First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :Straight-Face:

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

It seems the Viper format is becoming the Piper Cub of the EDF market. Personally, I'd rather a new UMX jet to replace their "glass jawed" A-10.
      I enjoy the UMX A-10. Wish that HH would re-release the UMX MiG-15.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

Love the MIG..... Still have one flying!!

Comment

Did they fix the nose gear and fragile fuselage problem?

Comment

Did they fix the nose gear and fragile fuselage problem?
            No. I fly on a grass field, sans gear. I did add a couple CF rods to stiffen the nose. I've never had any trouble with the nose breaking. And the UMX A-10 is an absolute blast to fly. Easy to hand launch, easy to fly fast and to fly slow, and easy to belly land.
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

No. I fly on a grass field, sans gear. I did add a couple CF rods to stiffen the nose. I've never had any trouble with the nose breaking. And the UMX A-10 is an absolute blast to fly. Easy to hand launch, easy to fly fast and to fly slow, and easy to belly land.
              And there's the rub. I'm not good at hand launching, but do have a paved runway to fly from.

Comment

• I just got the UMX A-10 a few days ago. I wanted one when they first came out but all the negative reviews about the weak fuselage stopped me. But some recent reviews that said it was a fantastic flyer got me interested again.
                Anyway, they were right, very, very flimsy from wing forward. I was afraid it would break just removing the battery.
                I removed the velcro battery mount and used some 1/32" plywood slightly wider than the velcro and glued horizontally to the sides with very thin coat of 5 minute epoxy, then replaced velcro.
                At the front of the hatch opening I used two vertical strips of the plywood on each side with 1/4" square balsa stick glued between. Much more durable now.
                I got 7 flights on it and it does fly great, no gear belly landing on grass. I am very satisfied with it and would replace it.
                I'll post some pics of the mods later...
                :a10

Comment

And there's the rub. I'm not good at hand launching, but do have a paved runway to fly from.
                  The UMX-10 is an easy underhand launch. I hate the crappy piano wire struts on UMX planes and never install the landing gear.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

The UMX-10 is an easy underhand launch. I hate the crappy piano wire struts on UMX planes and never install the landing gear.
                    Actually, I tried the UMX A-10. Running up to take-off, it would nose-down, and on the final try, the nosegear went crazy and it jumped the berm on the runway and the nose shattered. If I do get another "Hog", it'll be a Dynam in desert cammo, because there's too much green around my airstrip.

Comment

• Stay tuned. We've been working very hard for a long time and many new planes are going to be released in the next 4-5 months. In addition to new planes, we have an additional color scheme for an existing plane we'll announce next week. After the new color scheme, the next new plane will be announced a week or so after that. Both of these are on the water already. We're in the process of capturing video and pictures. If everything lines up, we'll announce two more planes at Joe Nall in the Fall. If for some reason that does not line up, the announcement will hopefully be shortly after that. More coming after this but exact time frames are less clear. By the early part of next year, it will become clear how busy we have been behind the scenes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                        Stay tuned. We've been working very hard for a long time and many new planes are going to be released in the next 4-5 months. In addition to new planes, we have an additional color scheme for an existing plane we'll announce next week. After the new color scheme, the next new plane will be announced a week or so after that. Both of these are on the water already. We're in the process of capturing video and pictures. If everything lines up, we'll announce two more planes at Joe Nall in the Fall. If for some reason that does not line up, the announcement will hopefully be shortly after that. More coming after this but exact time frames are less clear. By the early part of next year, it will become clear how busy we have been behind the scenes.
                        Cool, but take it easy on my wallet..................................

Mike
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Stay tuned. We've been working very hard for a long time and many new planes are going to be released in the next 4-5 months. In addition to new planes, we have an additional color scheme for an existing plane we'll announce next week. After the new color scheme, the next new plane will be announced a week or so after that. Both of these are on the water already. We're in the process of capturing video and pictures. If everything lines up, we'll announce two more planes at Joe Nall in the Fall. If for some reason that does not line up, the announcement will hopefully be shortly after that. More coming after this but exact time frames are less clear. By the early part of next year, it will become clear how busy we have been behind the scenes.
                          Thanks for the information Tom. Very exciting for sure. I know you are all working hard.

Comment

Excellent news Tom! I’m looking forward to it.

Comment

So September was a good guess. Too bad I can't get this to work on the lottery, or I'd have more planes. Hopefully, one of the new color schemes will be the IJAA colors for the P15, like the one on Alpha's desk. Too much green where I fly.

Comment

United States, CA, Lomita
                                Joined Jun 2002
                                3,365 Posts
                                Hoping for the best, die like the rest!

Comment

• Yes indeed, there are very cool aircraft coming, so save your pennies guys! GET SOME!!!!

Motion RC - "Lots of fun for everyone!!!"

Comment

• Happy, Happy Joy, Joy. Hoping new scheme is for the Avanti....... Would love an ARF+ in Red with Black checkers and a yellow stripe on the fuselage... :Cool: :)

Oh yea, replace the 12 blade and put the 9 blade in from the A10 or Mirage. More efficient and no sound loss...

Comment

• So what I need to know is, did I guess correctly and is Foil coming to my house for testing!! :Thinking: Because I am available for testing! You can call me "Captain Muddy" LOL (why yes actually, I am an instructor at my club and I have flown practically everything)
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Intrigued by the new scheme. I'd imagine something like a blue angel scheme for the A4, maybe a desert camo for the F15 or A-10, or possibly a marine or blue angel scheme for the F4?

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                          Intrigued by the new scheme. I'd imagine something like a blue angel scheme for the A4, maybe a desert camo for the F15 or A-10, or possibly a marine or blue angel scheme for the F4?
                                          Just as long as it's NOT the "Peanut" scheme for the A-10, after I've been going through all the trouble of doing it myself... :Sweating: :a10

Comment

Working...
                                          X