• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4b442bbe0c7c9869f70a63296813781f.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	151228 I have to say the f100 has really nice lines, I think it's sleeker than the f4
    A Piper cub is sleeker than an F-4.:)

Comment

• Anybody see the Flite Test episode about both the F-8 and F-105 from back in December?
      A video editing "foil" shows an F-100... thoughts? May be complete coincidence, and I could be completely wrong... but...

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post
        Anybody see the Flite Test episode about both the F-8 and F-105 from back in December?
        A video editing "foil" shows an F-100... thoughts? May be complete coincidence, and I could be completely wrong... but...

https://youtu.be/mOC81T0-JUc?t=15
        Well, there it is flying!!!! LOL Big mistake or great hint!!

Comment

• That's gotta be it! Motion is simply using the word FOIL to cover the description F100, minus the dash between the letter F and number 100. 4 characters used to "foil" the plane's model number. Just a guess, but anything is possible. Many on the forum have mentioned it will probably be a well done F-100. Would be nice for sure...I'll take one!

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
            That's gotta be it! Motion is simply using the word FOIL to cover the description F100, minus the dash between the letter F and number 100. 4 characters used to "foil" the plane's model number. Just a guess, but anything is possible. Many on the forum have mentioned it will probably be a well done F-100. Would be nice for sure...I'll take one!
            By that logic... could be an F-101 Voodoo - one sexy jet! "FI0l" capital i, lower case L

Comment

• I agree, and would love one of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post

A Piper cub is sleeker than an F-4.:)
                Now that's funny! :) Proof that a brick will fly if you bolt a pair of J-79's to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotdogx View Post
                  So I got to thinking about what project Foil could be. I thought, foil - saber - F-86... Perhaps a V2 of the FW F-86 Sabre? A V2 would be sweet. Slightly bigger wheels for grass; stronger trailing link LG; a little more power; put the main gear in the proper location so rotation for takeoff is easy; scale horizontal stabilizer shape (get rid of the clipped tips on the elevator); re-sized battery compartment for 6S 5000 packs and to achieve a proper CG. Even better, go to a 90mm fan like the Taft 11 bladed unit which uses an 80 amp ESC, has lots of thrust, and great flight duration on a 6S 5000 pack.

So maybe I'm way off on my guess. It does seem that FW is only doing Vietnam era jets these days. I'm a big fan of the Korean war era jets like the F9F Cougar and F-86.
                  After 36 pages of guessing, I started to wonder how it got started and just presumed that it was someone with Motion RC planting the seed of interest. So I looked at the first post in this thread and lo and behold, it's NOT someone from Motion RC (or is it?). Anyway, it got me thinking, who is "hotdogx" and why and how did he come up with the name in the first place? Where did he hear it from and why wasn't there any more information accompanying the name? :Confused:

Comment

• Interesting thought for sure...

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Now that's funny! :) Proof that a brick will fly if you bolt a pair of J-79's to it.
                      true that :), f4 was all motor. For a vintage jet the f100 is a real a looker, if it is foil hope they put a slightly larger front wheel that can handle grass. 80mm inrunner set up, sweeeeet spot........ hmmmmmmm :Cool::Cool::Cool:
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Yes to that all the way!:Cool:

Comment

• As with many planes, the F-100 Super Sabre had some issues with landing and other discrepancies, but, it was the turning point of even more modern jet examples. The F-100 seemed to lay the outline for the new era of "delta" fighter designs. The F-14 was probably the last of the available straight wing jets with the awesome trick of turning "delta"...Once again, the "FOIL" aspect of a turning point, maybe comes to life. But, now I'm sounding like Carl Jung trying to describe aviation....

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                            As with many planes, the F-100 Super Sabre had some issues with landing and other discrepancies, but, it was the turning point of even more modern jet examples. The F-100 seemed to lay the outline for the new era of "delta" fighter designs. The F-14 was probably the last of the available straight wing jets with the awesome trick of turning "delta"...Once again, the "FOIL" aspect of a turning point, maybe comes to life. But, now I'm sounding like Carl Jung trying to describe aviation....
                            You reminded me of this great video documentary of old F-100 pilots that got the chance to fly it again and one of them talks about some of those issues that the F-100 had at 2:40.
                            It will be interesting to see how similar an RC model will behave and hopefully it wont be prone to the Saber dance in inexperienced hands. :Confused:

Comment

• In part this had allot to do with the lack of power, likely this won't be an issue with the 80mm inrunner :o)
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Or a big tank and SRBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post

true that :), f4 was all motor. For a vintage jet the f100 is a real a looker, if it is foil hope they put a slightly larger front wheel that can handle grass. 80mm inrunner set up, sweeeeet spot........ hmmmmmmm :Cool::Cool::Cool:
                                  But most of the high-speed jets of the time were like that, the F-104, F11F , and the most blatant ones, the F-8 & A-7.

Comment

• Curiosity thought on project "FOIL". So far everyone including myself has looked at this like it is a person, place or thing. What if this is an acronym? Where would that lead to?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      After 36 pages of guessing, I started to wonder how it got started and just presumed that it was someone with Motion RC planting the seed of interest. So I looked at the first post in this thread and lo and behold, it's NOT someone from Motion RC (or is it?). Anyway, it got me thinking, who is "hotdogx" and why and how did he come up with the name in the first place? Where did he hear it from and why wasn't there any more information accompanying the name? :Confused:
                                      Hey XViper, no this thread was not where this all started. hotdogx just took the ball and started running with it.

Foil was initially announced by Alpha in the "What's next Alpha" thread on Nov 23rd, 2017

Here's a screen shot

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	151326
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• B-66

Comment

• Destroyer, what a name!

Comment

Working...
                                          X