Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• growler? I haven't flown my regular A6 yet.. make it a F100 lol

Comment

• This is the first time I've been caught up in one of these conjecture while waiting threads. What has been the average time in the past, from when the guessing game starts until release? It's all ready been nearly five months, and there's some purchases I'm holding off on, but I'm also running out of flying season.

Comment

• It varies by release. Foil was thrown out there quite some time ago with several small hints along the way. Other projects have been tossed out as well since then but there is no correlation of when a project name is released to when it will be finally available. There may also be some in the works that we don't even know of. Stocking an EU warehouse would also undoubtedly put a strain on the factories so there would be a ramp up time that may cause some logistical nightmares and delays as well. Foil will be worth the wait I am sure.

Comment

• I'm hoping for a nice "super scale" jet one day in the tradition of the T-45. Something with flaps, slats, lights, doors, etc...and good sound.
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I thought I would wait for FOIL, or any other new release for that matter, but what's the point? Life is too short to not buy jets. I just got the A4 and will likely get FOIL whenever it's released. More tinker time in the offseason. Glass is half full ya'll.

Comment

• That's how I started feeling about it, itll come when it comes in the mean time pick up something new to you and fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                I thought I would wait for FOIL, or any other new release for that matter, but what's the point? Life is too short to not buy jets. I just got the A4 and will likely get FOIL whenever it's released. More tinker time in the offseason. Glass is half full ya'll.
                I all ready have two off-season projects. The thing is, if it's a quick build, like a 64 mm, I'd like to not have to wait until next May to fly it.

Comment

• I have a feeling that nothing's going to happen on this and some other fronts until September 1st when the Christmas shopping season unofficially begins.

Comment

• This wait time for the release of Project Foil seems like we are beginning season two on this thread! My dad would now ask me if I want some cheese with that wine?This makes me look back, to my favorite squawk from season one!

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                    I FOUND PROJECT FOIL!

Official 4K Video for “Foil” by “Weird Al" Yankovic Listen to “Weird Al" Yankovic : https://weirdalyankovic.lnk.to/listenYD Subscribe to the official “Weir...

LOL:Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                      This wait time for the release of Project Foil seems like we are beginning season two on this thread! My dad would now ask me if I want some cheese with that wine?This makes me look back, to my favorite squawk from season one!

A flying Weird Al? Put me down for one!

Comment

• Perhaps when we quot others we should precede the quote with "Last time, on Project Foil"

Comment

•  

Comment

• I like his stuff, good camera man

Comment

• Someone said MiG 19 Farmer earlier, at first it didn't interest me, but the more I look at this cold war fighter the more I like it. Put a 90mm 12 bl on it please!
                              Just about any mig would work for me

Opps, the MiG 15 snuck in there

Comment

• Maybe Sukhoi Su-24 NATO code name "FENCER"?

Or did we already cover that?

Comment

• Actually, there was a fourth entry in the competition:

Comment

• you know, the NATO code names never made sense to me. Why not just call it what the other guys did?
                                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
                                      Maybe Sukhoi Su-24 NATO code name "FENCER"?

Or did we already cover that?
                                      That is one sweet bird! I personally like twin engine bombers and twin engine jets, they just kinda look more solid and reliable. Take the B-25, it just looks tough and tested in battle, or take the F-111

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                        you know, the NATO code names never made sense to me. Why not just call it what the other guys did?
                                        Because I don't think the Soviet Union gave their military aircraft names like the West does. They just called it a Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19.
                                        Pat

Comment

• I still say its a MIG 25
                                          Huge intakes so hopefully no cheaters
                                          large wheels for grass operation
                                          sort of simple airframe,no swing wings or complicated stuff
                                          looks as if it actually has a lot of wing area and would generate a lot of lift from the fuselage.

would be a good canidate for "FOIL"

Comment

Working...
                                          X