Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch the video. Two things I don't like. When you plug it in it glows, it never turns fully off. Second there is no flicker between off and on like others do.

Comment

Rc geek on YouTube makes some and his flickers and comes on at a certain throttle point on your radio.

Comment

I know, I have them... My post was about things I don't like with the FW one.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Watch the video. Two things I don't like. When you plug it in it glows, it never turns fully off. Second there is no flicker between off and on like others do.
          I totally agree. While I love the way they mount, I am not a fan of the always on and no flicker.

For others without the RC Geek afterburns check out MultiBurner option, it's the trick solution for those single fan bifurcated ducts. Works really well on the F22 and F4

Comment

I’d be surprised if one couldn’t take a controller board and replace the always on freewing board easily enough assuming voltages are equal

Comment

That defeats the main benefit, low price.

Comment

That defeats the main benefit, low price.
                So make your own from my design, even less expensive.
                Inexpensive, customizable flicker and intensity options, adapter designs available for 64 - 90mm EDFs, customizable turn on point, bifurcated duct option, independent flickering in each tailpipe on a twin, and the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                  I’d be surprised if one couldn’t take a controller board and replace the always on freewing board easily enough assuming voltages are equal
                  My controller design would certainly drive it and produce as much (or as little) flicker as you like.

Comment

kallend, Bravo Zulu, Sir. Flicker is really the thing. MRC's version lacks that one option and it's important to me. Your design has RGB color control, Arduino or clone, write/alter the sketch parameters to suit your throttle setting. I, for one, thank you. Best, Steve
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                      kallend, Bravo Zulu, Sir. Flicker is really the thing. MRC's version lacks that one option and it's important to me. Your design has RGB color control, Arduino or clone, write/alter the sketch parameters to suit your throttle setting. I, for one, thank you. Best, Steve
                      I already have designed an adapter for the bifurcated exhaust on the new Eurofighter, so the two tailpipes will flicker independently.

Comment

• Elbee
                        Elbee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Can you read that I am smiling from ear to ear? Thank you for your contributions to the RC public in general. I will be watching, waiting, and obviously building one or more of your designs. Best, Steve

Originally posted by kallend View Post

My controller design would certainly drive it and produce as much (or as little) flicker as you like.
                      I guess I should have followed up with the video: Independent flickering in each tailpipe.

The turnon point, and the amount and duration of flickering, are all adjustable.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

I guess I should have followed up with the video: Independent flickering in each tailpipe.

The turnon point, and the amount and duration of flickering, are all adjustable.

KL, that, Sir, will do nicely. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey Kallend, Where are the instructions for the control board,

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTaff View Post
                            Hey Kallend, Where are the instructions for the control board,
                            The inexpensive ($7) fix? https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...491#post373491

or the dual tailpipe, flickering, programmable one? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=42040

Comment

Brack644 replied
                              Today, 07:57 AM
                              Has anyone successfully installed the Freeview afterburner light to their F22 8s ? Even after taking considerable care ensuring voltage and polarity were correct, I’ve manage to fry two sets! As soon as I connected the plug to one of the 4s lipos ‘bang’ fried throttle y lead and burnout light controller. It’s obviously a direct short but why?​

Comment

Originally posted by Brack644 View Post

Brack644 replied
                                Today, 07:57 AM
                                Has anyone successfully installed the Freeview afterburner light to their F22 8s ? Even after taking considerable care ensuring voltage and polarity were correct, I’ve manage to fry two sets! As soon as I connected the plug to one of the 4s lipos ‘bang’ fried throttle y lead and burnout light controller. It’s obviously a direct short but why?​
                                Which one of the 4S LiPos? You should connect to the one that shares the ground with the throttle lead (the more negative of the two packs).

Comment

Goodness me never thought of that. Thank you so much.

Comment

Had anyone noticed if the flight time is affected by plugging the afterburners into the balance lead? Or if it affects the balance of the battery pack seeing that you use only 3 or 4 cells to run the afterburner?

Comment

It's noticeable if you have accurate measurement devices. It's not nearly as bad as a FPV set up though.

Comment

It's noticeable if you have accurate measurement devices. It's not nearly as bad as a FPV set up though.
                                        Yes, when "on" they're typically drawing 300 - 500mA, which is fairly insignificant compared to the current draw of the fan unit.

Comment

Working...
                                        X