X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 90mm Eurofighter Typhoon EDF Jet Thread

Goodness gracious, I can't believe it... it's finally happened!

Looks like the new FW Euro is already a reality!
    Alpha, please tell me I am not dreaming! :DDD

And it's the spanish livery, no less!
    Another 'tiger' for the fleet :o

Does anyone know or have more info about it?

I'm digging so much the wing rails with ordnance... Extra w00t!

[Reserved space]

Comment

*Cricket noises intensify*

Comment

Yeah, I’m not excited… but we need more info.

Comment

My buddy Mike just sent me that same picture, boy I am dreaming now and excited if it's true, maybe it leaked out early, I haven't bought anything new from Motion as for jets, I got bored with the same old thing really,. this has gave me hope, even though not new and I loved the V-2 version, I will get one for sure, I don't like to many European jets but I do love the Eurofighter, come on Motion don't keep it a secret, we already know...

Comment

More info on other sites and threads. Looks to be about a kilo heavier (without battery) than the old V1/2 and no TVs so this will not be anything like the old one. In my mind like comparing the old V1/2 F/A-18E to the newer F/A-18C.

Comment

I'm fine with no TV, that was the only jet out of my 15 jets that had it because it came with it, I hope they left it off myself and with the new EDF fans out now, it should be a great flyer, just maybe, but after Christmas please..

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                I'm fine with no TV, that was the only jet out of my 15 jets that had it because it came with it, I hope they left it off myself and with the new EDF fans out now, it should be a great flyer, just maybe, but after Christmas please..
                In after-thought ................... I'm in agreement. I have several planes with VT. Of those, the big MiG needs it to get out of trouble and the smaller SebArt MiG is so much more entertaining with them. The others, I can do without VT. If it came as an ARF and if the price is low enough so I could go 8s on my own, I'd do it. The tiger decals would have to come off. My hanger is already starting to look like a cat house.

Comment

I’m okay with the Tiger… unlike the Mirage on this I like it.

I like the idea of TV choice on the Gripen and MiG… not sure how hard doing that would be on this. But the Gripen, the small and large Rafale are pretty acrobatic even without I’d be okay either way.

Comment

+1 to TV as an option, but I'm okay with a non-vectored Euro, FWIW.
                    Gripen without the TV is not really that aerobatic. The F-22 is. The Gripen? Not so much, particularly with its huge nose-heaviness issue.

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                    *Cricket noises intensify*
                    Well, the RCG thread is much more active with 4 pages already. I guess Squawk is just not that active itself.​

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    Yeah, I’m not excited… but we need more info.
                    Not excited???

Party pooper!

This is the best to happen in the EDF world since the Gripen and MiG-29, lol.​

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                    My buddy Mike just sent me that same picture, boy I am dreaming now and excited if it's true, maybe it leaked out early, [...]
                    It IS true. ;)

Comment

I always find it interesting when we get different results from the same plane. While the non tv Gripen doesn’t flat spin that great, pitch flips are surprisingly good. I wonder if my having roll and extra throw on the canards is why. I know you have it balanced tail heavier. Either way it’s interesting…

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	317884823_5899372240126574_5263642021177770059_n.jpg
Views:	3784
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	363757Click image for larger version

Name:	317979171_698139328500737_6150174567014152254_n.jpg
Views:	3816
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	363756Click image for larger version

Name:	317551829_686904252881308_8666280415294782739_n.jpg
Views:	3825
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	363758

Comment

Looks like Freewing went ahead and put it on their site. Lots of cool stuff on this one, and a new ESC and EDF for it as well!

Comment

I can confirm this is real and it is coming. ETA to Motion RC is as early as mid Feb but could also be as late as Mid March. It is difficult to know for sure since production is only starting today. You guys have all been asking for a new Eurofighter for years so here is! I can confirm it is a totally 100% different Eurofighter. This has no parts and no molds in common with the old version. There were two goals for this model: 1) Make it fast, 2) Make it scale. How is it fast? This is a 100% new power system available in both a 6S and an 8S version. The motors are new and the EDF is all new. The new EDF power units spent years in development. Both the 6S and 8S versions use the same 120A ESC. Both have a thrust reversing function and an airbrake. On the scale side, you'll note this Eurofighter is significantly more scale than the prior version. It does not have thrust vectoring like the prior version but it does have the scale details and scale outline. The final production version sample is on the way and should arrive in about 5 days. As soon as we receive it, we will make our own video.

Next question - Do you guys want a Pre order? I've never been a fan of starting a pre-order to early. As you can see above, the time line for arrival is pretty wide. Ideally, I like to give you guys an exact ETA before we setup a pre-order. In this case, the teaser leaked a bit early so I don't have an exact ETA. I know the exact day Freewing will complete production and I know the exact day the shipment leaves Freewing but it is a roll of the dice from there due to the Chinese New Year holiday.

Comment

Awesome news, Thanks for the update, so now I know its true. As for pre-order, no thanks, been there and done that when I first got into these EDF jets, had to have the first one, I say throw it up on the web page when it arrives, if I miss the first batch its know big deal, I will get one on the second run, even though I am a little excited because I was one of those who asked for a new version when the old one got discontinued, we know its coming now and have something to look forward to next year...

Comment

Tom, preorder once it's on the water is good with me. That way some can pay off their Christmas bills too.

So, what I see...

Eta to Motion mid Feb to mid Mar.

6S and 8S versions!

Aux air intakes

Reverse thrust

Air brake

First time I've seen FreeWing add a graph with suggested expo in the instructions.

Seems like a smallish mass motor. I can't find any links to it. 1960kV. and 12b should have some good power

No fuselage seam where there would be to add on TV's. I'm OK with that. Small looking battery area may be interesting for 8S.​

Comment

I personally don't like pre-orders. Only one I ever pre-ordered was the 90mm F22 since it was the one I was asking for, for years.

BUT... I think we all know a certain RC company based in China that will be offering a pre-order on it as soon as they can. So, don't miss out on orders by not offering one, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                                    I personally don't like pre-orders. Only one I ever pre-ordered was the 90mm F22 since it was the one I was asking for, for years.

BUT... I think we all know a certain RC company based in China that will be offering a pre-order on it as soon as they can. So, don't miss out on orders by not offering one, I suppose.
                                    A guy here got burned bad with the new Mig because of the mistaken announcement that motion wasn’t going to carry it.

Comment

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’ll jump on a preorder if there is one. Looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post

Seems like a smallish mass motor. I can't find any links to it. 1960kV. and 12b should have some good power

The 6S version and 8S version inrunner motors and EDF units are 100% new. We will have them on Motion RC soon. This is the 8S:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	363810​​

Comment

Working...
                                        X