Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Binding

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's because it really wasn't (it's discontinued) a receiver. It was a power unit and had no built in receiver. I guess the moral of the story is know your equipment and read the instruction manual.
    Originally posted by bbolz View Post
    Just talking to an old pattern friend of mine yesterday who flys the 12 channel Spektrum power safe receiver and found out something interesting that may be of value to those who are having trouble binding Spektrum Rx. He mentioned that with three or more sattelite receivers you absolutely have to have one plugged into the "A" channel to be able to bind. You can unplug the other three or less receivers but you have to maintain the :"A" channel to be able to bind. Hope this helped those who are having trouble binding.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      Hmmm, I'll be flying mine again this weekend. Will have to take a close look at it. Mine is still using the blue box, so only one lead to the RUD channel (I think).
      I had a look at mine with regards to the rudder lead to the RX. Mine is a single set of wires from the plug that goes to the blue box. I'm not sure why that picture showed a twin lead. Perhaps it was a bad angle on the picture. There are two rudder servos on the F-18 and each lead should plug into their own pins on the blue box. From there, there should be a single 3-wire lead that goes to the RX.

Regarding binding and Spektrum, I had to re-bind my Eflite V-22 at the field yesterday. On this BNF plane, it would seem that it uses a "serial" RX, which I believe is some kind of remote RX. It's hooked up to the flight controller, which has all the leads going to it from the various control surfaces and servos. On this particular plane, I kept getting a "bind failed" until I moved about 10 feet away. After it binds, on all future flights, I can turn on the TX with it being right next to the plane and it will initialize no problem. I've only ever had this "distance" thing with Spektrum planes that have these serial RXs but I have had the same situation with Spektrum compatible Lemon RXs. The same happens with my Covergence and Mini-Convergence (serial RXs). My soon to arrive Flex Innovations Cypher also runs a flight controller and I have a serial RX ready to go into it. No servos plug into these RXs directly. Will see how that one binds. Everything else, I can bind within a few feet from the plane and most, will bind right next to the plane. I'm using a DX8 G2.

Comment

Working...
      X