, a model with 8 motors and 8 speed controls. Not undoable.

I have bought a couple of different smaller coaxial brushless motors for under 50 bucks.
          Attached Files

Comment

• If you can do a Bear, you can do a B-36.

Just saying. ;)

Comment

• We all usually put forth "manned" aircraft but a few have mentioned the modern UCAV's. I don't know how many remember back in the late 70's/early 80's when the HiMAT project was the talk of the aviation circles. Back then the periodical "Aviation Week&Space Technology" was always full of new an exciting ideas and new technologies due to the cold war with the USSR and "Star Wars" research. It hasn't been nearly as exciting the last decade or so.

Anyway, when I was a young man I always thought the HiMAT vehicle was coolest thing going and had hoped that is what the F-16 would have morphed into. I think with wheels it would make a very cool EDF.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HIMAT_02_1024.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	265689

Name:	HIMAT_03_1024.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	265690

Name:	Rockwell_HiMAT_RPRV-870_3view1024.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	265691

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post

There have been a number of brushless motor sets produced where one motor shaft rotates inside another motors hollow shaft. The two motor stack works fine.

With these and two ESCs and some custom spinners and props, you would be good to go. This does turn aircraft like a Bear Bomber into, technically, a model with 8 motors and 8 speed controls. Not undoable.

I have bought a couple of different smaller coaxial brushless motors for under 50 bucks.
                I've never seen "humping" motors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                  We all usually put forth "manned" aircraft but a few have mentioned the modern UCAV's. I don't know how many remember back in the late 70's/early 80's when the HiMAT project was the talk of the aviation circles. Back then the periodical "Aviation Week&Space Technology" was always full of new an exciting ideas and new technologies due to the cold war with the USSR and "Star Wars" research. It hasn't been nearly as exciting the last decade or so.

Anyway, when I was a young man I always thought the HiMAT vehicle was coolest thing going and had hoped that is what the F-16 would have morphed into. I think with wheels it would make a very cool EDF.

Name:	HIMAT_02_1024.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	265689

Name:	HIMAT_03_1024.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	265690

Name:	Rockwell_HiMAT_RPRV-870_3view1024.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	265691
                  If you like the HIMAT check this one out, STRAIT OUTTA QO'NOS:

The Boeing Bird of Prey

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                    If you can do a Bear, you can do a B-36.

Just saying. ;)
                    Compared to the Bear, unless you wanted full realism, a Peacemaker would be infinitely easier. Only two more engines than the B-24, and unless you absolutely, positively had to have the jet pods functional with EDFs, all the'd have to be are plastic glue-ons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

If you like the HIMAT check this one out, STRAIT OUTTA QO'NOS:

The Boeing Bird of Prey
                      That doesn't do it for me. I like the performance aspect of the HiMAT rather than a "stealth" drone that would flame out if pulling more than 5 or 6 positive G's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                        Why yes, yes it would. but electric contra-rotating propsets sound divine.
                        I remember a few years back there was free plans out of an English magazine for a hot-wire cut foam Tu-95.
                        Designed by... Chris Golds? I believe? Ran a couple of .40 glow engines with dummy outer motors or four .25's
                        Even back then I was curious to the feasibility of it flying on brushless outrunners. Lipos were pretty new at the time, just for context

Comment

• Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post

I remember a few years back there was free plans out of an English magazine for a hot-wire cut foam Tu-95.
                          Designed by... Chris Golds? I believe? Ran a couple of .40 glow engines with dummy outer motors or four .25's
                          Even back then I was curious to the feasibility of it flying on brushless outrunners. Lipos were pretty new at the time, just for context
                          I had that plan, scaled it down and started a 72” version for four Speed 400 direct drive.It sits on the shelf, about 30-40% complete.

As unlikely as it would ever be, an ARF would be awesome.

Comment

• What's next you ask? Find out LIVE Tomorrow (Friday, August 7th) at 12 pm est on our YouTube channel. Alpha will be joining me and we will unveil your next RC favorite! Show will go live at this link:

Can't wait to see you all there!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                              What's next you ask? Find out LIVE Tomorrow (Friday, August 7th) at 12 pm est on our YouTube channel. Alpha will be joining me and we will unveil your next RC favorite! Show will go live at this link:

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                What's next you ask? Find out LIVE Tomorrow (Friday, August 7th) at 12 pm est on our YouTube channel. Alpha will be joining me and we will unveil your next RC favorite! Show will go live at this link:

oh yeaaaaah come on make us a nice big RAFALE or any french fighter jet 🤙🏻🥰🇫🇷

Comment

• I see a lot of orders ahead for this one.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• No hints this time? 😃 Just a tiny one?

Comment

• Well, we do know it's an EDF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        Well, we do know it's an EDF.
                                        Yes, but how many edfs?

Comment

• Originally posted by L over D View Post
                                          No hints this time? 😃 Just a tiny one?
                                          A big one, actually
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X