X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post

I am with you, my FW A-10 is a dream to fly, great presence in the air. I really don’t even fly my 70mm anymore. 90mm or more for me.
    Same here, 80mm okay but I love to fly the big 90mm jets, the only 70mm I could do was the ME 262 and it turned out to be a great choice but of course it is a twin, so I guess that makes it a 140mm...............:)

The F-22 would be a hard choice for me to buy, it doesn't do nothing for me as far as looks go but done super scale 90mm I might think about a purchase......!

Comment

• The Freewing 80mm EDF A-10 is my absolute favorite scale jet they’ have ever made by a long shot, not just because I like the full sized aircraft, but rather how it was designed by Freewing as an RC model. It was worth every penny. Everyone I have talked to so far who owns one loves it. It was one of those jets that actually exceeded my expectations, and that’ is difficult to do LOL. I do not buy every new RC aircraft (although there is nothing wrong with that) as I have a checklist worth of criteria it has to meet before I consider spending money on it. It’ is not about money, it’ is about whether I think I will be happy owning it for reasons I find important. Just because a particular airframe is one of my favorites, it does not necessarily mean I will purchase a RC model of it when announced. To add to that, an airframe that I am not particularly fond of does not necessarily mean I would not purchase it if produced as a RC model because I very well may.

Comment

• Yup i have things i look for as well. I dont really like over the top stuff. But i do want at minimum 4ch of control, flaps and retracts. Thats why 70-80 will do just fine. I just don't need or want any more than that. Maybe its my boots on the ground style that never left since BCT, but my goal with models is to do as much as i can with what ive been given. Technology breaks. Simple irons will always work to the end and will never fail me.

Comment

• Cheater holes on the bottom of an EDF is one thing I tend to shy away from. Nearly lost my 70mm Freewing 6S F-16 due to the cheater hole getting clogged with grass on take off. Barely got off the ground and was a real clencher getting back to the runway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
            Cheater holes on the bottom of an EDF is one thing I tend to shy away from. Nearly lost my 70mm Freewing 6S F-16 due to the cheater hole getting clogged with grass on take off. Barely got off the ground and was a real clencher getting back to the runway.
            I also tend to not like cheater holes because of that vulnerability and aesthetic looks. One of the jets that I have found that have not need cheater holes is the Saab AJS-37 Viggen.
            Flite test made a 70mm EDF prototype and found the holes were not needed. Which makes sense since the air frame was designed to be powered by a large engine which in this case was an engine used in commercial airliners and modified with an added afterburner. You can see the video for you self below at 3:00.

Comment

• And now for something completely different! The fourth video in my coverage of the PVMAC Big Jolt all electric RC event is this awesome Snoopy's doghouse fr...

Here she is boys, curses RB!!
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Where are the flaps, speed brakes, slats, lights and quad landing gear..... LOL Very cool!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  Where are the flaps, speed brakes, slats, lights and quad landing gear..... LOL Very cool!!
                  Well, at least it's not an L-39 or Cub knock-off.

Comment

• they probably have a upgraded motor in the works for it also

Comment

• Pic of Freewing factory line

Comment

• Man i would love it if that was what was coming up

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                          Pic of Freewing factory line
                          That would be awesome!!

Comment

The decals are on crooked...
                            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Two or four EDFs. For economy, I'd go inboards real, outboards fake.

Comment

• Manfred, you dream BIG !!

Would be cool though.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Who wouldn't buy one of these? Gotta be twin 90s with dummies on outboard

Comment

• 80s no more overpriced crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      80s no more overpriced crap.
                                      Crap? :Scared:

Comment

• In order for the Hustler to work, it would need four edfs and balloon tires, IMO!

Comment

• Would be a very cool plane though!

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X