X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

More on the Six Day War. Egyptian aircraft losses(died in the desert) was this:l 30 Tu-16 bombers, 27 out of 40 Il-28 bombers, 12 Su-7 fighter-bombers, over 90 MiG-21s, 20 MiG-19s, 25 MiG-17 fighters,
    Man, that sounded like a turkey shoot. What was killing them Valk? I'm gonna have to look that one up. The truth is, I've seen many of these planes close up. I was never impressed by any Soviet Block Plane. Welp??? Maybe the L-39..... I always thought they looked crude, poorly assembled, and poorly maintained. I did like the Mig 25, once again, until I examined it up close. Huge heavy plane. went fast, (at least they said it did) but I think it actually has steel hydraulic lines. I mean it looked like it was really heavy. Big too. That's probably the one I like the best. But an up close look at one of these is sure to impress you, probably not in a good way. The fit and finish is poor to say the least.

I would like to hear from someone that closely inspected an L-39. I wasn't built by the Russians, so it could be nice. So I'm trying to keep an open mind here. lol

Woody

Never mind, figured it out.

oops??? Is project foil a Lockheed Load Star??? I'm sorry it couldn't be a Load Star, that has propellers, how about this. Is Foil a Grumman Gulfstream 2 ???

Comment

• The Israeli Air Force.... Using these aircraft:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        Never understood why the French build such good planes and helicopters, and such crappy cars?? Is foil a Model 281 Proteus?? I think we could be seriously over due for one of these too. : )

Woody

Comment

• I really love the Avanti, the way it flys, handles the grass, power setup. This plane simply outshines most of my fleet , so impressive to watch her fly. A plane that performs well is a joy to fly. The scale seems to be the sweet spot for all around performance, hope the new F100 is comparably sized .:)

Better vid of my panther, this thing is a hot rod. (more stall/distraction tactics while waiting for the f100 announcement ) I think it's every bit as fast as my Avanit

rc flyin addict

Comment

• \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
              I really love the Avanti, the way it flys, handles the grass, power setup. This plane simply outshines most of my fleet , so impressive to watch her fly. A plane that performs well is a joy to fly. The scale seems to be the sweet spot for all around performance, hope the new F100 is comparably sized .:)

Better vid of my panther, this thing is a hot rod. (more stall/distraction tactics while waiting for the f100 announcement ) I think it's every bit as fast as my Avanit

https://youtu.be/QYZ-ym6w6w4
              Thar's pretty impressive Frank. That thing is movin.

Woody

Comment

• TKS Woody :)
                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                  I just want any Russian jet, my preference would be an IL-28 or a TU-4
                  Well that would be one way to sneak in a B-29.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Man, that sounded like a turkey shoot. What was killing them Valk? I'm gonna have to look that one up. The truth is, I've seen many of these planes close up. I was never impressed by any Soviet Block Plane. Welp??? Maybe the L-39..... I always thought they looked crude, poorly assembled, and poorly maintained. I did like the Mig 25, once again, until I examined it up close. Huge heavy plane. went fast, (at least they said it did) but I think it actually has steel hydraulic lines. I mean it looked like it was really heavy. Big too. That's probably the one I like the best. But an up close look at one of these is sure to impress you, probably not in a good way. The fit and finish is poor to say the least.

I would like to hear from someone that closely inspected an L-39. I wasn't built by the Russians, so it could be nice. So I'm trying to keep an open mind here. lol

Woody

Never mind, figured it out.

oops??? Is project foil a Lockheed Load Star??? I'm sorry it couldn't be a Load Star, that has propellers, how about this. Is Foil a Grumman Gulfstream 2 ???
                    The MiG-25 was slabs of titanium welded together and two huge engines shoved into it. Originally designed as an interceptor for the XB-70(fooled them didn't we!:)) . But it seems that the Soviet answer to every
                    engineering problem was the same as their politics, brute force and mass numbers.

Comment

Never understood why the French build such good planes and helicopters, and such crappy cars?? Is foil a Model 281 Proteus?? I think we could be seriously over due for one of these too. : )

Woody
                      There an oddity, or maybe it's the fact that the build planes not just for the French armed forces, but for anyone who has the money to buy it. But it is an oddity considering the planes and cars the SAAB and Mitsubishi turn out. But could you imagine say a Ford F-36? Flies great, just don't bump the tail end of it:).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        The reason I didn't mention the Israeli planes is the key word "died". The Egyptians lost 10X as many planes as the Israelis did. For that matter the lost more planes than the Israeli Air Force had,

Comment

• only room for 1 bomber, B29 high on the list, B1, B2, all would find a home here
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

The reason I didn't mention the Israeli planes is the key word "died". The Egyptians lost 10X as many planes as the Israelis did. For that matter the lost more planes than the Israeli Air Force had,
                            I did a little reading on this apparently most of the Egyptian planes were destroyed on the ground. They didn't stand a fighting chance.

Woody

Comment

I did a little reading on this apparently most of the Egyptian planes were destroyed on the ground. They didn't stand a fighting chance.

Woody
                              In war... we call that: "winning"

The best way to shoot down a Me-262 in WWII was to wait for it to start its landing approach. Once the wheels started coming down, they had to go all the way down before they could be retracted again. That left the airplane vulnerable for over 40 seconds with wheels slowing it + several more while it tried to regain speed.
                              A P-51 could out-turn it at speed, but all the Me262 had to do was NOT turn and just fly away. Getting into a maneuvering contest was just a bad idea for the Me262.

You do what works in war. Giving the other guy a fair chance meant you wanted to lose.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Yup if you give your enemy any chance you cost unneeded lives. Distroy the enemy and dont look back. Basically try to end it before it starts.

Comment

• Listen guys, I know that Project Foil isn't this particular aircraft, at least I assume so. But I think it has to be considered at some point in time as ranking up there with the best of them. Look at the stats at the end of the video and tell me if they don't give you pause. To all my British Commonwealth friends, this is a tribute to our heritage, would we consider adding this to our hangar. I feel its almost our patriotic duty.
                                  -- She Will Fly Again --Film Credits:Directed and Produced by Jason ElliottMusic in the video: Evolution by Thomas Alexander FarnonEdit, Visual Effects and 1...

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Well yea, kill or be killed basically. By any and all means possible.

Woody

Comment

Well yea, kill or be killed basically. By any and all means possible.

Woody
                                      And bordering on getting political...

That's what has been wrong with the way USA has conducted war since WWII... We didn't actually aim to win by DESTROYING the enemy's capability to make war for generations. Conan the Barbarian had the right idea... Crush your enemies, hear the lamentations of their women. THEN its Miller time.
                                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

And bordering on getting political...

That's what has been wrong with the way USA has conducted war since WWII... We didn't actually aim to win by DESTROYING the enemy's capability to make war for generations. Conan the Barbarian had the right idea... Crush your enemies, hear the lamentations of their women. THEN its Miller time.
                                        Hell yes!!!!!!!!!! YEP Roger and all of that stuff!!! Play to win or don't play at all!!! :Angry::Angry:

Comment

• My Dad was a WWII vet. ETO.
                                          Battle of the Bulge. Bastogne, Hurtgen Forest, etc... 2 Bronze Stars, one with "V" for valor... That is the way to fight and win....

Comment

Working...
                                          X