X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
    What do I need to do to get either Freewing or FMS to make a 90mm F-100 Super Sabre...........? I know you are reading these post. Every time I bring this up in a group of rc pilots they drool. I bet it would be one of the most popular jets either have produced. Just as successful as the Freewing ME 262, which was one of their most popular releases.....it is a rare bird in the rc world. Only one I know is made by Century Jets and it’s a turbine version...ok I’m done begging.??
    FlyFly makes a 90 mm, but good luck finding it. RBC makes a 70 mm, but you like them big.: https://shop.rc-electric-jets.com/RB...it-RBC6029.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

FlyFly makes a 90 mm, but good luck finding it. RBC makes a 70 mm, but you like them big.: https://shop.rc-electric-jets.com/RB...it-RBC6029.htm
      Thanks Val, I found a FlyFly new in box on eBay, now I am trying to talk him into shipping it instead of local pick up. Don’t want to do a 700 mile round trip for a 200$ kit.

Comment

• Stumbled across the FlightLine Fw-190D-9 on the Motion website. I’d prefer a significantly larger one with retracts and flaps, but this one will scratch the Dora itch for a while. Preorder complete.

I’m hoping that if this one sells well that Alpha will have FlightLine upscale it. Would love a Dora in the 1.6m!!
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

• Thanks for your support, Oxotnik! I certainly hope the Dora sells well enough to warrant something larger. As we often bring up with each "pocket plane" release, with rarer birds it's necessary that we start small to gauge interest in the subject, before biting the bullet for a quarter million investment on a bigger bird. There will always be those that say a subject like the Bearcat or Ta-152 would have sold more if we started with a 1.6m or 1.8m or 2.0m, but frequent risks like that simply aren't in the cards considering market realities. The beauty of the pocket warbird and parkjet series is that we can gauge market interest for a subject in general, then make the judgement call for upsizing. Sometimes, we take the plunge (which is why we led with the 1.6m Corsair rather than starting it smaller), but for the most part I prefer to use the smaller, cheaper planes to bring less produced models to the market. The P.15, La-7, Ta-152, F-8, F-105, and now Dora are all models that fall into this "exploratory" category.

As far as the Hunter is concerned, I personally love both it and the Hun. So there's hope.

Eventually.

Maybe.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, it's always good to get some insight and perspective from you, and you're very consistent and straight-shooting. I, for one, greatly appreciate that. I bit on the Ta-152 and P.15. The La-7 has never tripped my trigger historically or aesthetically. I'll probably get the Thud someday. I enjoy large and small RC models, but when going to the field, I plan for the 'big' planes and stuff the smaller ones in the space that's left. When travelling by car, I'll often toss a 'small' plane or two in the Tahoe, so that I can sneak in some evening flying in the hotel parking lot. My passion right now, though, is in the 1.6m - 1.8m class.

[edit] Oh, and when you bring in the Black Horse Do-335. I'll be your first customer. Promise! :)
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
              Since MRC has XK helicopters, will you start carrying their drones as well?
              I don't know, Valk. Should we? They've got so many. Whenever I go to the factory showroom it's like Christmas. Frankly I wouldn't know where to start, so I'm open to input. So many are EOL, although I recognize there may be interest in some of the others.

Comment

• Hey Alpha great hear from you. Thanks for keeping my hopes alive on the Hun. I hope I can get that FlyFly kit from the guy on eBay and stuff it with all the new components on the market. Think the Freewing 8 cell power setup would work well as well as a set of FW retracts. I scraped the lipo article. Just couldn’t write a piece that made me happy. Keep those new planes coming. Thanks again for your input.

Comment

Thanks Val, I found a FlyFly new in box on eBay, now I am trying to talk him into shipping it instead of local pick up. Don’t want to do a 700 mile round trip for a 200$ kit.
                  Where is the seller located? If the seller won't ship, perhaps someone here on Hobbysquawk can pick it up for you and ship it. Seems like a pretty decent network of folks here.

Comment

• Alpha..."Explore" the T-33 or F-100...would be great edfs!

Comment

Hey Alpha great hear from you. Thanks for keeping my hopes alive on the Hun. I hope I can get that FlyFly kit from the guy on eBay and stuff it with all the new components on the market. Think the Freewing 8 cell power setup would work well as well as a set of FW retracts. I scraped the lipo article. Just couldn’t write a piece that made me happy. Keep those new planes coming. Thanks again for your input.
                      Howdy my friend, I ran my FlyFly years ago on a Wemo 8s midi with HET 1480kv because the 1600kv was too hot. Freewing's 90mm 8s would be a rocket. I'd actually go the other way and do an 80mm inrunner with scale ducts. If you do overpower it, be wary of banking and cranking... the hunter's wings aren't the thickest and the h-stab doesn't like crazy Gs with the stock control setup... ask me how I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Howdy my friend, I ran my FlyFly years ago on a Wemo 8s midi with HET 1480kv because the 1600kv was too hot. Freewing's 90mm 8s would be a rocket. I'd actually go the other way and do an 80mm inrunner with scale ducts. If you do overpower it, be wary of banking and cranking... the hunter's wings aren't the thickest and the h-stab doesn't like crazy Gs with the stock control setup... ask me how I know.
                        I would be crazy not take your advice. 80mm it is. Plus you just saved me some dough! Thanks. Funny I to have folded a couple of Hobby Top Gun L-39 wings......

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

Where is the seller located? If the seller won't ship, perhaps someone here on Hobbysquawk can pick it up for you and ship it. Seems like a pretty decent network of folks here.
                          Thanks Hoom, I just talked to the seller and he is willing to ship it so I have a Hun on the way. Seller is in the L.A. area and I am up in Northern Cal so shipping didn’t kill me.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	images.png
Views:	516
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	196872 T-37 would be sweet.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	images.png
Views:	516
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	196872 T-37 would be sweet.

Mike
                              A-37, sweeter! Click image for larger version

Name:	4D0336C4-636A-447F-9A93-6F6122D48CC1.jpeg
Views:	540
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	196885

Comment

• I think, if someone would make the T-37/A-37, the beauty would be, it could be built up as either. Give it the white paint scheme, sans the ordinance mounting pylons, and you have the Tweetybird. Paint it camo and add the ordinance, you have the Dragonfly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                  I think, if someone would make the T-37/A-37, the beauty would be, it could be built up as either. Give it the white paint scheme, sans the ordinance mounting pylons, and you have the Tweetybird. Paint it camo and add the ordinance, you have the Dragonfly.
                                  Great minds think alike...

Comment

Thanks for your support, Oxotnik! I certainly hope the Dora sells well enough to warrant something larger. As we often bring up with each "pocket plane" release, with rarer birds it's necessary that we start small to gauge interest in the subject, before biting the bullet for a quarter million investment on a bigger bird. There will always be those that say a subject like the Bearcat or Ta-152 would have sold more if we started with a 1.6m or 1.8m or 2.0m, but frequent risks like that simply aren't in the cards considering market realities. The beauty of the pocket warbird and parkjet series is that we can gauge market interest for a subject in general, then make the judgement call for upsizing. Sometimes, we take the plunge (which is why we led with the 1.6m Corsair rather than starting it smaller), but for the most part I prefer to use the smaller, cheaper planes to bring less produced models to the market. The P.15, La-7, Ta-152, F-8, F-105, and now Dora are all models that fall into this "exploratory" category.

As far as the Hunter is concerned, I personally love both it and the Hun. So there's hope.

Eventually.

Maybe.
                                    Size is not much of deterrent for me but no landing gear is. I usually fly at a wide open lot with rocky dirt with light grass surrounded by streets that I use as my runway. So landing a plane with no gear on either would tear it up. Besides I have had enough bad experiences with hand launching that I just avoid it all together. I have a Dynam Hawksky that I use as my warm up plane and I have only ever hand launched a few times. But even though the wire wheels are flimsy and I can only steer it with the rudder when it picks up speed it does a good enough job for me and it really does not bother me. So at the very least a plane has to have fixed wire gear for me to consider it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

Size is not much of deterrent for me but no landing gear is. I usually fly at a wide open lot with rocky dirt with light grass surrounded by streets that I use as my runway. So landing a plane with no gear on either would tear it up. Besides I have had enough bad experiences with hand launching that I just avoid it all together. I have a Dynam Hawksky that I use as my warm up plane and I have only ever hand launched a few times. But even though the wire wheels are flimsy and I can only steer it with the rudder when it picks up speed it does a good enough job for me and it really does not bother me. So at the very least a plane has to have fixed wire gear for me to consider it.
                                      And I’m just the opposite. Small warbirds that have flimsy fixed gear is repugnant to me. I rip that gear off and hand-launch, belly-land them.
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• The Tweety, nice choice. I crawled all over one baking in the sun at a museum in Vietnam. Sad state but a very unique aircraft. Can you say FOD?

Thanks for everyone's feedback on prospective releases, and actual releases. I'm really grateful that the community here can engage in polite discourse of opposite preferences with respectful disagreement without having to resort to toxic negativity. :Cool:

Comment

The Tweety, nice choice. I crawled all over one baking in the sun at a museum in Vietnam. Sad state but a very unique aircraft. Can you say FOD?

Thanks for everyone's feedback on prospective releases, and actual releases. I'm really grateful that the community here can engage in polite discourse of opposite preferences with respectful disagreement without having to resort to toxic negativity. :Cool:
                                          But, but, anyone who doesn't want the airplane I want is just a doody-head! :P

Comment

Working...
                                          X