You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on MRC, hurry up and announce the new 70mm sport jet before I cave and buy the Eflite Viper! :Sweating:

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
      Come on MRC, hurry up and announce the new 70mm sport jet before I cave and buy the Eflite Viper! :Sweating:
      I know its confirmed that the next EDF will be a 70mm but I have not heard anything about it being a sport jet. I am hoping for some sort of military jet that never has been done before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I know its confirmed that the next EDF will be a 70mm but I have not heard anything about it being a sport jet. I am hoping for some sort of military jet that never has been done before.
        Where was it confirmed the next would be a 70? Either way, I do agree it will be since two 90s and one 80 have been released since the last 70. However, I'm not saying that it will be the next one but I did get Alpha to confirm they are currently working on a 70mm sport jet. So, I know I will get my wish eventually, just don't know when.

Comment

Where was it confirmed the next would be a 70? Either way, I do agree it will be since two 90s and one 80 have been released since the last 70. However, I'm not saying that it will be the next one but I did get Alpha to confirm they are currently working on a 70mm sport jet. So, I know I will get my wish eventually, just don't know when.
          Sorry I went back looking for it but just found the discussion with Alpha about how they can only do so many EDF in a particular category a year. So we are due for a new 70mm since the last jets have been two 90mm and one 80mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            Yeah I remember that one years back. I almost pulled the trigger on it. That would be a fun one especially with the Freewing/Motion RC touch! :Cool:
            There's one of those old U-2s at our field. Absolutely under whelming.:Yawn:

Comment

• I like to see a super hornet with grass-field ready landing gear that looks scale. A functional tail hook would be pretty fun too. (as long as it didnt rip the plane's tail off!)

I always loved the big Yellow Aircraft F-18 twin. I would love to see a big f-18 twin fan, but it seems most folk dont want twins.....why is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by ben1272 View Post
                I like to see a super hornet with grass-field ready landing gear that looks scale. A functional tail hook would be pretty fun too. (as long as it didnt rip the plane's tail off!)

I always loved the big Yellow Aircraft F-18 twin. I would love to see a big f-18 twin fan, but it seems most folk dont want twins.....why is this?
                ...twice as many things can go wrong?

Comment

That being said, I'm hoping for either some more 64 mm OR an upgraded version of the Nice Sky XB-70 with a better 70 mm and better landing gear.

Comment

• For the F100 fans.

Comment

• My buddy John would lose his mind in a good way if MRC released an F-100!

I am encouraged by the talk of the next one being a 70mm. While I have been chewing through the L-39 thread and watching the bideos since that one has been released, my freshly maidened BAe Hawk needs a brother 70mm brother first.

GB

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                        My buddy John would lose his mind in a good way if MRC released an F-100!

I am encouraged by the talk of the next one being a 70mm. While I have been chewing through the L-39 thread and watching the bideos since that one has been released, my freshly maidened BAe Hawk needs a brother 70mm brother first.

GB
                        Well since you got the trainer, how about a Hawker Hunter or English Electric Lightning, with a faux over-and-under tailpipe?

Comment

• Well actually, the next one due is the 105 mm EDF on 12S since it hasn't been released yet. That makes it WAY overdue!

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                            Well actually, the next one due is the 105 mm EDF on 12S since it hasn't been released yet. That makes it WAY overdue!
                            I believe one of the MRC folks said they weren't going there because it wasn't financially feasible for them, especially since HSD and other companies make them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I believe one of the MRC folks said they weren't going there because it wasn't financially feasible for them, especially since HSD and other companies make them.
                              I think MRC should start selling and supporting HSD jets. They are really good quality but don't have a good presence in the U.S., only in Asia...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post

I think MRC should start selling and supporting HSD jets. They are really good quality but don't have a good presence in the U.S., only in Asia...
                                I agree with that 100%. Ya know HSD has been selling Viper Jets way longer than Horizon. I actually have a 75mm HSD Viper that will out run, and out fly an E-flight Viper with it's fixed gear. Additionally an HSD Viper is built, (my opinion) 300% better! If you choose HSD's 90mm Viper Pro, there is quite literally no comparison, with the 90mm HSD being head and shoulders above the E-flight in virtually every single category, except for the safe function. BUT, if you put an Admiral Receiver with stability in it, waalaa, you have the exact same thing as their safe.

I think HSD models would be an excellent addition to the Motion family. But alas it always is of a political nature, and HSD might not do it.

Best Regards
                                Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

I agree with that 100%. Ya know HSD has been selling Viper Jets way longer than Horizon. I actually have a 75mm HSD Viper that will out run, and out fly an E-flight Viper with it's fixed gear. Additionally an HSD Viper is built, (my opinion) 300% better! If you choose HSD's 90mm Viper Pro, there is quite literally no comparison, with the 90mm HSD being head and shoulders above the E-flight in virtually every single category, except for the safe function. BUT, if you put an Admiral Receiver with stability in it, waalaa, you have the exact same thing as their safe.

I think HSD models would be an excellent addition to the Motion family. But alas it always is of a political nature, and HSD might not do it.

Best Regards
                                  Woody
                                  But Woody, you're in a unique situation. Being in SoCal, you can go to one of the competitors to get your HSD fix. And I think that in the future, many of the manufacturers will open their own sites like HSD and FMS have done, due to political reasons.

Comment

• I asked about HSD about a year ago and if I recall correctly it had to do with volume...HSD is a very small manufacturer so we wouldn't be able to have a sustainable relationship based on their production limitations. That could change but I believe that was the jist of it. I loved my HSD 105mm F-16s! Just don't have the adequate open space for it.

:Angry:
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Best Regards
                                      Woody
                                      90mm vs 70mm is not a fair comparison in my opinion.
                                      As for the 75mm, we had one and it was not great, not even close. Terrible designed nose wheel and the stock power system would not get it off a grass field. Not to mention, it is a big edf with fixed gear! :Loser:

The FMS Viper is way beyond the HSD 75mm in my opinion.

Comment

90mm vs 70mm is not a fair comparison in my opinion.
                                        As for the 75mm, we had one and it was not great, not even close. Terrible designed nose wheel and the stock power system would not get it off a grass field. Not to mention, it is a big edf with fixed gear! :Loser:

The FMS Viper is way beyond the HSD 75mm in my opinion.
                                        Well let's just agree to respectfully disagree : ). But in the spirit of our polite disagreement, I'll say this, when I'm in the air the same times as some of the the E-flight ones at my Club. I always jump on them like a dog on a bone! Fixed gear and all. You must have got a crappy one, as I'm on my second and it's one of my very favorite aircraft. The HSD 75mm is a significantly smaller air frame, with a significantly bigger drive train. It's doesn't have retracts, or that pretty canopy, but it's fit and finish is second to none. You won't find any unpainted bare foam on my HSD. If ya can't stand the fixed gear, heck take them off and hand launch, (Alpha actually taught me that LOL). I've never minded the fixed gear one bit! This was my first EDF after getting back into the hobby, and Pete himself help me learn how to set it up and fly it : ). It's not good, it's spectacular & I love it. I think the landing gear is great, point me at that grass field! Meet me and I'll make a believer out of you too James!

So in the interest of our respectful disagreement, you stated your case, here's mine. But I stand by this plane 150%.

Best Regards
                                        Woody

PS, I'd like to see a Freewing C-130! So I wont have to consider purchasing a HK one. An S-3 Viking would be awesome. Anything but another single engine war bird. I love war birds, (grew up with them). Just tired of seeing the same thing over, and over, and over, etc.

Comment

Well let's just agree to respectfully disagree : ). But in the spirit of our polite disagreement, I'll say this, when I'm in the air the same times as some of the the E-flight ones at my Club. I always jump on them like a dog on a bone! Fixed gear and all. You must have got a crappy one, as I'm on my second and it's one of my very favorite aircraft. The HSD 75mm is a significantly smaller air frame, with a significantly bigger drive train. It's doesn't have retracts, or that pretty canopy, but it's fit and finish is second to none. You won't find any unpainted bare foam on my HSD. If ya can't stand the fixed gear, heck take them off and hand launch, (Alpha actually taught me that LOL). I've never minded the fixed gear one bit! This was my first EDF after getting back into the hobby, and Pete himself help me learn how to set it up and fly it : ). It's not good, it's spectacular & I love it. I think the landing gear is great, point me at that grass field! Meet me and I'll make a believer out of you too James!

So in the interest of our respectful disagreement, you stated your case, here's mine. But I stand by this plane 150%.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

PS, I'd like to see a Freewing C-130! So I wont have to consider purchasing a HK one. An S-3 Viking would be awesome. Anything but another single engine war bird. I love war birds, (grew up with them). Just tired of seeing the same thing over, and over, and over, etc.
                                          Happy to respectfully agree to disagree. As for airframe size, they are pretty close with identical wingspan and the FMS being 55mm longer, definitely not what I would consider to be a "significantly smaller airframe." Perhaps we did just get a bad one, who knows. But, ironically enough, we have removed the gear and are going to try to hand toss it next trip.

As for the 90mm, I love sport jets and have wanted to try the HSD 90mm Viper for quite some time but haven't grabbed one yet. Every time I seem to be ready to get one, something like the F22 comes out and I jump on it instead. Hopefully sometime this spring though!

Comment

Working...
                                          X