Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm partial to the E, but that does look great.

Comment

• I would really like to see Flightline produce a larger 1600mm Seafury. I love the 1200mm version. Flies great but I need something to go alongside my 1600mm Spitfire. I’m sure these would fly out of the shop. (No pun intended😂)

Comment

• Can u feel an earthquake in the southern hemisphere. Gee we r excited. Ye ye. Just a big bad meatball will do. R we just too old. Naa. My 25 y old son loves ww2 history 2. I'm proud of this gen 4 that

Comment

• large zero please!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
            I promise I'm gonna stop... but come on... look at it... I know those gear are scary... but don't fight it... just let it happen

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4427.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	272688
            I too agree!! i 1600mm bf-109 would be fantastic!!!! sure they can be a little scary on takeoff and landing but it just makes you a better pilot. Besides with the gyros out now they can take the squirreliness out of them. In fact the sale of the Admiral receivers would probably increase so it would be a win win Motion LOL Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
              large zero please!!!!
              I would love a 1600mm Zero too!!

Comment

• I'll throw another in the ring......get a F-100 80 or 90mm EDF jet out the door. Sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                  I'll throw another in the ring......get a F-100 80 or 90mm EDF jet out the door. Sooner than later.
                  The Flex Innovations 90mm just got released. What Alpha mentioned on an earlier stream regarding the hobbyking Herc might apply here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

The Flex Innovations 90mm just got released. What Alpha mentioned on an earlier stream regarding the hobbyking Herc might apply here.
                    Your thoughts mimic mine , but I had to push Alpha's buttons to give a nudge...nudge. Freewing would likely knock that jet out of the park.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Your thoughts mimic mine , but I had to push Alpha's buttons to give a nudge...nudge. Freewing would likely knock that jet out of the park.
                      I've gotten off the fence on the Flex F-100 and won't get it. The QC issues of the ones delivered so far don't make it a good value for the big bucks they charge for it. Besides, those Flex/Aura fanbois over at the other forum pushed the thing just hard enough and obnoxiously enough, that it was easy to pushed me away. Their stupidity lost a sale for Flex.
                      If Freewing made one, I would certainly look at it with great enthusiasm. And you know it'll blow the flaps off the Flex offering.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        I've gotten off the fence on the Flex F-100 and won't get it. The QC issues of the ones delivered so far don't make it a good value for the big bucks they charge for it. Besides, those Flex/Aura fanbois over at the other forum pushed the thing just hard enough and obnoxiously enough, that it was easy to pushed me away. Their stupidity lost a sale for Flex.
                        If Freewing made one, I would certainly look at it with great enthusiasm. And you know it'll blow the flaps off the Flex offering.
                        I definitely understand. There are only a few manufacturers/factories of PNP foam EDF jets I prefer and trust at the moment, and that jet likely isn't made by one of them (not that other manufacturers and brands are "bad", it's simply that I find more value in products offered by specific ones over years of product ownership). Hopefully I can add more trusted manufacturers and brands to that list in the future. I had some thoughts of what manufacturer could have produced that jet or the parts found on it, and it made me weary. I don't own the jet, so I can't speak from experience. However, when I purchase a product, especially one that gets airborne, I need to have confidence that what I'm laying money down for will meet my expectations.

If Freewing made a F-100 in a 80 or 90mm EDF size, I'd feel more comfortable purchasing it at the moment, and that's just the way it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                          I promise I'm gonna stop... but come on... look at it... I know those gear are scary... but don't fight it... just let it happen

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4427.jpg Views:	124 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	272688
                          if so, make sure the main gear stagger when transitioning from deployed/stowed etc

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            Interesting, I saw a couple of complaints on finish but no ,more than usual.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Alpha As I am listening to your podcast from 9/8 (last night) I evidently missed your question about preferences about reducing the number of panel lines on future aircraft. I don't know if my late vote counts, but as I look at my Phantom as an example, the panel lines certainly add to the overall and that airframe would be greatly diminished without panel lines. My F-18C has fewer it seems to me and I wish it had more. The A-10 looks great as does my Spitfire, so I say the same amount or more. I have used 1/32nd and 1/64th drafting tape before my final prime coats on my balsa and fiberglass models of the past, but that is because those had few or none to start. Panel lines on your foam airframes is one of the things I like as it saves me from adding those myself and are great reference points for repaint markings. Am I lazy, maybe, but that level of detail is something I have come to expect in models of this caliber. Respectfully, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I agree lb. Just got the mig 17 no panel lines. To look at my f4u and then avious mig. Is a no brainier. Panel lines make it .... I can't imagine the hours to make a plane look like that

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                  I can't imagine the hours to make a plane look like that
                                  Ive been adding panel lines on my my newest project, and I can say that I am pushing 40 hours adding all of the details with a bit more to go. Very worth it!

I enjoy the panel lines on the foam models as it adds to the overall look and depth of the model. as much as I enjoyed my plain Phase3 EF-16 with it's full flying tail, it doesnt compare in the beauty department as the FW 70mm even though it had foam-hinged elevators..

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                    I agree lb. Just got the mig 17 no panel lines. To look at my f4u and then avious mig. Is a no brainier. Panel lines make it .... I can't imagine the hours to make a plane look like that
                                    And Dirty Dee, I am glad to see some others who are in this camp, though from a Mfg POV, I see merit in cost elimination and complexity. In the end, I will add those lines and panels that are prominent as in days past, but my Phantom, A-10, and Spitfire would appear much differently without OEM lines. I did notice there are fewer on the Hornet. The 'scale repaint contingent' seem to favor the detail it adds, and equally I am sure many out there don't see that level of detail as a factor in their purchasing decisions. I would not know the difference until I bought one with fewer or none and then took the time to compare it to other Freewing/Flightline models. My thought would be 'cost savings'. If no panel lines were on any future models, I would hope a decent manufacturer's 5-view of their airframe would be included with panel lines shown with dimensions say from datum or thrust line to give us place to start. Time will tell and pencil lines are okay and are more accurate, but I like to see 'em or some facsimile. Best to all, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Ive been adding panel lines on my my newest project, and I can say that I am pushing 40 hours adding all of the details with a bit more to go. Very worth it!

I enjoy the panel lines on the foam models as it adds to the overall look and depth of the model. as much as I enjoyed my plain Phase3 EF-16 with it's full flying tail, it doesnt compare in the beauty department as the FW 70mm even though it had foam-hinged elevators..
                                      Is it the perspective of the second shot, or did you design it with only one exhaust outlet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post

Is it the perspective of the second shot, or did you design it with only one exhaust outlet?
                                        I modeled the A variant, not the C.

Comment

I modeled the A variant, not the C.
                                          Ah, I forgot about the A model. I flew in the C.

Comment

Working...
                                          X