Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U asked about the difference between the older stinger fan. It was a 1450 outruner. I could not get it to flying speed off grass. The hp version is great

Comment

^exactly!

Comment

Depth perception not the best (hell iam 70 so i use that for my once a year bad landings) so i try to land in chest high weeds. It was not kind to the all ready broken but reglued nose so i got a new fuse and have to say if you are going to rewire the new one take a pic first of the old one two hrs later i finished everything is back to normal and it looks great again. How i broke the nose last year:

with the old out runner motor and high temps i tryed to get it to take off from short grass. After long roll i pulled the power before it blasted into high grass. It hit a bump flew into the air about 10 feet so i hit full power and it stalled in spectacular fashion!!!

Comment

Ouch! Yeah that would be painful, glad she's up and running again

Comment

Late as usual to this thread. I originally got the Stinger 90 when it came with the 12 blade 1650 Kv outrunner. It was my first EDF and at that time I was flying off of asphalt, so it got off the runway just fine. At first, it took a bit of getting used to the increase in speed from the prop planes I was flying but eventually really enjoyed it. Then moved to a grass field a couple years ago and even with that fan it got off fairly nicely. About 4 months ago I put the 9 blade 1900 KV inrunner in it from an F-18 I ordered (which I put the 12 blade inrunner in) and WOW, what a difference. I absolutely love it now, certainly one of my favorite EDF's. The 2 things I hated about it though was the white/red scheme, which gave me some orientation problems (bad eyesight in my old age) and having to plug/unplug all those servo connections on the wing.

So I repainted it to a more visible scheme (with the help of some custom graphics from Callie) and rewired the connections using the Hansen Hobbies 5 pin latching polarized connectors (used the same thing in the 1600mm Spitfire wings) and installed an AR636 RX with gyro along with a satellite remote. Now it's easy to follow in the air and a "snap" to install the wings. For me, it flies just as well, if not better, than the Avanti. It's always the first EDF flight of the day just to build some confidence up. Using a 6200 mah battery and get 5 minutes of absolute flying fine! Also stuck an RC Geek AB in it, who says a sport jet can't have an afterburner.

Wing connection photo is when it had the old outrunner in it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200410_163553.jpg Views:	0 Size:	223.9 KB ID:	321772Click image for larger version  Name:	20191209_110536.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.7 KB ID:	321773Click image for larger version  Name:	20191209_112518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.6 KB ID:	321774Click image for larger version  Name:	20191209_111424.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.6 KB ID:	321775
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Beautiful plane, and confirms what I expected in the difference between the original motor and the new hp system I have. I am happy with that

Comment

Working...
              X