X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
    As much as I like American warbirds and jets I recognize that there isn't that many other foreign models available on the market. And now that MRC has entered the European market it is going to have to offer a few more aircraft that will be popular over there. However it is no surprise to me that the L-39 was done because it has been one of those airplanes that has been requested in these forums for sometime. So the interest was there.
    One of the few simple things that MRC could do to make a model appeal to more markets is to do more variants of the same model that were operated by different countries with their respective liveries.

An example would be the French F-100. ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-100_French.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	151387
    Well the easiest way to do that would be to offer the models without the graphics applied, have the standard graphics in the kits, and sell the alternate liveries under "UPGRADES" UNLESS it's a different color scheme, like the BAE Hawk and USN T-45.

Comment

• I really have my hopes on a F-100, I think it would be a MUST BUY for me. 90mm would be EPIC.

Comment

• As long as the price point is sub $400

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          As long as the price point is sub $400
          I agree, the F-100 is not like the F-4 Phantom that sold well because of its legendary appeal to a larger market. The F-100 might have to be an 80mm to interest more for its modest price of around $300.

Comment

• Bingo brother!

Comment

I agree, the F-100 is not like the F-4 Phantom that sold well because of its legendary appeal to a larger market. The F-100 might have to be an 80mm to interest more for its modest price of around $300.
              But then, if they do it as a 64, you can buy three of them!:)

Comment

• While I do recognize that 64mm EDF sell well because of the cheap price I for one find them not worth it. I cant stand the whining noise of 6 blade fans and I detest hand launching plus I like having separate control of all the control surfaces. So if I were to buy one I would end up spending more money to address those issues which I would rather just put my money towards something bigger and better. :Angry:;)

Comment

• Yes exactly!

Comment

• Well while 2018 is coming to an end and if no more teasers guess all we can do is relax and wait... "noch ein bier, bitte"

Click image for larger version  Name:	download.jpg Views:	1 Size:	16.2 KB ID:	151463

Comment

While I do recognize that 64mm EDF sell well because of the cheap price I for one find them not worth it. I cant stand the whining noise of 6 blade fans and I detest hand launching plus I like having separate control of all the control surfaces. So if I were to buy one I would end up spending more money to address those issues which I would rather just put my money towards something bigger and better. :Angry:;)
                      First, except for the Neptune, F-86, and MiG-15, the 64s have a landing gear option. And since I don't use a rudder, having elevons or elevator an ailerons only doesn't bother me.

Comment

• But no retracts or rudder is a no sale for me when it comes to scale planes. Rudder is an absolute essential element of my flying.

Comment

• Yes... That left stick has a reason for being there!!! :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                            Yes... That left stick has a reason for being there!!! :P
                            Yes. From my POV it's to steer the nosewheel.:)

Comment

• turning without rudder make turns as nasty as a 2 dollar crack *****. The butt drops and the face of the turn has more wrinkles than a old 1880s washboard.

Comment

• At this point I'm so over the project foil guessing game:Yawn:

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                                  At this point I'm so over the project foil guessing game:Yawn:
                                  Perhaps this thread can serve as a "lessons learned".Perhaps the board moderators need to prohibit users from creating threads like this and only have them originate from the "men behind the curtain" who have an idea of when a particular project will be delivered. Someone mentioned that other than "Foil" there are like three other projects possibly preceding it and all this perceived delay is turning people away. It's akin to Horizon's practice of announcing a new plane, taking pre-orders, and the delivery date turns out to be six months later. Leave the "What's next Alpha" thread going, but don't start speculation threads more than 90 days from expected delivery. And when the inevitable delay occurs, explain it to the crowd. And for god's sake, deliver pre-orders to both the US and European customers at the same time. Nothing angers people more than one group going on about THEIR experiences while the other has to wait another week or two.

Comment

• These guessing games were intended to simply be fun requiring the guessers to reason through the connection of the name to the subject. They were not presented in any particular order or with any expectation of delivery. Some have turned it into something it was never intended to be though. Using it as a sounding board for what they want and also ranting about releases that did not meet those expectations. Foil is just one project name of several that has been thrown out there with some clues but for the life of me I don't understand why people are fixating so much on it and not the others. Delays happen for reasons we have no control over but will likely benefit everyone involved in the end. There has never been any solid delivery dates thrown out as they aren't announced until they are well on their way. Bond came out of nowhere and gave up an F4 that the masses had been requesting for a long time but it didn't take long for the new to wear off and the focus to shift back to Foil. So what will happen after Foil is released I wonder? What will be the next project to get worked up over? As a mod I am going to do everything I can to steer this thread back to what it was intended for. I can easily start deleting posts that stir the pot or provide no real benefit. I would personally rather see the people who post here stick to the guessing game and focus less on delivery on their own though. These products and more are coming. Freewing and Motion will deliver. Let that be enough and get back to having fun trying to correlate the names to planes.

Comment

• Exactomendo baby!
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Well said Steve. This is just for fun. Alpha and the Motion teams are bringing products to us as they are ready and not before. Relax and play the game. Don't let "your own expectations" cause frustration. The Squawk has always been a layed back fun group. Please, let's keep it that way.:);):Cool:

Comment

• OK so let the guessing game begin again. What clues do we have so far for project Foil.
                                          1. Alphas History:
                                            • Military Campaigns and Pilots
                                            • Alphas prior hints / clues, pattern
                                            • Likes Military, History and Literature?
                                          2. Foil to be in 2018
                                          3. Foil is an EDF
                                          4. Hoot was Fast but Foil is Faster
                                          5. Cloud Atlas:
                                            • Book Reference
                                            • Movie Reference
                                            • Breaking Bad Episode
                                          6. Ozymandias:
                                            • Poem Meaning and references
                                            • King of Kings
                                            • Egypt
                                          7. Foil Definitions:
                                            • To prevent (something considered wrong or undesirable) from succeeding.
                                            • The track or scent of a hunted animal. (Maybe - Radar tracking?)
                                            • A light fencing sword without cutting edges but with a button on its point. (Na to obvious.)
                                          8. Ruled out:
                                            • Alpha Post #552 - Not an SR-71 Black bird and not a Foxbat.

So, what other clues are out there to tease?

Comment

Working...
                                          X