You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E Flight 140+ mph edf jet 10 min flight time.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think a lot of people know this but Horizon Hobbies owns FMS so either way it's a Horizon product, it's all in branding. HH to me has always been a leading edge technology based product like E-Flite. There Viper, F-15 and F-16 are great flying value aircraft.
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

I don’t think Horizon owns FMS. They are the US importer and major retailer.

Comment

Call them and ask them. They told me just out casual conversation with customer service.
        My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Yeah, from what I understand they work very closely together like MRC and Freewing/Flightline do, but they do not own them.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
            Call them and ask them. They told me just out casual conversation with customer service.
            The way things are these days it would be more likely if the opposite was true

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

The way things are these days it would be more likely if the opposite was true
              Agreed! Customer service people are more like PR people and sales people. They may be the last people to know the truth about the inner workings of a company. They are there to "help" customers and try to make them happy and give them what they want. If that means massaging their egos by reaffirming their beliefs, then so be it. Casual conversations are not legally binding and can't be held against them. If I was in customer service, I'd tell you your farts don't stink if it'll make you walk away thinking I "did right by you".

Comment

Yep... Your right Xviper.. I called them back and talked to the appropriate people and this is what was stated," They distribute and offer customer support for FMS products and work closely with them on product development" in a nut shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                  Yep... Your right Xviper.. I called them back and talked to the appropriate people and this is what was stated," They distribute and offer customer support for FMS products and work closely with them on product development" in a nut shell.
                  I've come across a lot of CS people in my not so short life and I just had a pretty good hunch about this. Next time you meet up with that fellow, you'll have good reason to give him the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, you were full of crap that day" reminder. ;)

Comment

The rep gave you a spoon full of BS about HH and FMS and you ate every bit. LOL
                    Planes
                    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Freewing should get together with Dirk and Barry at Pacific RC Jets to put out a foamy T-1...

Comment

I received my Havoc today. Assembly took about ten minutes and radio setup about another hour. I sure would hate this plane if I didn’t fly with a Spektrum as programming was straight forward but time consuming. Plane is about the size of an Avanti S.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ordered 1 on May 19th... STILL WAITING!!! WILL NEVER PREORDER ANOTHER PLANE. EVER.. Plus now a bunch of guys have lost their Havocs within the first 4 flights! All the same symptoms. Unintentional rolls, then it bites the dust. Contemplating cancelling & getting a fw Avanti.. thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by CZ Flyer View Post
                            Ordered 1 on May 19th... STILL WAITING!!! WILL NEVER PREORDER ANOTHER PLANE. EVER.. Plus now a bunch of guys have lost their Havocs within the first 4 flights! All the same symptoms. Unintentional rolls, then it bites the dust. Contemplating cancelling & getting a fw Avanti.. thoughts?
                            I would certainly go that route! Weird you're still waiting when they are now in stock at HH though. Also, HH has come out admitting a POTENTIAL problem with the servo connections causing uncommanded aileron rolls.

Comment

That's why I think of them now as "HIATUS HOBBY" Wait forever as the sun goes down on the Horizon.....

Comment

Just wait. I lost mine just like everybody else— uncommanded roll into the asphalt.

Comment

I put my first Havoc into the ground. I have since maidened my second Havoc. It is not locked in like the Avanti, lots of trim and expo needs to smooth this jet out. It has the 2000kv FMS 80mm fan in it. Not a 140mph jet by any means, and as far as flight time, about 4.5 minutes on a 5000. I have pushed it hard on some downhill runs and have never got over 119mph. That is measured with a gps module on board. So.....It’s a sport jet, not the best one out there but it will do. Avanti is a much more comfortable flight experience .

Comment

Oh I solved the unintentional roll thing.

Mine would sometimes do a violent roll because when I put flaps down one of the flap servos wouldn't respond.. and then later it would work? I was quick enough to catch it and save it.

They have like reverse servos and normal servos, instead of reverse mounting. One of the two would sometimes not respond to command, which would cause roll when you put flaps down.

I have replaced them with regular servos to different channels, and done the reverse on the TX and haven't had the same issue.

Comment

Added vortex generators to wing to improve low speed handling

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                      X