• Show
Clear All

Perfect fit.

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

👍

Comment

Just ordered this L39 and I am looking at the Shubler and 1200kv HET motor. I will be flying at 5500’ elevation with temps up to high 90’s. (DA hits 10k+) My questions are:
          1. what size esc should I spec?
          2. will this be enough power if I run 10s? 12s?
          3. What size rx/servo pack is recommended?

Thanks!

Comment

??

Comment

Manual: 8 standard size high torque servos. Well, standard size servos don't fit. Servo's with 30mm length fit.

Comment

I used Hitec HS-5087MH

Comment

Best overall power system?

As this model has been out and flown with many different power systems (out runner, in runner, 9-12 blade)
                  what is the consensus on the best overall style of motor and number of blades for general sport and mild aerobatic flying?

Considerations are thrust, longevity of motor, efficiency, and battery consumption.
                  Top speed is not a consideration.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I have a JP 90mm fan unit, with out runner on mine. And 12s setup.
                    For sure I runner would be better.
                    I have a hobbywing 160amp esc, that is only delivering 70 percent power. Waiting for a program box to arrive, so I can program the esc.

Comment

Originally posted by TBeghtol View Post
                      Best overall power system?

As this model has been out and flown with many different power systems (out runner, in runner, 9-12 blade)
                      what is the consensus on the best overall style of motor and number of blades for general sport and mild aerobatic flying?

Considerations are thrust, longevity of motor, efficiency, and battery consumption.
                      Top speed is not a consideration.

Thanks in advance.
                      Two proven 90mm power systems:

12s Wemotec with HET 700-68-1125 (HET Fan shroud)

10s Schübeler HDS with HET 700-68-1200

Mine is running on a 12s JePe Storm Fan (JetFan), but this unit is discontinued. An Ejets unit with either of the above motors is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by yohay@aol.com View Post
                        I have a JP 90mm fan unit, with out runner on mine. And 12s setup.
                        For sure I runner would be better.
                        I have a hobbywing 160amp esc, that is only delivering 70 percent power. Waiting for a program box to arrive, so I can program the esc.
                        Why would you need the program box? It’s an easy task to set the throttle range. Are you running a Futaba radio?

Comment

No, spectrum ix20. I think the esc is set to low, and I need to bump it to medium.
                          I am getting 3900 watts on a12s, when I should bet 4800+.
                          I will also set the throttle.

Comment

I like your flight. Tx for sharing. What kind of wattage are you getting?
                            is this12s?

Comment

Originally posted by yohay@aol.com View Post
                              I like your flight. Tx for sharing. What kind of wattage are you getting?
                              is this12s?
                              Neither one shown in the videos is my L-39. The first video shows a 12s setup, the second one (blue L-39) is running on 10s. My JePe Fan delivers up to 4000W and is sufficient for a scale flying style.
                              The red/white/blue one has been converted to a 100mm Wemotec 12 (HET 700-75-1050) setup in the meantime. I will do the same, got the unit already. It takes some mods to fit a larger exhaust.

https://shop.wemotec.com/Midi-Fan100...onically-tuned

Comment

I do get between 4100-3900.
                                Should get 4700.

Comment

Hi there, have just started the build of the L39 and mine will be fitted with an Kollibri T35 Gas turbine. The L39 fits very well together and I think the power from the T35 will be enough for the plane. There is loads of space in the airframe so the turbine conversion is straight forward.

Comment

I also have a 105mm fan unit on deck with 12s setup, but installed a 90mm j.p unit,cad they is what the directions call for
                                    waiting for an esc that can help me deliver 4700 watts or better. Getting 4000 now

Comment

I've installed a 100mm Wemotec fan unit now, HET 700-75-1070 motor. 5,9kg AUW, 2x6s HRB 5000 Lipos, 6,5 min flight times. It required a new 3d printed tail part to achieve the necessary 85mm exhaust diameter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4567.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	325443

Comment

Converted my BHM L39 from JP 90mm 12s to Swiwin SW60B turbine.
                                        I have a 1.4 litre tank, I get 7min flight at 80% power

Comment

Can anyone tell me the weight of this model without any electronics or engine etc.. the spec page says 10.1lbs , but doesn't say if that's flying weight or just the weight of the model..

If anyone can help me.out here that would be fantastic. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X