Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just new colors is my guess. They are not new planes, if they were new planes there would have been a bigger announcement along with whatever the project name was.

Comment

• The red Avanti is the new color scheme I referred to in my last post in this thread. It is not a new plane - just a new scheme.

Comment

• I also believe "about a week later" is an announcement of a new plane that's apparently on the water with this Avanti? Yeah, I'm not excited about it or anything....

Comment

• I like the red paint scheme much better than the yellow version . So much so that I went ahead and pre-ordered
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Ordered that new red scheme Avanti....now makes me wonder what the next plane to be released is? Thinking it has to be something for the EU but its not project foil.... thinking project foil is a big surprise and something great like the A10 was... probably announced at Joe Nall in the Fall so i am singing it looks a lot like Christmas....

Comment

• I LOVE the new Avanti scheme... especially since it means my 'Peanut' scheme A-10 efforts won't be in vain... ;)

Comment

• As Robert P. Puts on the Santa Hat.....we all sing this together

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• thats cold
                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Alphas new "Peanut scheme" thinking release date is late October....,

Click image for larger version

Name:	flying_snoopy_t.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	149169

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
                      Alphas new "Peanut scheme" thinking release date is late October....,

Name:	flying_snoopy_t.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	149169
                      And, Germany counters with this. Achtung, Snoopy!

Name:	3ECAB0B1-CECC-453F-84C4-9A2F7D7C8697.jpeg
Views:	375
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	149177Click image for larger version

Name:	5556943D-A397-4B8A-A9A6-0CDD681E32FE.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	149178
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

• Waiting patiently for the warbird announcement, hopefully five is next, first day of Spring in down under tomorrow. Bring it on MRC

Comment

• Five eyes next please.

Comment

• A couple guesses for Foil have been discounted by Alpha on another thread:

It's not a Blackbird, sadly. Until black paint plays well with EPO foam, it's out of the question for us. And it's not a Foxbat, either, although that would be fun!

I recognize that this guessing game can be fun for some (such as those who asked for it) and not fun for others as time goes on. As I often say, our production calendar is always full and stretches years, so amid all the speculative fun don't get too hung up on waiting out any single Project. I must remind myself that this hobby we all love won't be reinvigorated by any single golden model or any rapid fire procession of a specific series. Rather, it will be reinvigorated only by each of us sharing the joy of flight with those around us, one new pilot at a time. So dust off that F-14, or click Buy on that FW Hawk or LX Blackbird or FMS Hornet, and go wow some new stranger at the local flying field.

And remember, the more we fly, the more we cra---I mean make space in the garage.
                            I'm still hoping for an 80mm or 90mm F-100 or F-22. I feel an announcement coming on. :)
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                              And, Germany counters with this. Achtung, Snoopy!

Name:	3ECAB0B1-CECC-453F-84C4-9A2F7D7C8697.jpeg
Views:	375
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	149177Click image for larger version

Name:	5556943D-A397-4B8A-A9A6-0CDD681E32FE.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	149178
                              sweet, I'd like to see some vid of that
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                                sweet, I'd like to see some vid of that
                                I’ve been beta testing the Der Rokit Stik. So far, it’s proven to not be a great flyer. I’m still struggling to find a good CG, where ‘Achtung, Snoopy’ won’t be too pitchy during boost while still having enough elevator authority to get the nose up, to flare for landing. I don’t any flight video yet. Dynasoarrocketry (www.dynasoarrocketry.com) has since modified this kit to a monowing design, which has much better flight characteristics.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E9156459-A3E1-4CC7-8930-7FAA3776CEBB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	154.7 KB ID:	149406

Here’s a video from a few weeks ago with sseveral rocket boost glider flights, including a Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser. https://youtu.be/Bszr1Qo5log
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

• Variable CG...

Use the ejection charge to telescope the fuselage and spent rocket motor cartridge back.
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                                    Variable CG...

Use the ejection charge to telescope the fuselage and spent rocket motor cartridge back.
                                    I fly Aerotech E6 motors (7-sec burn, 6N thrust (avg), no ejection charge). The initial thrust is 12N, then it drops down to 4N for the remainder of the burn. The initial motor mass is 53g, with 21.5g being consumable propellant. The aluminum motor casing is reloadable. The CG moves forward as the tail becomes 21.5g lighter.

CG management is a pretty tight balance for these delta-wing RBGs. It can’t be tail heavy for the boost, and it can’t be too nose heavy for the glide and landing. If it’s a little too nose heavy, then when the airspeed drops, and the nose can’t be raised above horizontal, making for a less-than-optimal landing. I’m having trouble finding that sweet spot for the CG on this bi-wing setup.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I am sure that Hoot is a Beechcraft Premier 1A Jet that Hoot Gibson flew at the Reno races.

Comment

Working...
                                        X