X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Dont built money pits that will suffer huge hits on the bottom line, build affordable stuff, I wanna see motion around a lot longer.
    100% agree. If ya spend too much, it hurts to much when you pancake one. I don't even like crashing my cheep planes.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      More planes, less politics!

I want to see a 3000mm B-36D with 6 a turnin' and 4 a burnin'! (Now would that be Freewing, or FlightLineRC? ;))

The "four burning" would be the hard part, unless the jets were just decoration.

Comment

• The EDFs on a 3 meter B-36 would be SMALL.
        They were added because on just 6 props the thing had trouble taking ff with full fuel and bomb load.
        The nature of e-powered models is to have 3X to 10X the power:weight vs the full scale... so just having dummy jet nacelles would be fine and help keep cost down. It would probably be fine (for scale performance) with the outboard props freewheeling with no motors.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
          The EDFs on a 3 meter B-36 would be SMALL.
          They were added because on just 6 props the thing had trouble taking ff with full fuel and bomb load.
          The nature of e-powered models is to have 3X to 10X the power:weight vs the full scale... so just having dummy jet nacelles would be fine and help keep cost down. It would probably be fine (for scale performance) with the outboard props freewheeling with no motors.
          Nice idea, but most wouldn't probably buy it because it wouldn't be truly authentic, and the other four motors would have to be more powerful to counter-act the drag.

Comment

• No, with 6 motors the model would have GOBS of power in reserve. Fake jet-pods would look excellent and would not cause a lot of drag. I have a scratch-built B36 (9 foot wingspan) powered by six 100-watt brushless motors (9x7 props). It weighs 4.5 pounds loaded up. During the maiden flight I lost two props on one side and it flew really well, in fact when the first one came off I couldn't tell any difference at all. When the second one came off I decided to land! I'm only mentioning it because it just points out how over-powered our models are, in general.

The maiden flight was taken before I finished it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K40m_GJLLMQ
            (please excuse me, this video has got some parts where the cameraman was drunk apparently)

A different example, just consider how grossly over-powered the MRC B-24 is.

A giant B-36 from MRC would be incredible.
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
              No, with 6 motors the model would have GOBS of power in reserve. Fake jet-pods would look excellent and would not cause a lot of drag. I have a scratch-built B36 (9 foot wingspan) powered by six 100-watt brushless motors (9x7 props). It weighs 4.5 pounds loaded up. During the maiden flight I lost two props on one side and it flew really well, in fact when the first one came off I couldn't tell any difference at all. When the second one came off I decided to land! I'm only mentioning it because it just points out how over-powered our models are, in general.

The maiden flight was taken before I finished it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K40m_GJLLMQ
              (please excuse me, this video has got some parts where the cameraman was drunk apparently)

A different example, just consider how grossly over-powered the MRC B-24 is.

A giant B-36 from MRC would be incredible.
              I was referring to the suggestion of only having four of the six props powered, with two "freewhelling". Faux jet pods wouldn't be any problem as I've seen a few multi-EDF planes where only two of the four are real.
              And, since they'd only be decoration, they could be optional if you wanted to make the A-C models.

Comment

• sweet flight,she flys GREAT ! A big bomber is on my short list, only room for 1 though...............
                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Dammit Jim I'm a computer technician, not an economist! BTW the plane in the picture. How difficult is it to fly? I was thinking about one of it's little brothers, but thought it would be hard to fly.
                  90mm Hobbyking SkySword. It’s a *****cat to fly, good envelope and pretty fast. Clocked mine at 119 on a downhill run.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                    That was very cool! She really doesn't need much runway once the wheels touch down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                      Still hoping for a twin 80 or 90 Mig 25 so I can put twin centerburners on it!
                      Im on Board with ya!

Comment

• Maybe make the engine pods with just one 70mm, it would make people would want the authentic jet and plane experience happy.

Comment

• Or a yb35, or yb47

Comment

• Id just be happy for any of those

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                                Maybe make the engine pods with just one 70mm, it would make people would want the authentic jet and plane experience happy.
                                To fit a 70 mm fan without grossly distorting the pod... you'd be looking at 4 meter + wingspan.

And there's why you don't want to play with EDFs on the B-36.
                                You either have tiny, useless EDFs, or one monster of a model.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Rifleman, you nailed it. A B-35 Wing would be WAY cool. Did you know the B-35 actually beat the B-36 in competition?? John K.Northrop was a genius. WAY ahead of his time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Dieter View Post
                                    Rifleman, you nailed it. A B-35 Wing would be WAY cool. Did you know the B-35 actually beat the B-36 in competition?? John K.Northrop was a genius. WAY ahead of his time.
                                    But the USAF chose the B-36 because it was more stable on bombing runs than either YB-35 or-49(jet version). It took forty years for computers and stabilization technology to produce the B-2 which has the same dimensions as the 35 and 49.

Comment

• 13 days until September 1st. The length of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Comment

• This is my top wish list that I stay in Alpha's ear about, hoping one day Freewing with our assistance will come out with:
                                        • 70mm Twin SR-71 Blackbird (Both SR-71 and D-21 versions)
                                        • 80mm Twin B-1 Bomber
                                        • 80mm Twin Concorde with functional nose
                                        • 80mm Twin F-117
                                        • 70mm Twin B-2 Bomber
                                        • 2000mm F4U Corsair/BF-109G/Mustang/Stuka/B-17/B-25/P-38, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc........
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey Valkpilot, go to YouTube and watch John Northrop’s final interview just before he passed away. It also interviews some of the test pilots of the B-35/B-49 series. They had the stability problem fairly well solved with a computer called “Little Herbert”. The Air Force also wanted the Wing and put out contracts for 250-plus airframes. Please watch the interview. It’s sad what happened and says something about the influence that can be used by some people. I love the B-35.

Comment

Working...
                                          X