Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely try the old esc and motor!

Comment

I just saw the photo. Is the receiver wire.that comes from the ESC orange, yellow, and brown? I'm pretty sure the throttle lead on all of my planes tends to be black, white, and red. I don't have the Habu so I don't know with any certainty. Is there an extension on your throttle lead from the esc to the receiver? Any chance that connection is loose if there is an extension lead?

Comment

They are orange yellow and brown for esc and no extension lead. I'll try swapping motor and esc and report back this evening

Comment

Did you move the throttle trim all the way down?
          AMA 424553

Comment

RRhandy, I have moved trim all the way down

Comment

Tried old esc and old motor and nothing has changed

Comment

It's doubtful that the rx is damaged, but possible. It just more points to either power not getting to the esc or something in the initialization process. I looked at a photo from HH site, are you sure, in this model, that channel 1 is for throttle? What does it say in the manual? Click image for larger version

Name:	EFL01575_A14_E2ME4QTH.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	320554

Comment

Does the Habu have an rx and a "flight controller?"

Comment

I just looked at the manual, esc is channel 1.

Check all of the connections, make sure your battery is charged. Not having the plane in front of me is difficult to troubleshoot. But it seems like it's something with the throttle initialization process.

Comment

Is throttle cut enabled?

Comment

Throttle cut not enabled and verified switch on transmitter works via real flight simulator.
                        channel 1 is for esc per manual and my reference pics I took before disassembly from crashed airframe.
                        All servo plugs are oriented correctly and all control surfaces respond correctly including nose gear.
                        All transmitter functions/ settings work with simulator.

Yes, the reclever is separate from flight controller.

New news:
                        Instead of reassembling completely after motor and esc swap, on start up, the motor twitches and then proceeds to beep 4 times indicating 4s power which it has always done.
                        I'm referencing this as, in my mind,, it's another indication that everything hardware wise is connected correctly and functioning..

I believe this is some saftey or Throttle calibration type issue that none of us are aware of and isn't referenced online or in manual.

All connections solid, no extension wires present. Each time it's powered up, it's on kitchen table (level surface). Have tried powering up transmitter first, then tried plane first, then completely rebinded setup, no change.

Even no no mention anywhere about Throttle calibration, I've attempted the WOT on power up calibration popular with other transmitters, as well as Throttle trim full negative procedure. Nothing at all is remeding this.

I've got an email request in with horizon hobby. but havnt heard back yet.

If anyone can think of anything else, or knows someone with this aircraft/similar issue, I'd greatly appreciate the feedback as well as the effort yall have afforded me already.

At this point I'm outta options...

Comment

Is it possible the throttle is reversed in the transmitter?

Comment

No reverse function on transmitter. From what I can gather here and elsewhere, the esc will not arm because it's detecting a throttle input during power up, as if throttle on transmitter isn't at zero. But I have it at zero with the trim full negative.

Comment

If you have a servo tester (and you should get one if you don't have one) you can use it to test the ESC independently of the Tx/Rx.

Comment

Kallend, yes indeed. I need to purchase one. Recommendation?

I did speak with techline. He agreed we've fully diagnosed this within our scope/ without having a stand alone servo tester and additional equipment as the causal part could be any of, or possibly a combination of the following; esc/motor/ flight controller/ reciever/ or transmitter.

However, hats off to them as I've been instructed to assemble and mail in a complete RTR model with the transmitter etc, as if I was having problems with the first model although I didn't, and they'll repair/replace whatever is needed including the transmitter at no charge.

He said they will treat it as such although the actual issue may be with the esc or motor pre-installed with the PNP.

They recognize my patronage expressed by the purchase of both a RTF and the PNP, and it's very kind of Horizon to perform this repair for me!

I'll tidy up the installation of components, box it up and resurrect this thread once it returns in several weeks with an explanation!

Weather is perfect here, and we're wanting to experience that seductive EDF sound over our head asap!!

Thank u again everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Tacticaljeep View Post
                                  Kallend, yes indeed. I need to purchase one. Recommendation?
                                  This one is pretty good, and has a pulse length readout which can be very handy.

Comment

Sorry Tacticaljeep but glad you're getting it sorted!

Comment

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

Comment

I received email that a tech had repaired it on 9/3. But it hasn't been shipped back to me yet. As soon as it arrives I'll follow up with what the causal part/parts were. Hopefully this information will help someone in the future. Thanks to everyone for their help and concern on this!

Comment

Plane is in transit back to me and should have by thursday.

The tech notes state:
                                          Performed inspection and found ESC plugged into port one. On most air frames, the ESC does go into port one. On this particular ESC, it goes in port 6. Changed port and performed function test. Plane operating as designed.

I ran and checked my manual, it clearly states to plug esc into port 6...although the actual flight controller is labeled "port 1/esc".

Just a bunch of self induced confusion.

thanks again to everyone here as this is an awesome community, and Thanks to Horizion for awesome customer service and not billing me for being stupid (in my industry we charge extra for stupidity!)

Comment

Working...
                                          X