Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here's a little video I made for friends who are always asking, "How fast is it, and does it sound like a jet?"

A couple fly-bys of my FMS 70mm EDF T-45 trainer. It's AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by chipset35 View Post
      I am having take off issues with this jet.
      On pavement it tracks straight and true, but on the very short and well maintained grass of my clubs field it keeps veering hard right.
      Obviously, the issue is the grass.
      Anyone else have issue or any tips to remedy on grass take off's?
      Hard to say. Mine actually wanders more on pavement. On grass it's been great. Lots of play in the nosegear though. I'm having another issue with mine I posted about.

Comment

Strut (on b/o): https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJGMB&P=Z

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
          It's not the strut itself. It's the pin that it slides over that attaches it to the trunnion thingy. That pin is definitely hardened steel, but it's too thin. I worry that if I buy the whole nose gear assemply it'll just do it again.

Comment

I replaced the pivot pin with a much beefier one I made from a thicker landing gear strut. Original was #21 wire diameter. New one is #11. (significantly larger) Had to do a bit of machining to adapt it. But I'm thinking it'll work. Will report back. ;)

Comment

Hey guys, question regarding the fms T-45. I just picked one up and it's in great shape except for the nose gear strut set screw is stripped. The jet is discontinued and I can't find parts for it. My question is has anyone used parts from any other plane that fit or will work in the fms T-45 70mm? Thanks in advance

Comment

Can I put 6 cell 5400 or 7000 MAH Lipo in this beautiful bird?

Comment

Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Tsecrist1 ! The largest battery I flew in this bird was a 6s 4000. I think 7000mAh is overkill for a 70mm jet, but perhaps someone else can speak from personal experience with a battery that size.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

This plane is actually available now under a generic or QT-Model name at aliexpress.com. The pictures are identical from FMS site. Just rebranded I guess. (Like Eleven Hobby T-28 (banggood) is now ArrowsRC brand.) Links from various sellers below. Sold as KIT, KIT with servos and PnP. I ordered KIT with servos last week via free ocean shipping so it'll take about 2 months (!) to get to me but I can wait. In time for summer. I have ordered stuff from aliexpress before and it's always arrived. But quicker aliexpress shipping or EMS for these is sometimes available for extra $. I did not find spare parts available but you can look more on site or may be ask seller a question. Click image for larger version

Name:	QT.T-45.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	245007 Hope this doesn't violate any rules but the plane isn't available at MotionRC or FMS anymore and there's still interest.

Comment

Also available here.:
                      https://www.banggood.com/QT-MODEL-T4...r_warehouse=CN Click image for larger version

Name:	T-45_BG.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	245475
                      Attached Files

Comment

My T-45 Goshawk 70mm EDF (formerly FMS now QT) arrived from banggood.com and I built and flew it. If you like the T-45 and don't want the big Freewing 90mm version, then this is for you.
                        I bought KIT + servos with push rods, horns and linkages installed (and I supplied the EDF and ESC).

Comment

Looking for the spring or one of the rear mains if anyone has one?

Comment

During an EDF meeting in Germany a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to record 2 T-45s flying together.

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

Working...
                            X