You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing A6 or Eflite A10 as a first edf?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    Evan D, WarbirdFan66, rifleman_btx

Total success! Thanks for your recommendations and insight...
    Congratulation, on your maiden flights SanExup, blue skys

Comment

WarbirdFan66 Uh, this is the rc addicts anon forum, correct? So I can talk freely? I will end up with both more than likely. I'm partial to U.S. Navy planes but the A10 has always been a head turner for me. I would say most ground attack planes catch my eye. However, I did order the A6, I couldn't resist any longer. I know I have a problem. But I plan on making it my winter project and diving deeper down the hole and work on weathering and finishing. I'll practice on my warbirds. I did order the standard A6 because one of the chat reps at motionrc stated that he didn't think they would be getting the high performance one back in, now I'm doubting the validity of that and hope I didn't make a mistake that I will pay for later in the form of the upgraded motor. I am sure I will own a fast jet in the future too, so having the A6 in the original flavor might be fine. I hope.

All that being said, I am going to take your advice and probably get the Freewing Hawk. I'm still weighing out the attributes of the FmsYak and the FW Hawk. I say I don't have brand loyalty but I do like motionrc and the Freewing and Flightline planes. But the FMS sounds like a quality plane as well. I do like the base grey version of the Hawk and would probably paint it as the T45 Goshawk.

They both look like comparable trainers, I wonder if either stands above the other, flight times, landing gear resilience? Thanks again for input. I wouldn't have given either of them consideration yet now that I am, they both do seem like a really good way to go.
      I know it's been a while since you posted but... The Eflite A10 is a great first time EDF IMHO. It flies on rails and is extremely forgiving on landings. She'll just stick to the ground. You don't have to worry about having a high AOA on landing like sat the F16. She slows down nicely with flaps and doesn't give that wing rock when getting slow like the F18 does. You can turn on a dime with some Rudder and elevator back pressure. I absolutely love my A10. I've said it many times at the flying field... it's a great first time EDF!

Comment

Gecko 17 Thanks for the encouraging insight! Well, it has been a little while since I posted but yes I ended up with the Eflite A10. Where I live we are pretty much buried in snow from late October/November until late April/May, usually May. But I did get a few flights with the A 10 before the snow. I can't wait to fly it again. I remember it, exactly as you said, it flew in rails. I did land hot for all of my flights but it was fine, no damage. I know I will get it dialed pretty quickly. I am considering some softer wheels or softening the spring compression somehow, it's so gravely where I fly. I need good working suspension.

I'm blaming it on covid but my hanger has grown over the last 5 months. I'm a little embarrassed, my shop is starting to look more like an air and space museum than a cabinet shop. I do have the Freewing F 16N 70mm and the Fms F18F 70mm. So I will get a chance to try out the different AOA's. It will be a fun spring/summer! Right now, it's all about maintenance, assembling repainted planes and flying my float planes.

What batteries are your favorites for the A10?

Comment

Gecko 17 Thanks for the encouraging insight! Well, it has been a little while since I posted but yes I ended up with the Eflite A10. Where I live we are pretty much buried in snow from late October/November until late April/May, usually May. But I did get a few flights with the A 10 before the snow. I can't wait to fly it again. I remember it, exactly as you said, it flew in rails. I did land hot for all of my flights but it was fine, no damage. I know I will get it dialed pretty quickly. I am considering some softer wheels or softening the spring compression somehow, it's so gravely where I fly. I need good working suspension.

I'm blaming it on covid but my hanger has grown over the last 5 months. I'm a little embarrassed, my shop is starting to look more like an air and space museum than a cabinet shop. I do have the Freewing F 16N 70mm and the Fms F18F 70mm. So I will get a chance to try out the different AOA's. It will be a fun spring/summer! Right now, it's all about maintenance, assembling repainted planes and flying my float planes.

What batteries are your favorites for the A10?
          I have the 70mm FMS F18, Freewing Bae Hawk, Eflite A10, and just recently purchase the kit for QT Model T45 all 70mm

I've flown them with roaring tops 3300 35c to 4000 25C.
          From my experience, the roaring top 3300 35c was the best performing.
          The battery is 445g so its pretty light.

I'm now going to buy more of the 3300 for rotation.

Hope my experience helped

Comment

Thanks guyflydb I haven't tried the RT batteries yet. I will have to them a shot. I read, hear them referred to a fair bit. I admit that I don't know much about batteries, I fly with admirals and spektrum, and some from hobbyking but forgot the name.

You'll have to let us know how that T45 is, especially in comparison to the Bae, do you have the inrunner version hawk?

Comment

Working...
            X