X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a friendly reminder that the thread below is better suited to posting things you would like to see in the future and general discussion about such.

The Project Foil thread is to have fun trying to guess how the clues relate to the plane it represents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
      Make America great again... Make an AMERICAN trainer!! The T-38 has trained every American Fighter pilot since 1959.
      MAGA....!
      Make Project Foil be the first U.S. jet trainer. It is faster than Hoot by at least 100 knots, and not bare aluminum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

When you say operated, do you mean used by countries in Europe, or used in Europe? If it's used in, then the P-80 qualifies, because not only was it used in Europe,a batch of the prototypes were used in WWII.
        I meant counties that operated them. Other then the U.S. only Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Uruguay operated them. So the P-80 could be more popular in South America.

The F-84 Thunderjet on the other hand was operated all over Europe and some of Asia. Here is the list: Belgium, Denmark, France, Greece, Iran, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and Yugoslavia.
        Add to that the Thunderstreak with swept wings and even more countries can be added to the list.

Norway

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-84 Norway.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	154782

Comment

• Project foil is probably just another version of something that has already been done a hundred times over by every manufacturer for the last 20 years... That's the normal trend ! There always trying to "one up" each other which pretty much pointless.
          My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• My bet for project foil is still the F-22 Raptor which has not been done before in a descent scale larger than 70mm.

Name:	F-22 Raptor.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	154820

Comment

• What post did Alpha say that project foil was not going to be a bare aluminum jet??

Comment

• Oh Mama Mia what a beauty!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                  My bet for project foil is still the F-22 Raptor which has not been done before in a descent scale larger than 70mm.

I won't be buying one of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                    My bet for project foil is still the F-22 Raptor which has not been done before in a descent scale larger than 70mm.

One can only hope!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
                      What post did Alpha say that project foil was not going to be a bare aluminum jet??
                      Post #868 is where he mentions it.

Comment

• Posts 967 and 968. Now, therein lies the problem for model airplane companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
                          Posts 967 and 968. Now, therein lies the problem for model airplane companies.
                          :)LOL 100% TRUE

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post

I won't be buying one of those.
                            Even though the F-22 is cool jet it is not on my list. But I am basing my guess on the fact the the F-22 can "Foil" radar detection. The other similar jets like the F-117 and B-2 are black so its a no go with gatoring in the sunlight. There is also the F-35 but I certainly don't care for one unless it was the F-35B with full VTOL capabilities.

Comment

• Yea, F-22, & F-35, not to big a fan. I do like the looks of the new Boeing trainer though.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                Yea, F-22, & F-35, not to big a fan. I do like the looks of the new Boeing trainer though.

Woody
                                It looks like the nose of a BAE Hawk, middle of an F-15, and back-end of an F/A-18.

Comment

• Moonbat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

It looks like the nose of a BAE Hawk, middle of an F-15, and back-end of an F/A-18.
                                    I still like it, LOL. But true, all true.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
                                      Moonbat?
                                      A Moonbat would be very cool, but since Foil is confirmed to be an EDF, I doubt it. ;)
                                      Pat

Comment

• How about this to take care of those pesky Amazon drones that want our airspace:

Comment

• I think Foil is the North American XF-108 Rapier which was their last design before being absorbed by Boeing. It only made it to mock-up stage and was to designed to foil the Ruskies long range bombers before they were within range of the
                                          F-106.

Comment

Working...
                                          X