Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next prop warbird should be...…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw4_12wgTUU

If there is one plane that should always be a stablemate to the Spitfire, its the Hurricane.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• I don't like Hurricanes. I would much prefer an opponent, such as Bf-109E or FW-190 in 1600mm.

Comment

• A 110 would be cool too

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_42833.jpg Views:	3 Size:	144.1 KB ID:	205466

I see seagull models are putting out a
          Bristol M1C Monoplane
          71inch wingspan soon..
          Attached Files

Comment

• So what's going on? Holding back for the holidays? I've been saving my pennies in hopes of something new and exciting, especially in the 64mm zone, preferably having separate servos for the ailerons and elevators. willing to pay extra for that.

Comment

• The last "new" model released was the F-35 and those got sent out in early June. July isn't even over yet. In the same boat shipment, was the "new" F-18. And just recently, they brought on the "new" line of Black Horse models. Then there's the latest "new" offerings in the helicopter line. In your view, how many "new" models should any one company release in a year and how often should there be a "new" one?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                The last "new" model released was the F-35 and those got sent out in early June. July isn't even over yet. In the same boat shipment, was the "new" F-18. And just recently, they brought on the "new" line of Black Horse models. Then there's the latest "new" offerings in the helicopter line. In your view, how many "new" models should any one company release in a year and how often should there be a "new" one?
                The F-35 is a V3, which in my book is not new. Neither is the same air frame with a new paint job, or bigger size. And as for Black Horse, I have neither the space to fly, patience to build, or cash to spend on those. And the new helicopters turned out to be a bust from my POV because they were supposed to be PNP. In my book PNP means minor assembly and adding a RX, not wiring a flight controller. Because of the field I fly at, I prefer 70 mm or smaller EDFs, and 1200 mm propeller.

Comment

• In other words, you're applying your own definition and your own needs and wants to what should be "new". That does not negate the fact that they have indeed released a lot of "new" product lately. If they don't release something in the 70mm or less size of EDF or 1200mm prop, then it's not "new". We all have our own definitions for these sorts of things. It all goes back to the old saying ................... You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time. It's tough being a seller in this hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piano0412 View Post
                    I don't like Hurricanes. I would much prefer an opponent, such as Bf-109E or FW-190 in 1600mm.
                    I "pooh pooh" your statement about not liking Hurricanes. I do understand that everyone has their opinion. But, the Hurricanes are "unsung heroes" that did a lot of "grunt work" for England during the Battle of Britain. I think that the Spitfire really was kind of a copy of the Hurricane. In addition. Elsie McGill was the first female Aeronautical Engineer in the world who built 1400 Hurricanes in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada during WWII...Just saying Eh!...

Comment

In other words, you're applying your own definition and your own needs and wants to what should be "new". That does not negate the fact that they have indeed released a lot of "new" product lately. If they don't release something in the 70mm or less size of EDF or 1200mm prop, then it's not "new". We all have our own definitions for these sorts of things. It all goes back to the old saying ................... You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time. It's tough being a seller in this hobby.
                      And what was the last totally new aircraft other than Black Horse? The last totally new EDF that wasn't a V2 or different color scheme was the ORIGINAL L-39, in war birds the Dora, civil the Dynam SR22, trainer, the XK series and sport, the XK VTOL. And while the latter three categories don't come out with new full size planes very often, there are plenty of war birds either not in production or never modeled on a mass production scale and even more EDFs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

And what was the last totally new aircraft other than Black Horse? The last totally new EDF that wasn't a V2 or different color scheme was the ORIGINAL L-39, in war birds the Dora, civil the Dynam SR22, trainer, the XK series and sport, the XK VTOL. And while the latter three categories don't come out with new full size planes very often, there are plenty of war birds either not in production or never modeled on a mass production scale and even more EDFs.
                        I won't continue to debate this point. When you make your own definitions (ie, write your own play book), it's difficult to lend credence to side. Each time you post up a reply, you add more criteria. By the time we get to the end of your play book, all the parameters have changed. I think this debate is best left for self argument. Have fun.

Comment

• Motion has been doing an outstanding job of expanding their overall product line. Their own line of Admiral brushless motors and the Zwave all metal retracts coming out. All the new Toss and Boss minis, both EDF and prop. The Black Horse wood models with more choices coming. It takes money, time and a lot of work to take on the rate of product line growth that Motion has been demonstrating.

Our good friend Alpha has been MIA on the Squawk for nearly a month now. Usually when that happens, there are a lot of new toys to be had fairly soon after. KUDOS MRC! No complaints here.

Comment

• Roger that! Needed a break for the VISA card!! Ha!

Comment

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!, No more new planes! I cannot keep up, Please have mercy on us AeroNuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                Motion has been doing an outstanding job of expanding their overall product line. Their own line of Admiral brushless motors and the Zwave all metal retracts coming out. All the new Toss and Boss minis, both EDF and prop. The Black Horse wood models with more choices coming. It takes money, time and a lot of work to take on the rate of product line growth that Motion has been demonstrating.

Our good friend Alpha has been MIA on the Squawk for nearly a month now. Usually when that happens, there are a lot of new toys to be had fairly soon after. KUDOS MRC! No complaints here.
                                Here, here! Raise your glasses Gentlemen.
                                I’m glad someone finally said it, and more tactful than I would have.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBolt View Post
                                  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!, No more new planes! I cannot keep up, Please have mercy on us AeroNuts.
                                  YEEEEEEEEEES, you can. Something called impulse-buy will power. Walk away from your computer and tinker with the planes you already have - the urge to buy will go away on its own. Or just resolve not to buy a new one until an old one is dead and buried.

But if you do - no one else to blame but yourself.

Comment

• If someone were to produce say, an 70mm-80mm Panther with retracts I'd be compelled to buy at least 2

Comment

• Yea, a panther would be nice, Buuut I just don't see any surprises from MRC, or Freewing. It's just not their nature, IMHO. Remember key word here, "Opinion". We're all entitled to em.

But for those of you who watch the Hobbyking Weekly Wrap, on Youtube, you might have noticed a brief clip of an EDF flying by, at the end of the episode with the caption, "NEXT WEEK". It just might have been a 90mm Panther. It might be any of a number of planes but I looked, and rerun it a lot. Little help here would be greatly appreciated.

I first thought F-86, but Hobbyking of late has been full of surprises, I gotta tell ya. I really like that a lot.

Best Regards
                                      Woodcock

You know, that thing just might be a Panther Jet, ?????. Hey Gil, do you know a little something I don't? Yea if it's a 90mm Panther not 2, but one for sure. My Goodness! I think that is a 90mm Panther or Cougar Jet in that Video!!!!! To be honest I was hoping for an A-7. But I take one of those Panthers or Cougars for sure. W

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                        You know, that thing just might be a Panther Jet, ?????. Hey Gil, do you know a little something I don't? Yea if it's a 90mm Panther not 2, but one for sure. W
                                        Which episode? Can't find it.

Comment

Which episode? Can't find it.
                                          Episode 26

Join HobbyKing host Eleanor as she looks at New Items, the Weekly Competition, and Community Projects. Crash Cash: http://bit.ly/CrashCashComp or upload phot...

Comment

Working...
                                          X