X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Hugh Wiedman What a small world, I would never have guessed that your Freewing Stinger 90 custom scheme I like so much was inspired by one of your raceboats --a stick built Octura running a Rossi! Vintage cool points, all around.

We've got some 50mph boats in the pipeline; I agree, they're fun, although when they depart the water too high and too steeply, they don't make very good wannabe airplanes for too long before *splat*. Who says boating doesn't have its crash dangers?

It was both, ha! I had forgotten about the mashup monstrosity that is Space Battleship Yamato. Watched the series many, many moons ago. I'm sure someone could make one fly in foamie form filled with helium, but definitely not our Bancroft beasts. Although I'd sit back and enjoy watching anyone try!
    Who said anything about making one fly? But it'd be a great starting place for mod to simulate space the way the astronauts do:

Comment

• Hi Alpha, how about giving us all stuck at home in self isolation a little tinsy wincy eeny weeny little hint about when the next 1600mm Flightline bird will likely be released.....I know you can’t say exactly when but even a cryptic clue will hopefully stop us going stir crazy while we are cooped up and keep us going with the ‘guess what it is game’...........mmm or maybe a cryptic clue will actually send us over the edge..............go on be a sport ......

Totally understand if you can’t but no harm in asking....right?

Keep safe out there everyone

Cheers BMK

Comment

• No harm at. All. The mind must tick. 4 me p51 is too. Simple. Been done and done. Alpha took a risk with the airliner. It worked. Imagine. A box. ????

Comment

• Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post
          Hi Alpha, how about giving us all stuck at home in self isolation a little tinsy wincy eeny weeny little hint about when the next 1600mm Flightline bird will likely be released.....I know you can’t say exactly when but even a cryptic clue will hopefully stop us going stir crazy while we are cooped up and keep us going with the ‘guess what it is game’...........mmm or maybe a cryptic clue will actually send us over the edge..............go on be a sport ......

Totally understand if you can’t but no harm in asking....right?

Keep safe out there everyone

Cheers BMK
          Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
          No harm at. All. The mind must tick. 4 me p51 is too. Simple. Been done and done. Alpha took a risk with the airliner. It worked. Imagine. A box. ????

Speaking of boxes, it will most certainly arrive in one.

Is that a sufficient hint?

I liked your IDF viper repaint, Beetlemankurt, so let's try a two minute free write:

Blaze emblazoned worn its hull
          Murky seen the sweated curl
          Wild the wildling's seat concealed
          Sun white wildman's flag unfurled
          Toll the bell knelt down the drag
          Loft and wilted 'neath his trees
          Banners roll his father's man
          remembered on from sand to sea

Go stir crazy chewing on that. Just remember, y'all asked for it! #NotMyCorona
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• ...good on ya Alpha, that’s gonna get some minds stirring.......I can’t wait to see what analysis comes out of this! Mmmmmm .....now let me think.

Cheers for the comment on my Viper too, it’s one my favourites. Just love the colour combo of the IDF schemes and it looks real cool on a flyby.

Please excuse me while I go back to the bubblegum for the mind you’ve provided ..

Comment

• Alpha Thanks for dropping a new puzzle. I've yet to get one right, but I enjoy the challenge of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Speaking of boxes, it will most certainly arrive in one.

Is that a sufficient hint?

I liked your IDF viper repaint, Beetlemankurt, so let's try a two minute free write:

Blaze emblazoned worn its hull
                Murky seen the sweated curl
                Wild the wildling's seat concealed
                Sun white wildman's flag unfurled
                Toll the bell knelt down the drag
                Loft and wilted 'neath his trees
                Banners roll his father's man
                remembered on from sand to sea

Go stir crazy chewing on that. Just remember, y'all asked for it! #NotMyCorona
                Just waking up here, but somehow that all lead me this direction. ..
                The seat is kinda concealed, it's white.. well it is!, can be flown from sand to sea.
                I don't know.. time for some coffee.
                Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• ...and yet it does reference wildling which somehow lead me to the Mammoth Mogul (feature in a video game?)
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• With the success of the AL-37, I think a workhorse that served the military well for many years deserves a turn...

Comment

• Mmmmmmm....im picking up a Pacific theme here perhaps something’s around Peal Harbour?

or Could it be a Catalina with the hull reference?

other thoughts are the reference to ‘blaze emblazoned’ could be a Japanese hint e.g. rising sun and could represent a Zero or perhaps a P-40 (with rising sun kill markings) as both would also fit with a Pacific theme.

or.....I could be wrong on all counts . In all seriousness though, I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a P40 at some point soon. I’d be happy with that!

Comment

Mmmmmmm....im picking up a Pacific theme here perhaps something’s around Peal Harbour?

other thoughts are the reference to ‘blaze emblazoned’ could be a Japanese hint e.g. rising sun and could represent a Zero or perhaps a P-40 (with rising sun kill markings) as both would also fit with a Pacific theme.

or.....I could be wrong on all counts . In all seriousness though, I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a P40 at some point soon. I’d be happy with that!
                        Man, I'd love if they did a 1.6m P40!!!

Comment

• If it was a P40 that would be a smart move, tonnes of different livery options, a popular aircraft with a heap of history and to my knowledge, nothing in this exact size done before. I can only imagine what the scale detail would be. Great candidate for a sliding canopy.......mmmm....tasty

Comment

• ive doctor googled each one of those quotes,,,,,, bit of fun....and i agree pacific... zeek or p40 maybe boyingtons flying tigers ...i will start saving now

Comment

Mmmmmmm....im picking up a Pacific theme here perhaps something’s around Peal Harbour?

I like where you're going here. It does kinda fit right in with MRC's latest additions. I mean it is pretty much a tank of a plane that floats like a boat... hmmm

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Find out tomorrow!

Comment

• The "sand and sea" bit does make me think of either an amphibian like the later PBY-5's, something that saw action over the various invasion beaches, or something that saw service from carriers and land bases. The whole thing does have a "Pacific" feel, but still leaves a lot of options.

Comment

• I'm going with a Grumman J2F Duck

Click image for larger version

Name:	duck-standing-grumman.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	247677

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                                      I'm going with a Grumman J2F Duck

Click image for larger version

Name:	duck-standing-grumman.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	247677
                                      If you have to hand-launch it, does that qualify as "Chuck a duck"?

Comment

• I like the Grumman Duck Idea, but I'm still going for the B-29. It pretty much meets all the criteria. If not, well, you are all behind me on the pre-order button. Credit Card is warmed up Alpha. Come ta papa!
                                        Dutchman

Comment

• ​ wishing for one of these cactus air force p 39.

Comment

Working...
                                          X