• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone fitted a set of oleo's to the Dynam Gloster Meteor

Comment

I'm still enjoying mine on 6S a LOT

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

This thread revival has peaked my interest again and I took a look at the Bitgo and Grayson site for this plane. Bitgo is advertising a V2, 6s Gloster but in the specs, it still says 4s battery. It seems that the price for the V2, 6s is cheaper than their 4s version. Something's not right here.
        Specifications Material: EPO Foam Wing Span: 1270mm (50in) Flying Weight: 2690g (94.88oz) Wing Loading: 66.4g/dm2 Fuselage Length: 1510mm (59.4in) Center of Gravity: 125 - 130mm from the leading edge at the wing root Brushless Motor: TOMCAT 2600kv x 2 pcs ESC: TC Skylord 80A ESC x 2 pcs EDF: 12-blade, 70mm Servo: 9g x

Compared to Grayson, their prices are outrageous, but then again, Grayson is charging a shipping surcharge, so who knows.

The Icarus paint scheme is spectacular but I'm not talented enough to make a stock one look that good. Also, not sure if I want to spend even "cheap money" at Grayson to get the 4s model and spend all that extra money for a proper 6s power system and better retracts. Still, Icarus makes this thing perform and look so good.

Comment

Bought my 6S version from Bitco a few months ago and it came with 70mm 6S fan/motors and 80amp ESC. I did not use their fan/motors -- still have the set if you want them for mail charges only. My second Meteor but just as much rework as #1 but well worth it (see RCG forum).

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not fully convinced I want to do all the extra work to get this plane to a standard that I consider acceptable. Likely for the same reasons that you had to not use the stock fans, I probably wouldn't use them either. I would look toward something more reliable and more powerful like FMS or X-Fly units. I know Dynam foam and paint quality and they just look old right from the beginning.
            PS. Just looked. I actually have a set of counter-rotating FMS 70mm, 6s fans from a project that didn't work out for me.

Comment

Working...
            X