X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MotionJB View Post

Again, don't get caught up in just one release...Jet Jam should be fun, NEFI could be fun, Nall in the Fall could be fun, random days in June, July, August, September, October, November and December could also be fun...
    I cant stand behind this and I never will be able to given my personal geographical location. I cant afford to buy every release and the guessing game does get old. Like I said there is a such a small window here. Other places people can fly damn near all year. Here in WI I can realistically fly comfortably three months a year. It does burn my rear end when I know something is coming and soemtimes feel baited into getting something else and then I cant get something that I have been waiting for. So this prospect of the f-100 has me sitting on cash for something that may or may not come if that makes sense. I hold no ill will or anything but to those in this spot its rough and border line not cool. It is just a plane I get that but when every dollar is set aside and slotted for something it gets kind of old.

I am less likely to buy something july or august because of my limited flight window. I hope this makes sense and does not come off like some ass hat thing to say because that's not my intention. I also get most of this is marketing hype to drum up excitement and business. But to someone like me I am less likely to buy something if I feel I am being worked over in this sense. I dont like to feel like I am part of a machine or just a wallet. I get enough of this in the Pinball hobby where companies jerk me around for a 15k machine. I know lots of you dont think like me and thats cool we are all different and have different funds and lifestyles. But to me please just rip the bandaid off so I can decide to hold on or just spend my money elsewhere on something else. Especially given the limited nature of the first shipment and the likely fact I might not even get to fly said bird this season which makes purchase less likely at any point.
    AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx
      I feel it, but not in the same way. Mine is actual funding. If I'm waiting on something I'm saving for and turns out not what I thought, it becomes a waste of time I could have picked up things for my other planes, or a different plane I've been wanting, but then wanting to wait and see on something I may or may not give a damn about.
      Same by the time I find out it will likely be to late and then Motion wont get any of the money I had saved because now its to late in the season to spend 500 bucks on anything. That sucks for both me and Motion. Social Media has become the bane of all my hobbies because people are holding out and waiting on basically red carpet events to unvail and I just dont have the time for that sort of mentality. When the hype machine gets so big it shoots the intended purpose in the foot. Again not just this hobby for me but several high end hobbies.

It sucks the nall got cancelled but if this was to be unveiled there I think it should have been done in the hanger in true hobby fashion not some hollywood premiere where cameras and everything has to be just perfect or its a no go. I dont want Motion to turn into something like Fligh Test where it looses that next door hobby feeling in favor of some Tower Hobbies type global mega cant get out of its way thing. I am happy they are making it big but I can't help but feel its at the expense of what they started out as. Truly the people next door.
      AMA 1102566

Comment

I agree to a point,I took the week off to fo to Nall.
        was very disappointed it was rained out(Im sure like everyone)but dont tell me we were going to release the next big thing at Nall but now that it was cancelled we just have to wait for the next event.

when and where that will be to be determined.
        Does slightly feel like we are bieng led along.

Comment

Yeah I didn’t want to come off like some pretentious douche bag as those that know me know that’s far from the truth. But I know the product was likely there and I’m sure some people have seen it and sworn to secrecy like I have been before and I can appreciate that. It just comes off as more about the unveil than the actual product itself or the customers. Motion and hobby squawk are my home. I don’t shop or read/post to any other forum. I’ve been a loyal customer for 4 years now. I hate to see a horizon hobbies like stance on a company and a product base I believe in. Most of these guys are welcome in my home anytime.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

I had the same thoughts. I didn’t know how to approach this subject without sounding snarky, but screw it! Probably the greatest most popular ($) Phantom release didn’t put we consumers thru a load of theatrics. If it was to be announced at Nall they should have done a podcast on that date. I too have just three months good weather. :Poo: or get off the pot.

Comment

Yeah just bring the crap out already... I have 3 planes earmarked already, so the clock ticks upon you. There are things I do have alot of, but patience is something the Army has definitely burned me out of.
              Yeah what he said!

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                Yeah I didn’t want to come off like some pretentious douche bag as those that know me know that’s far from the truth. But I know the product was likely there and I’m sure some people have seen it and sworn to secrecy like I have been before and I can appreciate that. It just comes off as more about the unveiling than the actual product itself or the customers. Motion and hobby squawk are my home. I don’t shop or read/post to any other forum. I’ve been a loyal customer for 4 years now. I hate to see a horizon hobbies like stance on a company and a product base I believe in. Most of these guys are welcome in my home anytime.
                We understand, but I assure you the plane never made it to Joe Nall because Ryan and Mike never made it. So nobody knows anything on that front and Jet Jam is 3 weeks out. Jet Jam will be fun (hint). But we did show off the new Admiral 450 PNP Scale Heli's at TiredIron's place as I had those in my car to take to Joe Nall.

But as I said, we have more than 1 thing coming and they will come 1 at a time as they are ready. We 100% do not want to show things that aren't quite ready yet to protect us in case something goes wrong and it gets delayed. We were only going to mention this plane before it's on the water heading to warehouses because it was Joe Nall, but by Jet Jam it should be on the water already and will make us more comfortable.

At this point, we like to think all our customers realize that something new is always on the way. Even after Jet Jam, there will be something new on the way etc, etc. We are and like to be a pretty transparent company, but to a point for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                  I agree to a point,I took the week off to fo to Nall.
                  was very disappointed it was rained out(Im sure like everyone)but dont tell me we were going to release the next big thing at Nall but now that it was cancelled we just have to wait for the next event.

when and where that will be to be determined.
                  Does slightly feel like we are bieng led along.
                  We also never said release, just an announcement. So it would have been announced without a pre-order or straight purchase because Joe Nall is special and was going to be our first major event for our company, we were making an exception. Had we announced it at Joe Nall the only thing different today is people would know the new item but not specifically when it is coming, and by now everyone would still be asking where project Foil is.

Comment

“Again, don't get caught up in just one release...”

Im sorry Motion, it seems you may be getting caught up. I’ll be watching for the preorder for FOUL

Comment

3 weeks is 1/3rd of my flying season though James. That's what I mean. I am waiting to find out if its the f-100 or if I should just get the A-10 and abandon hope for the f-100. Time is money and money is time in my neck of the woods. The announcement of what the plane is has nothing to do with its release date or if its on the water is my point. Its not hard to say yup thats what it is we will show it in 3 weeks. But I feel very much strung along. Because the announcement at the nall was planned. Because it got rained out the media crew never brought it. I fail to see how or what that has to do with a announcement for a product sitting with Ryan and Mike.

This very much feels like a HK nightmare. Remember before all this media crap.....I do. I dont have anything else to say on this matter other than what I have said because I have aspergers I am just going to keep my trap shut and move on.
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

FOIL!

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                          3 weeks is 1/3rd of my fling season though James. That's what I mean. I am waiting to find out if its the f-100 or if I should just get the A-10 and abandon hope for the f-100. Time is money and money is time in my neck of the woods. The announcement of what the plane is has nothing to do with its release date or if its on the water is my point. Its not hard to say yup thats what it is we will show it in 3 weeks. But I feel very much strong along. Because the announcement at the nall was planned. Because it got rained out the media crew never brought it. I fail to see how or what that has to do with a announcement for a product sitting with Ryan and Mike.

This very much feels like a HK nightmare. Remember before all this media crap.....I do.
                          We were going to film the unboxing, the flight review, take the web pics and everything whilst at Joe Nall (and take you and everyone there along for the ride) so all that pertinent info people expect from us would be ready for the day we ask for peoples money. So they can make the most informed decision.

I feel terrible you are waiting for something specific and your flying season is running short and I hope you will like the next one when it's time.

Comment

I remember once a manufacturer released the list (in order of release) of about 3 years of production. I liked that because I could plan my purchases, and defer a purchase if they were coming out with a size I preferred vs. some other release. I didn't care if some were late, because it was a three year planning window. I realize that may remove a competitors edge, but wow, it sure was nice.

Comment

Well with the rash of ME TOO a year or so ago, I think someone got smart to the concept that more then one is too many at same time. The manufacturers were supposed to talk to one another to prevent that, but nobody wants to show their cards. I am sure the Avios Spitfire got slammed by Motion getting to market first. HK is it's own worst enemy though. Website is a prime example of what not to do.
                              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Whew,

The cookies will be done when there done! I gotta say a three week flight window would really suck. I feel for ya mate.

Woody

PS Did I mention is SoCal we have no grass.

Comment

Yeah the problem with that now is someone can sneak in and release the same thing but in 2 years vs the 3. With the new age of the internet and near limitless global communications. Doing things like that are pretty much suicidal now.
                                  Bingo! You hit the nail on the head.

I don't blame Motion for how they choose to promote a new product release. Damn guys, Alpha and the whole Motion Team put a LOT of work into coming up with a great quality product at a good price point. And it's usually something that hasn't been offered frequently before. They have a right to be proud of what they produce and they enjoy our excitement for it. Yes, sometimes the wait is tough and it has nothing to do with being a GI. Being exited about a new product is just that. The flying season is short for a lot of us. Bottom line...if you want it, get it when you can and build it when you have the time. The hobby has been like that for decades.

Thanks Motion! Just keep doing what you do best.

Comment

And in cases like this, dont announce a project name or anything until you're only about a month or less in to ready to reveal what it is. That would definitely help.
                                    I disagree with that, I would like to know what planes are coming well in advance so I can decide if I want to wait for it or not. For instance if they announced a B-24 was coming well in advance I would make sure I had the money saved so when the preorder finally happened I could get it. Instead of the B-24 had it been a Lancaster I would have spent that some money on something else.

I like knowing well in advance of what is coming.

Comment

I don't care either way....I just want them all!
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                        Well with the rash of ME TOO a year or so ago, I think someone got smart to the concept that more then one is too many at same time. The manufacturers were supposed to talk to one another to prevent that, but nobody wants to show their cards. I am sure the Avios Spitfire got slammed by Motion getting to market first. HK is it's own worst enemy though. Website is a prime example of what not to do.
                                        Well to be honest, HobbyKing thinks of all of us as Order Numbers. That's just the Asia Way. The big difference in Motion RC and HobbyKing, is Motion works hard to make this transparent. I'm sure they would have some stories to tell. Chinese are great to do business with, until something goes wrong. I was reading on another forum, RC Castle I think. The guy got his plane, and it had one stripped out thread for a screw. He was just blowing up on their forum, saying the stripped screw was an intolerable mistake that they should fix as once. So let's see, he wanted them to pay to send the plane back to China, and wanted them to repair the stripped screw, and send it back to him. They sent him an email just requesting he glue it. So if this sort of thing seriously bothers you, you probably shouldn't consider them as your selected vendor.

Best Regards
                                        Woody

Comment

So, only the screw was stripped? Or the hole? If it were the hole, and if it were a plane that didnt need the wings removed, gluing it together is something I would do anyway. Much like the B26. The wing screw holes being plastic threads I just dont trust for taking apart for storage and transport.
                                          I don't know what it was, I think it had something to do with tail. But I can tell you this, the second HK Turnigy EFXTRA I received from HK was a green one. The paint sucked, was flaking off all over the place, really pissed me off. So I took pictures, filed a ticket, I was asking for a new fuselage. So I went back and forth thru emails for a few weeks. Then they disappeared, no word no nothing. So determined to replace the fuselage, (Fuselage was where the problem was, everything else was fine). I ordered a new one. Hoping the new paint job would be better than the old one (It Was). 3 weeks later I received the fuselage. Two days later I received a brand spanking new Green Turnigy EFX Extra. That's how I ended up with three of them. No there not fun to work with. But they did send me a new plane. LOL

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X