X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given Hurricane Florence, chances look slim for a Fall Nall announcement. I'll be surprised if that event happens.
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	151341
      Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
      Destroyer, what a name!
      Those B-66s are cool, but for me an A3D would be a must have. Big jet on the carrier at night, no ejection seats, hang on! Y'all do know what A3D stands for?

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Hey XViper, no this thread was not where this all started. hotdogx just took the ball and started running with it.

Foil was initially announced by Alpha in the "What's next Alpha" thread on Nov 23rd, 2017

Here's a screen shot

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	151326
        Thanks, now that's the info I was missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
          Given Hurricane Florence, chances look slim for a Fall Nall announcement. I'll be surprised if that event happens.
          Howdy!!! According to Tom with MRC, there will be no announcement at Nall, even if the event goes off as planned...

Comment

• "I thought I should mention that we are not going to make a new announcement at Nall in the fall. The timing is not working out."

Search for Tom to see the quote. It is in the L-39 Albatros thread. Can't get it to copy here....

Comment

• That vertical takeoff feature on the Harrier must really be a thorn in their side :Smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                Destroyer, what a name!
                Well the "official" Navy name was the Skywarrior, but one of it's more common namws was "the Whale", since it was the largest aircraft to routinely operate from a carrier. The other was related to it's designation A3D. Since the crew of three would not eject, but go down an escape chute, they said A3D stood for "all three dead"

Comment

• Hey Hardway, How ya doing mate?

Listen, I think I will just look at the Motion models when they make it to your sales page from now on. I think many may have time for this sort of thing, but actually I find it distracting, and have dropped my subscription to all of these sorts of threads.

The bottom line? I get how challenging developing a new model can be. But the one thing no one seems to consider is the Money it takes to float an endeavor such as this. Everyone should take note that if you own a company and are trying to develop a new product, and don't happen to have the cold hard cash sitting around to do it, it can't get done. It's costly, and risky. So I think anyone would opt for the safest bet they can make. I would never fault Motion for doing this.

What I can fault Motion RC for is an, "L-39 Albatros". I have no idea who thought this plane was a good idea, maybe it was focused on your new European endeavor. It definitely wasn't for me or people like me, LOL. This will have a significant impact on my business, which I'm certain means very little in the grand scheme of things. I'm just a single customer. But, my business has to be earned, and I will always see myself as a valued customer, even if many many don't.

A large F9F, A-7, F-8, seemed like obvious choices.

Remember this is all just my opinion, nothing more. So don't try to read to much into it.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Well the "official" Navy name was the Skywarrior, but one of it's more common namws was "the Whale", since it was the largest aircraft to routinely operate from a carrier. The other was related to it's designation A3D. Since the crew of three would not eject, but go down an escape chute, they said A3D stood for "all three dead"
                    Hey Valk,

Ya know there were more than a few aircrews that died in A-3's. I always love these aircraft, seeing something this big being launched from an aircraft carrier was, well to me always very impressive.

Oh, and by the way, this would make another exceptionally cool model, If anyone cares, LOL.

The problem with this jet, is if viewed at just the right angle on the carrier flight line. Say the cat operator could only see the nose of the plane. It looks very similar to an A-4. Ok, I don't care if anyone doesn't think it does?? It does, and did fool the cat operators on many occasion, I'm speaking from experience. So the cat operator would mistakenly set the cat charge for an A-4, when an A-3 was actually setting on the catapult. This was just enough umph to push the A-3 to the end of the launch deck, then it would fall on it's back in the water and get run over by the carrier. Some ejection seats would have been nice to have.

So still love the planes, but they should have fitted them with ejection seats. Would of saved a lot of lives.

Best Regards
                    Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                      Hey Hardway, How ya doing mate?

Listen, I think I will just look at the Motion models when they make it to your sales page from now on. I think many may have time for this sort of thing, but actually I find it distracting, and have dropped my subscription to all of these sorts of threads.

The bottom line? I get how challenging developing a new model can be. But the one thing no ever here ever seems to consider is the Money it takes to float an endeavor such as this. Everyone should take note that if you own a company and are trying to develop a new product, and don't happen to have the cold hard cash sitting around to do it, it can't get done. It's costly, and risky. So I think anyone would opt for the safest bet they can make. I would never fault Motion for doing this.

What I can fault Motion RC for is an, "L-39 Albatros". I have no idea who thought this plane was a good idea, maybe it was focused on your new European endeavor. It definitely wasn't for me or people like me, LOL. This will have a significant impact on my business, which I'm certain means very little in the grand scheme of things. I'm just a single customer. But, my business has to be earned, and I will always see myself as a valued customer, even if many many don't.

Remember this is all just my opinion, nothing more. So don't try to read to much into it.

Woody
                      Definitely a case of sour grapes going on here. So they make a plane that you're not happy with. You do realize that for Europeans, the L-39 is as iconic as the Thunderbirds F-16, or Blue Angels F/A-18. And how many MRC planes are American in relation to other countries? MRC has more 64 mm EDFs than either HK or Horizon have EDFs period. And it could be worse, like a certain competitor who it seems like every third new release is a Piper Cub variant. Personally, I'd like to see an AVRO Arrow or Vulcan, or FMS do a V2 of the Rafael. It can't be all USA all the time.

Comment

Hey Valk,

Ya know there were more than a few aircrews that died in A-3's. I always love these aircraft, seeing something this big being launched from an aircraft carrier was, well to me always very impressive.

Oh, and by the way, this would make another exceptionally cool model, If anyone cares, LOL.

The problem with this jet, is if viewed at just the right angle on the carrier flight line. Say the cat operator could only see the nose of the plane. It looks very similar to an A-4. Ok, I don't care if anyone doesn't think it does?? It does, and did fool the cat operators on many occasion, I'm speaking from experience. So the cat operator would mistakenly set the cat charge for an A-4, when an A-3 was actually setting on the catapult. This was just enough umph to push the A-3 to the end of the launch deck, then it would fall on it's back in the water and get run over by the carrier. Some ejection seats would have been nice to have.

So still love the planes, but they should have fitted them with ejection seats. Would of saved a lot of lives.

Best Regards
                        Woody
                        I can almost see it, especially with the refueling probe. And the ejection seats were done away with to save weight based on Douglas's failed Pirate. But again, the early jet age was fraught with mistakes and design flaws like the Gutlass, or the Zuni safety pins that contributed to the Forestall fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Definitely a case of sour grapes going on here. So they make a plane that you're not happy with. You do realize that for Europeans, the L-39 is as iconic as the Thunderbirds F-16, or Blue Angels F/A-18. And how many MRC planes are American in relation to other countries? MRC has more 64 mm EDFs than either HK or Horizon have EDFs period. And it could be worse, like a certain competitor who it seems like every third new release is a Piper Cub variant. Personally, I'd like to see an AVRO Arrow or Vulcan, or FMS do a V2 of the Rafael. It can't be all USA all the time.
                          Hey mate,

I said it could have been focused on the European business. Nuff said.

Woody

Yea pretty darn sour, lol

Comment

Hey Hardway, How ya doing mate?

The bottom line? I get how challenging developing a new model can be. But the one thing no one seems to consider is the Money it takes to float an endeavor such as this. Everyone should take note that if you own a company and are trying to develop a new product, and don't happen to have the cold hard cash sitting around to do it, it can't get done. It's costly, and risky. So I think anyone would opt for the safest bet they can make. I would never fault Motion for doing this.

Woody
                            Howdy!! I am sorry if you were under the impression that I am employed at, or am a representative of MRC... I was responding to Dave (DAHAWK) to tell him that there will be no announcement at Nall in the Fall... I understand your concerns. If the folks here understand how hard it is to develop a product without the capital resources available, then they are most likely the folks not complaining... I was not happy with the release of the L-39, but I bought one since I did not have one!! LOL Just what I needed.... Anyway, I hope MRC sees your post and puts it into their future business model. Cheers Bro!!! Jerry

Comment

• Hey Jerry,

Ya know just when I couldn't find anything I liked something popped up I just had to have. Please understand, I like all sorts of models. Like you I'm a bit of a collector, but I like flying them all. Durifly just broke with this and I just had to have it. Nothing special really, but I love it just the same. Sorry about the misunderstanding mate, thanks for correcting it. See the link. My guess is if you want one of these you had better move fast or they'll be gone! See link.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/durafly-...mm-43-pnf.html

Best Regards
                              Woody

PS Remember I'm a US Navy Guy, and it would appear some one is listening to some of us. W

Comment

• Nice T-28!! Thank you for your service!!! :Cool:

Comment

• As much as I like American warbirds and jets I recognize that there isn't that many other foreign models available on the market. And now that MRC has entered the European market it is going to have to offer a few more aircraft that will be popular over there. However it is no surprise to me that the L-39 was done because it has been one of those airplanes that has been requested in these forums for sometime. So the interest was there.
                                  One of the few simple things that MRC could do to make a model appeal to more markets is to do more variants of the same model that were operated by different countries with their respective liveries.

An example would be the French F-100. ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-100_French.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	151387

Comment

• It is really interesting to see how people have different tastes, that makes the world great I elieve. From these mentioned (F9F, A-7, F-8) I do not like any of these Lol. I will wait for the next release of Mrc...hopefully a nice 90mm jet!

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	187.8 KB ID:	151341

Those B-66s are cool, but for me an A3D would be a must have. Big jet on the carrier at night, no ejection seats, hang on! Y'all do know what A3D stands for?
                                      Talking with a naval aviator friend about the A3D when I brought it up be said it stood for All Three Dead.

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• You are correct! A3D, when men were men. Only tactical jet I ever sat in, that had an ash tray on the dash board.

Probably not a very realistic Foil guess, but I'd sure buy one.

Comment

• weather on the east coast this year has been mostly poo, this weekend looks to be no different :Angry:
                                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                          X