Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I'm going to Jet Jam however. Nall is a LONG way from Iowa.

Comment

• OK, now the OV-10 crowd should be satiated (https://www.motionrc.com/collections...nco-1800mm-arf) , how about a FOAMY XB-70 or SILVERPLATE?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
        OK, now the OV-10 crowd should be satiated (https://www.motionrc.com/collections...nco-1800mm-arf) , how about a FOAMY XB-70 or SILVERPLATE?
        Satiated for now but still want a SuperScale foamy;)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I am wondering what is coming next now that the balsa boys are happy and those that have wanted an updated 70mm F-35 now have that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
            I am wondering what is coming next now that the balsa boys are happy and those that have wanted an updated 70mm F-35 now have that.
            While I stated my preferences, I would be happy with a 64 mm, or 70 mm 4s classic jet, such as the F-100, or P80-/T-33. Just so long as it's actually NEW and not a current model in a different size or color. Unless it's a V2 of the 64 mm F9F in Navy Blue.

Comment

• Now, come on. I just KNOW every single one of you wants an XF-85 Goblin "Toss & Boss."

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

It would be the most accurate T&B EDF out there, since the real airplane didn't have landing gear.

:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                Now, come on. I just KNOW every single one of you wants an XF-85 Goblin "Toss & Boss."

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

It would be the most accurate T&B EDF out there, since the real airplane didn't have landing gear.

That is one GOOFY looking jet. I don't know how many would actually buy one, but I would 'cause I like goofy.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  That is one GOOFY looking jet. I don't know how many would actually buy one, but I would 'cause I like goofy.
                  The whole "parasite fighter" idea was rather goofy from the start, though the Goblin idea beat the living daylights out of another idea they had for a bomber to carry a fighter along for protection. They experimented with a wingtip-to-wingtip hookup. While the "trapeze" rig to pull a fighter into the bottom of the aircraft allowed the fighter pilot to open his cockpit and get out of the fighter plane during the ferry portion of the flight, the "Tip-Tow" system confined the fighter pilot to the cockpit for the duration. Additionally, it subjected the fighter pilot to the buffeting coming from the wingtip vortices of the immense bomber, darn near beating the poor guy senseless.

I imagine, too, it was quite the "white-knuckler" making that connection in flight, even with a "funnel" type fixture aiding the alignment.

Comment

• Yeah one guy lost the canopy trying to hook up to the trapeze system, im sure they didn't even get paid extra for that craziness.

Comment

• An 80mm Panther would probably sell.
                      I know I would have to have one.
                      ​​​​​​​A 1600 mm P 39 would be a good one too.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                        Yeah one guy lost the canopy trying to hook up to the trapeze system, im sure they didn't even get paid extra for that craziness.
                        Actually I think that flight test pilots got extra pay. But that's the Air Force. The Navy was launching and recovering planes in mid-air back in the 1930s:
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Akron

Comment

• Indeed you are correct there.

Comment

Now, come on. I just KNOW every single one of you wants an XF-85 Goblin "Toss & Boss."

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

That would be fun if I had somewhere to grip it! lol

Comment

That would be fun if I had somewhere to grip it! lol
                              With those winglets, you could do a real wicked discus throw.

Comment

I am wondering what is coming next now that the balsa boys are happy and those that have wanted an updated 70mm F-35 now have that.
                                B2 Stealth Bomber to go along with the F22 & F35. What a gaggle that would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Actually I think that flight test pilots got extra pay. But that's the Air Force. The Navy was launching and recovering planes in mid-air back in the 1930s:
                                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Akron

Granted, the relative speeds of the planes and the Akron, plus the difference in the turbulence coming off the aircraft, changed the difficulty level immensely, I'm sure.

I don't think I'd want to try airborne recovery in either case, but if I had to, I'd go with a biplane hooking up with a blimp.

Comment

Granted, the relative speeds of the planes and the Akron, plus the difference in the turbulence coming off the aircraft, changed the difficulty level immensely, I'm sure.

I don't think I'd want to try airborne recovery in either case, but if I had to, I'd go with a biplane hooking up with a blimp.
                                    From a certain POV they're both the same. The Sparrowhawk could travel twice as fast as the Akron, and the Goblin could travel twice as fast as the plane it was intended for, the B-36. But here's something
                                    to think about. They never tested the Goblin with a B-36, only with a B-29 which is about half the size of a B36:
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	C-47-B-17-B-29-B-36.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	194773

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      With those winglets, you could do a real wicked discus throw.
                                      Good point! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffS69 View Post

B2 Stealth Bomber to go along with the F22 & F35. What a gaggle that would be.
                                        Now that would be epic!

Comment

• Yeah, the Peacemaker was massive. We have one of the few remaining Peacemakers at the Pima Air and Space Museum here in Tucson. It's quite impressive to walk around and under.

My Dad worked on them when he was in the USAF, and one of my supervisors back in California had been aircrew on them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X