X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the Thursday jet jam vidio. Their are two T33 jets. One is red and one is done up in Navy.
    Hmmmm....They seem to gravitate towards them
    And say their composite and am sure they are....but..... Also theirs a pic of a grey
    One sitting on a static stand. They say things come in threes.....?
    Could these be subliminal clues ?

Comment

• Just a friendly reminder to carry on Hoot chatter on the "What's next Alpha thread," while we continue to remain perplexed with FOIL on this thread. :Nerd:

Comment

• Guess there's something wrong with me a L-39 just don't grab me.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
          Just a friendly reminder to carry on Hoot chatter on the "What's next Alpha thread," while we continue to remain perplexed with FOIL on this thread. :Nerd:
          Yes sir, will do, I don't give a Hoot anyway..........:Don't-tell-Anyone::)

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Hey Alpha how tuff is it to design a 90mm F-100?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                It could be a T-38, very front silhouette.
                The wingspan is too wide to be a T-38. It looks more like it could be a T-33/P-80 if not an L-39.

As for project Foil, I still think it could be an F-22 or an F-35A because they can Foil radar signatures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-22-vs-F-35-850x478.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	149794

Comment

• F9F Panther
                  Oh, wait L39, just saw that was on the list of things flown but the F9F Panther was not lol
                  :Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by benjack71 View Post
                    F9F Panther
                    Oh, wait L39, just saw that was on the list of things flown but the F9F Panther was not lol
                    :Confused:
                    It could not be a straight wing Panther simply because Project Hoot does not appear to have wing end tanks like the Panther.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

It could not be a straight wing Panther simply because Project Hoot does not appear to have wing end tanks like the Panther.
                      It was hard to tell. At first it almost looks like it does. I slowed it down to .25 speed and watched it. But, either way, the F9F was not on the list. What did Gibson fly when he was on the Big E in 1973? I know he went to flight school and qualified in F-14's after he got back from his four year deployment on the big E and the Corral Sea.

A little more googling and found it was the F-4. The video does not look like an F-4

Comment

• Hoot looks like a 1/12 scale 80mm job.
                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• And it was indeed a L39 :) 80mm. I think there are nicer camouflage colorschemes though. Looks very detailed and sleek in any case!!

Comment

• Interesting. Won't pull the trigger now, but very cool! Would be a great chase plane for a potential V-280 scratchbuild in the future..

Comment

• Here it is :)
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                Interesting. Won't pull the trigger now, but very cool! Would be a great chase plane for a potential V-280 scratchbuild in the future..
                                We are giving Mrc too much homework hehe

Comment

• So how long until Foil? This show's been going on for over six months!!!!

Comment

• Well I do like the L-39, it was my first rc Jet. You know this will fly perfect coming out of the Freewing Engineering playground. Would rather had see a camo version. Back to project F-100 I mean project foil......

Comment

• Admittedly, I haven't been following this thread but has it been disclosed as to what "foil" is? Why the pictures of the L-39? Is that it? I thought it was called "Hoot"?

Comment

• The L39 is the Hoot...we just could not refrain from commenting it xDD. As far as I thought the Foil project is still going..?

Comment

• Most of these models can handle the weight of doubling the LiPo capacity.

At some point the added battery weight results in less duration instead of more duration due to needing more power for the same performance. For the EDFs, its usually a question of what will actually fit, long before that point.
                                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                          X