X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
    Did you ever see the original 12 o'clock High?
    :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:
    Loved the movie with Gregory Peck and always watched the TV series as a kid that I think starred Robert Lansing (man, talk about someone who was always Mr. Serious). That's why I gotta get a B-17. When FL came out with the B-24, I was sure they would follow it up with a B-17. Bought the B-24 in the meantime, kinda of hoping it would have been a B-17 :Angry:, but liked it so much I ended up buying both schemes. :Cool: So image how fast I'd buy a large FL B-17. Get to work boys, the clock is ticking, it's way past 12 o'clock high! :Bomb:
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Yeah i was just thinking they could use the 1600mm warbirds power system ×4 with 2 6s packs running it. Would definitely have the room, and definitely have the scale effect being the fastest most powerful bomber in the war.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
        But you'll miss em when they are gone. Trust me I've heard it all while standing behind the counter. While maybe you could do the mod to that caboose but trust me 99% of the people that walk through the door that think they could do it but will bring it in and expect me to do it for them and of course fro free. Here's a example of one of our customers handy work and this guy was a engineering professor at the university here.Mike
        When in doubt duct tape it and presume he just couldn't cut the duct tape that thinly. Worked PT at a hobby shop for 8 years in the 80s and it was amazing to me how poorly many engineers and 1:1 pilots built and also flew. Most were a public danger. Thank goodness, those guys were good with slide-rules and checklists. Most bought a lot of spare parts on Monday, though. LOL Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• It's somewhat ironic that the B-17 will always be the iconic American WWII bomber, while there were nearly half-again as many B-24 bombers built during the war. Roughly 12,700 B-17 bombers were built, and about 18,500 B-24 bombers.

Interestingly, three Liberators actually saw service with the German military during the war, after being captured by the Germans. These planes were used by a clandestine unit, KG200, which evaluated and sometimes used for operations, captured enemy aircraft. At one point, one Liberator was used to infiltrate RAF bomber formations at night, despite wearing Luftwaffe markings. In an odd twist of fate, though, this plane was lost to German anti-aircraft fire on April 6th, 1945.

That would be fun model to get some folks spun up at the flying field - the B-24 in WWII Luftwaffe livery.

Comment

• Found a photo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Loved the movie with Gregory Peck and always watched the TV series as a kid that I think starred Robert Lansing (man, talk about someone who was always Mr. Serious). That's why I gotta get a B-17. When FL came out with the B-24, I was sure they would follow it up with a B-17. Bought the B-24 in the meantime, kinda of hoping it would have been a B-17 :Angry:, but liked it so much I ended up buying both schemes. :Cool: So image how fast I'd buy a large FL B-17. Get to work boys, the clock is ticking, it's way past 12 o'clock high! :Bomb:
              Not to mention Memphis Belle, Tora Tora Tora(small part), and many others. Gregory Peck rocked it though. Robert Lansing was also great in the series. The man had great eyebrows! Still loved it even after he was replaced by Paul Burke.:Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Avro Lancaster (1).jpg
Views:	387
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	191968 I guess The Lanc is just too ugly and heavy to be reproduced in foam. It would have to be 2000mm or more. HK had one for awhile but it wasn't big enough and the CG wasn't correct and they ditched it. The sound of 4 Merlins must have been intoxicating. After the war they were used as coastal search planes for a short time. With no bomb payload they could fly really low....

Comment

• The Lanc looks related to the B-24 and I always -respectfully - thought it was homely. Hell, many of the men who flew and flew in them did too. The B-17 is just gorgeous to me. It's why I continue to hope for a FlightLine 2000+mm version.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                    The Lanc looks related to the B-24 and I always -respectfully - thought it was homely. Hell, many of the men who flew and flew in them did too. The B-17 is just gorgeous to me. It's why I continue to hope for a FlightLine 2000+mm version.
                    Too bad you don't know anyone at MRC or have the ability to convince FL that you have the "ear of the public" in hand and can convince them you could advertise the hell out of a B-17 and they'll make a fortune. Oh wait, guess that's me. :Angry: Get on the phone Aros, we're counting on you! :Cool: You need to be doing less flying and more giving us what we want!!!! :)
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• LOL LOL

Brother, trust me. I do try. :Silly:
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        The Lanc looks related to the B-24 and I always -respectfully - thought it was homely. Hell, many of the men who flew and flew in them did too. The B-17 is just gorgeous to me. It's why I continue to hope for a FlightLine 2000+mm version.
                        I'm totally with you and everyone else, about the greatness of the American B17. The Liberator and The Lancaster were heavy duty, purpose built machines without clean lines and striking looks. The B17 has an "Art Deco" design to it and it's a great flyer. It really needs to be added to the line up of Flight Line planes. That's why I don't have a 4 engined plane yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Did you know that Robert Lansing was going to star in the first Star Trek spinoff, based on the episode "Assignment Earth"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                            It's somewhat ironic that the B-17 will always be the iconic American WWII bomber, while there were nearly half-again as many B-24 bombers built during the war. Roughly 12,700 B-17 bombers were built, and about 18,500 B-24 bombers.

Interestingly, three Liberators actually saw service with the German military during the war, after being captured by the Germans. These planes were used by a clandestine unit, KG200, which evaluated and sometimes used for operations, captured enemy aircraft. At one point, one Liberator was used to infiltrate RAF bomber formations at night, despite wearing Luftwaffe markings. In an odd twist of fate, though, this plane was lost to German anti-aircraft fire on April 6th, 1945.

That would be fun model to get some folks spun up at the flying field - the B-24 in WWII Luftwaffe livery.
                            Kind of like the TU-4, though those were reverse-engineered from B-29s that got lost on missions out of China.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Did you know that Robert Lansing was going to star in the first Star Trek spinoff, based on the episode "Assignment Earth"?
                              I remember that episode. Robert Lansing and the cat. They were trying to do something to a rocket at Cape Canaveral and Kirk had to stop him. BTW Robert Lansing also starred in 1966 in a film about the Killer Whales around San Juan Island called Namu the Killer Whale. They used allot of locals in the film and I know a number of them. They later filmed several of the Free Willy movies here as well. I think Practical Magic was the latest one filmed here FWIW.

Comment

• So Alpha. What are the chances of a 2 meter plus B-17 showing up on the horizon at our 12 o'clock?:)

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                  Could also up the wadger a bit and add a 2200mm B29 with 6s power:Silly::)
                                  Wait a minute... do I have the wrong guy, or weren't you all about smaller planes a couple of months ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Not to mention Memphis Belle, Tora Tora Tora(small part), and many others. Gregory Peck rocked it though. Robert Lansing was also great in the series. The man had great eyebrows! Still loved it even after he was replaced by Paul Burke.:Cool::Cool:
                                    I know I'm in the minority but I always liked Paul Burke better, Lansing was too stiff for me, although he's a better actor. Don't think the series is on right now, but I caught the whole thing a couple of times last year on Heroes and Icons; maybe they'll bring it back.

Comment

• SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......... Alpha, WHAT'S NEXT???? :)

Comment

• This.

Click image for larger version

Name:	This.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	192539
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          This.

Click image for larger version

Name:	This.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	192539
                                          LOL You asked! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X