X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

"Rocketry is as safe as any other hobby. The FAA and other goverment agencies actually works with NAR and Tripoli as far as altitude waivers and gas for some time.

Mike"

And as Shakespeare wrote "And there's the rub." Just as there are people who don't follow the rules with RC aircraft, there are those in rocketry who won't, and they to will get the bulk of the headlines.
    LOL....... NAR and Tripoli hold launches and have a safety rules in place and they work. High Powered Rocketry is very popular and our club field holds a waiver ( issued by the FAA ) to fly to 14.500 feet if were that dangerous they wouldn't issue them. You can't even buy a rocket motor over a G without obtaining a certificate from either organization. The risk is low. Low powered stuff A, B and C engines are very popular with kids and about the only danger is poking your eye out on the launch rod and can be flown almost anywhere. .
    Rockets are a great way for clubs to expand their operation and generate funds.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	STA cropped IMG_1886.JPG
Views:	700
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	254042 one of these with 70mm fans would be welcome also.
      Here's my AL37 in NASA colors.

Mike

Name:	IMG_0337.JPG
Views:	556
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	254055

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	C00F8497-68BA-4138-9FB2-79E6FBD515C7.jpeg
Views:	493
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	254763 T or A version - buyer option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post

Name:	STA cropped IMG_1886.JPG
Views:	700
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	254042 one of these with 70mm fans would be welcome also.
          Is that a Cessna Citation?

Comment

That is an old G-II (Gulfstream).

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	254886
              Originally posted by Beeg View Post

That is an old G-II (Gulfstream).
              Remember it well . It was stationed here in El Paso along with the Super Guppy. Shuttle training went on at White Sands.

Mike

Comment

VP, These are Citations. And who is that handsome guy walking with the lovely ladies? Hmmmmmm, could it be? Naw, nobody's that Lucky, except maybe.... Best, LB

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	535
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	254896Click image for larger version

Name:	wall_1024_02.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	254897
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

VP, These are Citations. And who is that handsome guy walking with the lovely ladies? Hmmmmmm, could it be? Naw, nobody's that Lucky, except maybe.... Best, LB
                  LOL! Priorities! Let the other two talk about the game!
                  Does that mean you used to be the most interesting man in world?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

LOL! Priorities! Let the other two talk about the game!
                    Does that mean you used to be the most interesting man in world?

What do you mean by "used to be". Clearly shouldn't be past tense!
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Double post

Comment

• Elbee, My Hero!

Name:	MostInterestingFreewing.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	254938

Comment

• Beeg you win the funniest guy I know award for today. Hysterical. It's good to still be here, but it was great to be young---ger. The airstrip in the picture is only 3600' in length and getting out was fun. Full throttle, high AoA ascent. Remarkable. Love the Dos Equis ad remake, I showed Tamms your post, and she told me to go sweep out the garage. So there you have it from hero to zero in the blink of an eye. BTW, Hugh Wiedman I thank you for the encouragement. Best, LB

Dos Equis Ads Remix via you tube: https://vimeo.com/350719349
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• There would be a bit of a conundrum for MRC should they ever decide to make one of these business jets. My choice would be a Lear 25. However I believe if this jet was done right is would have serious potential to out fly most if not all of MRC'c fighter jets, LOL. Lear 25's were serious performance aircraft. they could easily out fly all the early subsonic military jets. There are a few exceptions.

One of my dear friends Clay Lacy has owned and operated these Lear's for years. You have all seen them, they are in virtually every single motion picture since the beginning of time that has visuals of Lear Jets. My second choice would be some variation of a Gulfstream 2 thru what ever. Once again, if done right it will out fly virtually all of their fighter jets. Probably not a good thing. LOL

As for the Cessna Citations. They're great jets. I don't really know about the performance specifications to be honest. I fly them a lot as a passenger. But I'm sure they're respectable to say the least. They would make a nice models for sure.

Best Regards
                            Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                              There would be a bit of a conundrum for MRC should they ever decide to make one of these business jets. My choice would be a Lear 25. However I believe if this jet was done right is would have serious potential to out fly most if not all of MRC'c fighter jets, LOL. Lear 25's were serious performance aircraft. they could easily out fly all the early subsonic military jets. There are a few exceptions.

One of my dear friends Clay Lacy has owned and operated these Lear's for years. You have all seen them, they are in virtually every single motion picture since the beginning of time that has visuals of Lear Jets. My second choice would be some variation of a Gulfstream 2 thru what ever. Once again, if done right it will out fly virtually all of their fighter jets. Probably not a good thing. LOL

As for the Cessna Citations. They're great jets. I don't really know about the performance specifications to be honest. I fly them a lot as a passenger. But I'm sure they're respectable to say the least. They would make a nice models for sure.

Best Regards
                              Woody
                              For RC business jets, I'd also love to see a Lear, Gulfstream, or Citation X modeled. One nice aspect of tail mounted engines is the added ease of the wing assembly/disassembly for transportation in comparison to wing mounted engine aircraft like their AL-37.

Comment

• I think the Lears are maybe the sexiest business jets ever built. As a Canuck I'm also rather fond of the whisper-quiet CL-601 Challenger, which used a civil version of the powerplants on the A-10!

Elbee: Back around 1990 or so I was at a small airstrip on a hot July day. Grass covered, maybe 2000' long with a fence across the button at one end and surrounded by trees on the other sides. As a low time pilot it was uncomfortable for me doing short-field landings there in a Cessna 172 (the downside of training on an 8000' runway). About mid afternoon the Citation (maybe a II?)comes in for a flawless short, soft field landing. Needed *most* of the runway to stop, but he had the mains on the grass just barely inside the fence. After my struggles, that made my jaw drop!

Comment

• CF-105, Yes, we get complaisant with what we consider as 'normal'. Good to get out of that comfort zone, especially as part-time pilots. I did hours of Flight Safety time that kept the angst to a minimum, though despite all the flight hours we have it is great to see a better pilot perform a 'teachable moment'. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Alpha,

I'm sure this has already been asked.......when is the next instalment of the 1600mm warbird series going to be released?

Please let it be a German one!

Comment

• Or even a 1600mm Japanese Mitsubishi A6M Zero......that would be awesome!!!

Comon Alpha.....pleeeeeeease!!!

Comment

• thats another vote for 1600 zero... hope ya counting them alpha .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                          CF-105, Yes, we get complaisant with what we consider as 'normal'. Good to get out of that comfort zone, especially as part-time pilots. I did hours of Flight Safety time that kept the angst to a minimum, though despite all the flight hours we have it is great to see a better pilot perform a 'teachable moment'. Best, LB
                                          Probably, the most enjoyable part of my is those “teachable moments”, that more often than not happen weekly. There are times when I wonder if I am losing my edge, but demonstrations combined with instructions are fun when an owner is still getting the feel of the new airplane. I dare not get cocky but I know what the planes will do - and what they won’t will get you hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                          X