Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stinger 90. There is also a S64. You may have seen it in a F-16. I don't feel there is enough room in the one's I have. I do have HT FPV in a few other planes and don't feel I'm suffering not having it in one of my F-16's. I have it in my Yak 130, F-86*, OV-10*, Tigercat*, Spitfire, T-28 as well as just FPV in one of my EFXtra's, my Strega, and my combat Apprentice and just FPV (some HD) in a dozen quads. The (*) mean that plane is HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Stinger 90. There is also a S64. You may have seen it in a F-16. I don't feel there is enough room in the one's I have. I do have HT FPV in a few other planes and don't feel I'm suffering not having it in one of my F-16's. I have it in my Yak 130, F-86*, OV-10*, Tigercat*, Spitfire, T-28 as well as just FPV in one of my EFXtra's, my Strega, and my combat Apprentice and just FPV (some HD) in a dozen quads. The (*) mean that plane is HD.
      Do you use the motionsick gimbal unit for HT? I would really be surprised if it didn't fit. The two in my T28 are really cheap gimbals and do take a ton of room, and the one in my P38 is the old fatshark also needs alot of space.

Comment

No, I don't. While I have nothing against them I use other forms. My go to unit is this, Avios Spitfire MkVb 1450mm - Pan and Tilt Pilot System | HobbyKing​, $23.55 including two servos. It fits in a fairly small area too. Some are 3D printed, like in my 1.4 T-28 and there's a ton of room in that. I have just pan using a servo and bracket in the Spitfire and F86. It's not so much just fitment but also canopy clarity, looking over a dash and that I just don't think the F-16 is that great of a FPV platform. Also I think you may be assuming what F-16's I have , I had but sold, the FW 90mm and EF 80mm. I currently have a FW 70 and the new 64.

I am impressed that you fly the F-14 FPV. It would be one I wouldn't have made FPV.

The T-28 is as I first made it and now has a better camera/ VTX system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1550.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.4 KB ID:	358407Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0317.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	358409 Click image for larger version

Name:	8649E523-EAE7-442C-B5D9-07B3927FA20B.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	358410Click image for larger version

Name:	18F1B6C6-B346-4316-AF1D-982685F8863F.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	358411
        Attached Files

Comment

Aaah ok yes that makes sense now, I was thinking it was the 90, yes. I like the idea of my tigercat getting a fpv system after seeing your setup. The other contender I was thinking about is the f35. Here's my setups.

Comment

Wow both of you have some great gear!

Comment

I believe his is better, as I'm still running anolog, while if I remember correctly Evan has the digital system. I'll go digital when I win the lotto, or the pricing drops on the digital gear. Just not quite ready to pull the trigger on the digital stuff yet, however the image is spectacular!

Comment

The one's in my earlier post with a (*) are sharkbyte, Digital but not DJI.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  I believe his is better, as I'm still running anolog, while if I remember correctly Evan has the digital system. I'll go digital when I win the lotto, or the pricing drops on the digital gear. Just not quite ready to pull the trigger on the digital stuff yet, however the image is spectacular!
                  With the 3 companies companies now in the digital realm things are getting complicated. Not sure who's gonna stay in the game.. But either way now now may be the best time to look into it. Maybe for Christmas?

Comment

When you say three, which ones are you referring to?

Comment

If I could answer, I know DJI, and fatshark. You thinking of caddx?? That was the only other one I could think of.

Comment

Doesn't fatshark have 2 dig sys? one by the company that made caddx and one their own? If not then just 2
                        Back in the day I had one called pro sight. It worked ok but they didn't last.

Comment

FS makes goggles. All the VRXs are made for them. They had a system, byte frost, that was more a trial and then Shark Byte. Then Carl marketed the SB on his own as HD Zero. Now they have the new Walksnail and digital FS which are the same rebadged.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            FS makes goggles. All the VRXs are made for them. They had a system, byte frost, that was more a trial and then Shark Byte. Then Carl marketed the SBUS on his own as HD Zero. Now they have the new Walksnail and digital FS which are the same rebadged.
                            Oh, ok just 2 then

Comment

Working...
                            X