Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm Thread

Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Twin 80mm EDF Jet​
    Freewing first established the Twin 80mm class of EDF jets with its popular F-14 Tomcat and then the A-10 Warthog, and now we are proud to announce the Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum! Represented in 1/9 scale, this large aircraft is 1878mm (74”) long with a 1257mm (50”) wingspan, powered by dual inrunner 80mm EDF power systems. The Mikoyan MiG-29 first entered service in 1981 and continues flying in the air forces of 26 countries in 2020.

Computer designed and hand crafted, each Freewing MiG-29 represents the highest level of engineering for a modern Plug-And-Play EDF jet. Constructed from EPO foam, carbon, wood, aluminum, and other materials, the Freewing MiG-29 is optimized for high performance and superb scale handling. Its wide 50” wingspan and lifting body design provides gentle flight characteristics and excellent directional stability. Large flaps and suspension landing gear give pilots confident operation on grass airfields. An accurate overall outline, scale ordnance on removable pylons, and articulating landing gear doors enhance the model’s scale fidelity. Twist-and-Turn main retracts provide improved aerodynamics, and screw-together assembly gets modelers into the air quickly!

The Freewing MiG-29’s uses our popular 80mm Inrunner power system that is proven across thousands of Freewing jets worldwide. Rapid acceleration, enhanced acrobatic envelope, and efficient energy consumption are key features of the Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum. With high quality flight batteries, the MiG-29 can achieve airspeeds approaching 120mph/193kph in level flight!

To further set itself apart in your favorite EDF fleet, the Freewing MiG-29 arrives with a stunning five tone "Digital Thunder" camouflage livery in service with the Slovak Air Force.

VISIT THE PRODUCT PAGE HERE
    ​​

Bold, Eye-Catching Scheme

Set yourself apart from the crowd with this meticulously factory-finished Digital Camo livery, which makes an ideal counterpart to the Fractal Camo and Splinter Camo available on the Freewing 70mm Su-35.

Impressive Size

At nearly 75 inches in length, the MiG-29 boasts an impressive presence and size! Its 1/9 scale is similar to our Freewing L-39 Albatos, T-33 Shooting Star, MiG-21 Fishbed, and others., making the MiG-29 a perfect flight line companion... or opponent!
    ​​
    ​​

High Scale Fidelity

The Freewing MiG-29 was developed with high scale fidelity in mind. In photos it's difficult to tell the model from the real thing.

Loads of Power

Pre-upgraded out of the box by popular customer request, the MiG-29's twin 3658-1920kV brushless inrunner motors and 9-blade fans can propel this large 1/9 scale model to speeds approaching 120mph, yet also have the thrust and efficiency to deliver confident acceleration out of slow speed maneuvers. This "fan-favorite" 80mm Inrunner power system is beloved in customers' other Freewing jets including the popular T-33 Shooting Star, L-39 Albatros, Avanti S, A-6 Intruder, and Mirage 2000.
    ​​
    ​​

Grass Ops

Suspension landing gear give pilots confident operation on grass airfields with just the right amount of scale detail and practical RC durability. All-New, oversized retracts and suspension struts absorb punishment without fuss.

Twist-and-Turn Main Retracts

Twist-and-Turn main retracts and servo-driven gear doors conceal the main wheels inside the wing roots for improved aerodynamics, delivering a unique advantage compared to several other twin EDF jets in the marketplace.
    ​​
    ​​

Scale Ordnance on Removable Pylons

The MiG-29's Archer missile was a deadly threat to opponents in close-in dogfights. A complete scale ordnance package and removable pylons is included with every Freewing MiG-29.

Large Battery Space

Spacious dual battery compartments also accommodate your provided flight receiver and additional electronics equipment.
    ​​
    ​​

Wide Stance Durable Gear

The MiG-29's wide stance gear makes for easier ground handling and landings.

Stable Flight Envelope

Like its full-size counterpart, the Freewing MiG-29 delivers a wide flight envelope, from slow high-alpha flight to precise acrobatic maneuvers. Large flaps enable shorter takeoff distance and slower landing speed.
    ​​
    FEATURES:
    • 1/9 scale with 74" length and 50" wingspan
    • "Fan-favorite" power system using two 3658-1920kV brushless inrunner motors and 9-blade fans propel the model to 120mph
    • Highest level of engineering for a modern Plug-And-Play EDF jet
    • Optimized for high performance and superb scale handling
    • Lifting body design provides gentle flight characteristics
    • Large flaps and suspension landing gear give pilots confident operation on grass airfields
    • An accurate overall outline, scale ordnance on removable pylons, and articulating landing gear doors enhance the model’s scale fidelity
    • Twist-and-Turn main retracts provide improved aerodynamics, and screw-together assembly gets modelers into the air quickly
    • All-New retract units, oversized for durability on grass runways
    WATCH THE LIVE OVERVIEW VIDEO HERE:

Last edited by Marco Polo; May 6, 2021, 06:33 PM.

I've been waiting a long time for this! Pre-order already submitted. Please be early so I can take it to St George! I don't want to sit there and drool over Justin's.
    Pat

Comment

Oh man thats a BEAST

Comment

Nice
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

CrAzY BIG!

Comment

Ouch, something just bit my wallet. 😁

Once again Freewing will have a hit on its hands, I'm still building my 80mm A-10 and now I'm going to have to eye this one for the follow on bird. Looks sick!

Comment

THANK YOU ALPHA!

I've wanted these for a long time, and now it's a reality... and vectored thrust as an option too, this is gonna be awesome!

Comment

I want to know a lot more about the thrust vectoring. This has to have it, just like the F-22 had to have it. At $639 for the plane how much more is TV?

Comment

Ordered

Comment

Alpha I, too, want to thank you for this addition to the MotionRC EDF line of products. Looking forward to the announcement and release of the 3DP accessory STL files as well. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

So amazing! Thank YOU!

Comment

I'm already thinking Kingtech K-30G3's :)

Comment

Originally posted by knpjdad View Post
                          I'm already thinking Kingtech K-30G3's :)
                          Plenty of room for turbine and equipment. Should be an easy conversion. Would love to see a bifurcated pipe for it instead of hogging out foam down the middle or diverting to just one exhaust.
                          Pat

Comment

So I hope Motion makes a ton on this. I love the big models, and this size twin is incredible. I love my A-10, and this is going to be very exciting at 120 mph!!!! Flight video please.

Comment

Just fricking fantastic! Another home run Motion RC, I wanna hug the factory workers! Superb!

Comment

Great size and performance stock, looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                                  So I hope Motion makes a ton on this. I love the big models, and this size twin is incredible. I love my A-10, and this is going to be very exciting at 120 mph!!!! Flight video please.
                                  There was a live show on youtube that had a flight demo in the show. Looks AWESOME!!

The time has come pilots! The third Twin 80mm from Freewing is coming! Introducing the MiG-29 Fulcrum in a stunning digital camo scheme. Available in PNP or ...

Comment

#PREORDERED!!! yassss thankyou team motion! Knocked this one out of the park!!

Comment

wow what a beautiful MiG-29! Freewing and the team have nailed it again! Will be ordering for the winter build. I can't order now as I dont have any space in the garage at this time and my basement is full to capacity :-) Impressive plane and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Comment

I don’t normally jump on the band wagon and pre order, but I couldn’t help myself on this one. I am in!

Comment

Working...
                                        X