Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, I just purchased and Maiden the Mig 29 Red Star. Now this? My financial planer is already screaming at me.

Thank God there's not a F14 V2 on the way! Actually I wish there was. Screw my financial planer. You only live once!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      My wife- "buy it!"

Me- "I can't!!"
      She's a Keeper!

She have a Sister? LOL

Comment

Took a few tries to find her!

Comment

I went ahead and made this the official thread since it was already well established. Pre-orders are now live!

New RC Airplanes at Motion RC Are you looking for the latest and most sought-after RC model aircraft today? Then look no further! Here you will find the latest arrivals to the Motion RC online catalog! Consisting of the newest, sleekest and most technically innovative aircraft designed to mimic multiple eras of aviatio
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Aros. The kV on the 6S is different on the web site than the manual says 1960/1980.

Can you find out a couple things. Do the 6 and 8 have the same 8S HW ESC? I was asked to ask if the tiger comes preapplied (I assumed so) and if so will a gray/ no tiger version be offered? I assumed no.

Comment

Well, that is interesting. All the specs and product are 3668-1980. Interesting the manual says 3668-1960. Good catch. I'll ask Freewing if something changed and which is correct. I'm working on tiger vs no tiger decal. Ideally, the tiger decals would be in the box but it may be waterslide and extremely difficult to apply on the tapered/curved surfaces. In that case, its better the factory apply them.

Comment

Thanks. The reason I ask about ESCs is HW makes a 120A 6S V4 and a 120A 8S V5. They are different. I assume the 8S for the 8S plane but what about the 6S version? Small differences but it makes a difference in which version I order.

And thanks!!!!!!

Comment

The 6S PNP motor is 3668-1960. I just checked and verified this. My spare parts list has only one single 120A ESC with a single spare part number. In theory, this means it is used in both the 6S and 8S version. I'll try 8S and make 100% sure.

Comment

Thanks again Tom.

Comment

Do the 6 and 8 have the same 8S HW ESC?
                      I would be fairly confident that it's the same one from the link below. They are for 3s to 8s. I use a couple of them in my 8s jets and also use one in a 6s jet to get the reverse. It's the only reversing one in that amp range. It also seems nearly identical to the FMS Predator reversing ESC, 120A, HV. I use a couple of those as well. Except for the label, can't tell them apart. Even the programming is the same. The HobbyWing V4 doesn't reverse.
                      https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=6894

Comment

As I said....

The V4 6S does reverse. Or at least I thought I saw somewhere with updated programming it can. I hope Tom can verify. If the 6S has the HV then that's the way I'm going as I have two spare 8S JF/ HET fans in a drawer..

From the V4 6S instructions. HW-SM040DUL_Platinum 80A-V4&120A-V4说明书_160125 (shopify.com)

11.2 Reverse: after selecting this option, the RPM signal wire will turn into a reverse signal wire (the signal range is in line with the throttle range). After setting a channel on the transmitter, when the reverse signal length is above 20% signal length, the Reverse mode will be activated. The reverse signal length must be below 20% signal length when the ESC is powered on for the first time. When the reverse signal length is below 20% signal length, 0-100% throttle corresponds to “CW”; when the reverse signal length is above 20% signal length, the motor will stop spinning CW (and then spin CCW); at this time, 0-100% throttle corresponds to “CCW”.

So there could be a 6S in the 6S version and the HV in the 8S version.

Thanks. The reason I ask about ESCs is HW makes a 120A 6S V4 and a 120A 8S V5. They are different. I assume the 8S for the 8S plane but what about the 6S version? Small differences but it makes a difference in which version I order.

And thanks!!!!!!

Comment

As I said....

The V4 6S does reverse. Or at least I thought I saw somewhere with updated programming it can. I hope Tom can verify. If the 6S has the HV then that's the way I'm going as I have two spare 8S JF/ HET fans in a drawer..

From the V4 6S instructions. HW-SM040DUL_Platinum 80A-V4&120A-V4说明书_160125 (shopify.com)

11.2 Reverse: after selecting this option, the RPM signal wire will turn into a reverse signal wire (the signal range is in line with the throttle range). After setting a channel on the transmitter, when the reverse signal length is above 20% signal length, the Reverse mode will be activated. The reverse signal length must be below 20% signal length when the ESC is powered on for the first time. When the reverse signal length is below 20% signal length, 0-100% throttle corresponds to “CW”; when the reverse signal length is above 20% signal length, the motor will stop spinning CW (and then spin CCW); at this time, 0-100% throttle corresponds to “CCW”.

So there could be a 6S in the 6S version and the HV in the 8S version.

I stand corrected. Just read that same manual.

Comment

So many new things and so many changes....

Comment

Anyone else flying from grass fields wish they'd have incorporated trailing link gear? I thought Motion/Freewing had "seen the light", so many other recent releases have incorporated this critical "cheat". Maybe too big a revision? Wish I'd been a fly on the wall during that discussion....

Comment

So many new things and so many changes....
                                Evan, if you end up buying the 6s, I'll buy the EDF from you when you pull it out if you want to sell it.

Comment

Waiting on Toms answer about the ESC. Wife has said buy either or both (I still teach for the company I retired from and they gave me a 70%+ raise to keep teaching next year plus SS won't penalize me as much now)...

I'm leaning towards the 6S. I like that it has a plastic shroud but the motor size worries me for longevity. That said its the same size as a HET 650-68 motor. I have a HW 120HV ESC NIP and a JF/HET fan in a drawer if I want to swap it out.

If I do get the 6S I'll probably do a thrust/ Amp/ Watt test and decide.

Comment

I have to think they wanted to keep the gear more scale looking. Since it's a totally new aircraft I don't think "too big a revision" had anything to do with it.

My opinion has always been that these should be flown from a paved runway for best results.

Originally posted by 50 Fly View Post
                                    Anyone else flying from grass fields wish they'd have incorporated trailing link gear? I thought Motion/Freewing had "seen the light", so many other recent releases have incorporated this critical "cheat". Maybe too big a revision? Wish I'd been a fly on the wall during that discussion....

Comment

Originally posted by 50 Fly View Post
                                      I had the original Eurofighter and it had a kind of trailing link front gear. I flew it off very rough grass and it was able to get airborne. The trouble with the trailing front gear is that due to the short wheelbase of this plane and the fact that the front gear is so far aft, that trailing link front suspension collapsed on the gras when powering up to take off, causing the nose to go down, reducing the angle of attack. Sure, it would have been nice to have trailing links for the mains to absorb the roughness, but they still worked OK. This new one doesn't have trailing link front or rear. I think the front will handle grass and rough ground better and I don't think the mains will have any trouble either due to the more powerful drivetrain. If you are a heavy lander, then trailing links for the mains might be better for you, however, the compression struts on this new one looks pretty beefy.
                                      This may be one wish that's best left unfulfilled.

Comment

I verified the 120A ESC is the same in both the 6S and 8S version of the Eurofighter. Freewing also verified they use the same version. I have the manual for the 120A ESC used in both the 6S and 8S version and Todd is going to post it on the Eurofighter support page later today.

Comment

Thanks Tom, ordering now.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                          X