Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as deltas go... I'd pretty much have to buy an Avro Arrow, if Freewing released one. And I'd also have to buy a "starter" EDF (T-33 maybe?) as I've only flown prop planes so far!

Speaking of prop planes, I'm hoping another wave of BH models is inbound soon... and hopefully a bit smaller in scale. Those big 50cc+ size birds look great, but just too darned big for me to haul!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
      If/when we see the majority of people confidently flying a delta, we'll consider other deltas. The Mirage was the first chance, the Gripen is now the second. Show me we can all fly thin arrowheads without falling out of the sky, then we'll talk about which long-bodied delta should be next on our To Do list (Tu-144, Concorde, Hustler, Draken, Delta Dart, etc, etc, etc, etc)

Everyone knows I love deltas, so, it's a low bar.

I'm curious...has the Mirage not done well for Freewing? Is it purely a size and orientation issue? I guess we'll see with the Gripen given the size.

As far as flying it, it just won't stall and there's enough power to bail out of most any situation and you can fly it in a box about 100 ft. cubed if you so desire to maintain orientation.

Flying it (a delta) seems almost too easy really, it can train some bad habits if you fly it a lot. I'm biased though, it's my favorite plane. Now, back at around the time I bought my first Mirage, I also bought and promptly crashed an F-5 due to a stall trying to get it slowed down and into my short field. That and the F-104 I find harder to fly, well land really, than the Mirage, for instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        You're not wrong, ncflyer79
        i can smell a zero or a 109 my corsair told me its zero

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

Nope it's one of these since everybody seems to like HUGE:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20pk5puuu5yy.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	272398

Comment

• I have no idea what that beast is, but from the weirdness I'd say it was Soviet?

Comment

Of the two, I'd bet my money on a Zero also.

I don't fly warbirds much any longer but I really would love a big 109, but guessing they don't sell as well given the ground and flight handling vs. a Zero.

Comment

• I always had my eyes on the FMS 1.4m zero but never pulled trigger. Ive had the 109 for about 2 years and I can agree that the ground handling can be a bit of work on take-offs and landings. Gyro stabilization helps a bit with tracking, but the plane still needs a bit of right rudder and aileron when the tail wheel gets up. Once its in the air it flies so nice, and looks great.

With all that being said, its unfortunately next up for planes to sell off to make room for the MiG-29, and because I try to not exceed owning 12 planes. But if a Flightine 109F or G comes out I will pick that up

Comment

• I know it's a long shot... but definitely would like a 1600 BF109... I know the landing gear make it formidable but...

Name:	1610168-1366x768-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg
Views:	377
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	272527Click image for larger version

Name:	red7_01-1024x721.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	272526

Comment

• Yeah, I like that idea of an Axis fighter and a FW 190D would be alright, too.

Name:	base-menu-window.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	272537Click image for larger version

Name:	115.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	272538
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by CF-105 View Post
                      I have no idea what that beast is, but from the weirdness I'd say it was Soviet?
                      WWII Soviet bomber https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolkhovitinov_DB-A

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        Yeah, I like that idea of an Axis fighter and a FW 190D would be alright, too.
                        Oh It would be a tough call for me... I like them both!! If I had my choice, it would be tough, but I lean to the 109; but the gear on the 190 is alot more user friendly!!

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	272558Click image for larger version

Name:	190-21.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	272559

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agreed, but I like the Nose Moment on the "D" Model, too. Just better all the way around for the user. Best, LB

• Found something on the world wide internet scoop patrol. Is it fair to say this is the next release from Flight Line?

FREEWING _______________________ - PNP

Its been a long time coming, but finally Freewing have finished the Long Awaited ________ For all the Enjoy!

Best of all they have included so much detail into this model, take a look at the retracts alone, solid Metal, worm driven, the perfect combination for scale flight and scale appearance.

6pcs LED light
                        Scale Electric Retracts with strong Aluminum Parts
                        4S 14.8V 20c 2200mAh-3000mAh Lipo battery (Required)
                        Fuselage length;1060mm
                        Wingspan:1400mm
                        Flight weight:1820g

I'll refrain from a link or photos to not spoil the easter eggs

Comment

• I believe that aircraft was released in roughly 2013, and is now discontinued. However, who knows, maybe they are bringing it back brand new and updated and under the FlightLine name.

I believe I saw the potential Easter Egg as well.

Comment

• That is NOT Freewing. That is the scam site, "Freewing-Model", which is not the real Freewing. That scam site is promoting a Freewing 1400mm Mosquito as if it's a new airplane... despite the fact that it's almost 10 years old and we discontinued it a couple years ago. The scammers are just trying to ensnare newer pilots who don't recognize that this bird is dead.

Help us continue to spread the word that Freewing-Model is an unauthorized clone/scam site, NOT the original Freewing. Based on the numerous reports we've received of people who were scammed by Freewing-Model thinking they were the real Freewing, we STRONGLY urge caution when browsing Freewing-Model's scam site. Motion RC is Freewing's official distributor, and neither we nor Freewing are liable for losses incurred if you send money to Freewing-Model.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

lol or a Ki-84

Comment

• At the end of the day Alpha nails it, no matter what it is, I will be excited to see the next Flightline rc release

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                  I believe I saw the potential Easter Egg as well.
                                  Do tell.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post

Alpha, now you’ll get us all excited again! You know I’m in for a nice 1600mm FW190 or similar....bring it on I say .....

Cheers
                                    Kurt
                                    I agree 100% we need a 1600mm 6S Axis bird. A nice Zero for for Corsair or German bird would be fantastic

Comment

• just size up the smaller Freewing FW190 with the same scheme and youll have a winner!!!!

Comment

• I promise I'm gonna stop... but come on... look at it... I know those gear are scary... but don't fight it... just let it happen

Name:	IMG_4427.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	272688

Comment

Working...
                                        X