Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL Nothing but high brow, first class name calling here!!! ;):P Have a great day all!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      LOL Nothing but high brow, first class name calling here!!! ;):P Have a great day all!!!
      Gotta have fun with it. Too much maturity, and people are likely to think we're uptight and stuffy. :Silly:

Comment

• Coming soon to MRC, Iran's latest and most advanced fighter yet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	camel1.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	197058

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
          Coming soon to MRC, Iran's latest and most advanced fighter yet:

Click image for larger version  Name:	camel1.jpg Views:	9 Size:	83.6 KB ID:	197058
          If MRC doesn't make one, Flite Test probably will! :D

From Dromedary Air Industries (or was that Drama Derriere?)

Comment

Coming soon to MRC, Iran's latest and most advanced fighter yet:

Name:	camel1.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	197058
            Hope it has SAFE mode and working retracts...

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

And I’m just the opposite. Small warbirds that have flimsy fixed gear is repugnant to me. I rip that gear off and hand-launch, belly-land them.
              Well if you have a decent place to belly land with minimal scuffs then I see no problem with it. But I am not going to risk jacking up my airplane landing at some rough terrain just because the gear does not look right or it is only available with out gear. If it did bother me that much I would personally not even buy it in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

Size is not much of deterrent for me but no landing gear is. I usually fly at a wide open lot with rocky dirt with light grass surrounded by streets that I use as my runway. So landing a plane with no gear on either would tear it up. Besides I have had enough bad experiences with hand launching that I just avoid it all together. I have a Dynam Hawksky that I use as my warm up plane and I have only ever hand launched a few times. But even though the wire wheels are flimsy and I can only steer it with the rudder when it picks up speed it does a good enough job for me and it really does not bother me. So at the very least a plane has to have fixed wire gear for me to consider it.
                Have you looked at the SkyAngel 50 mm series? Several come with a landing gear option or can be modified for it. The only downside is that the ones with landing gear do not have steerable nose gear or rudders.
                But from personal experience, the T-45 can handle a rough runway. The one at my airfield was bad until they resurfaced it a few years ago, but that was when I started.

Comment

• Hey Alpha, here's hoping you guys bring back some of the other Blackhorse giant scale offerings, like the Gilmore Red Lion and the Wyvern. By the way, will MRC be working with them on any new projects?

Comment

• Oops... wrong thread.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Avro CF100 Canuck.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	198716Click image for larger version

Name:	Canadair CT-133 Silver Star - Red Knight .jpg
Views:	624
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	198717
                      One of these two dubbed as a "Canuck Sport Jet".....

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Name:	Avro CF100 Canuck.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	198716Click image for larger version

Name:	Canadair CT-133 Silver Star - Red Knight .jpg
Views:	624
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	198717
                        One of these two dubbed as a "Canuck Sport Jet".....
                        Well, they're two different aircraft. The top one is a AVRO Canada CF-100, which I believe you're talking about. Also called "The Clunk" after a comment made by one of the test pilots during it's first flights, the way the B-52 is called "The BUFF". The lower is a Lockheed T-33.

Comment

Well, they're two different aircraft. The top one is a AVRO Canada CF-100, which I believe you're talking about. Also called "The Clunk" after a comment made by one of the test pilots during it's first flights, the way the B-52 is called "The BUFF". The lower is a Lockheed T-33.
                          Just one F on BUF:)

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Just one F on BUF:)
                            No it's two. When discussing it in proper company it's Big Ugly Fat Fellow. Though in the real name coined by aircrews, the second "F" represents a certain expletive which isn't supposed to be used here.:)

Comment

• I wonder what the clunk noise was? T33 such a cool aircraft. Think their comming out in a turbine model.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                                I wonder what the clunk noise was? T33 such a cool aircraft. Think their comming out in a turbine model.
                                Valkpilot once mentioned that the "Clunk" noise was the front landing gear clunking up into the aircraft fuselage. The CF100 was the only aircraft Canada ever made at the time that actually flew in service....Canada gave up building any more military planes after the 50's...

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Valkpilot once mentioned that the "Clunk" noise was the front landing gear clunking up into the aircraft fuselage. The CF100 was the only aircraft Canada ever made at the time that actually flew in service....Canada gave up building any more military planes after the 50's...
                                  Definitely not a cheap proposition at best, and if the plane turns out to not live up to the requirements, that's an awful lot of money spent for nothing.

Particularly when your neighbors to the south are determined to spend that money anyway, and you can just decide whether to buy some of the finished product after it's been proven to be worth the investment. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                                    I wonder what the clunk noise was? T33 such a cool aircraft. Think their comming out in a turbine model.
                                    It wasn't the T-33 that was called "The Clunk", it was the CF-100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

Definitely not a cheap proposition at best, and if the plane turns out to not live up to the requirements, that's an awful lot of money spent for nothing.

Particularly when your neighbors to the south are determined to spend that money anyway, and you can just decide whether to buy some of the finished product after it's been proven to be worth the investment. :Cool:
                                      Actually, it was the Arrow project that was the last hurrah for AVRO Canada. Canadian Prime Minister Diefenbaker not only cancelled the program for the RCAF, he ordered EVERYTHING involved in the program
                                      destroyed so that AVRO couldn't export it, including what may have been the first "supercruise" jet engine.

Comment

Actually, it was the Arrow project that was the last hurrah for AVRO Canada. Canadian Prime Minister Diefenbaker not only cancelled the program for the RCAF, he ordered EVERYTHING involved in the program
                                        destroyed so that AVRO couldn't export it, including what may have been the first "supercruise" jet engine.
                                        Any idea why Diefenbaker made that decision?

Comment

No it's two. When discussing it in proper company it's Big Ugly Fat Fellow. Though in the real name coined by aircrews, the second "F" represents a certain expletive which isn't supposed to be used here.:)
                                          Huh. According to a friend who crewed in one, there was no Fat in the title, just the "F word".;) But there may be more than one version. I guess there is also a saying that when the last B-1 bomber is flown to Davis-Monthan Air Base to retire, the crew will be flown home in a B-52.LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X