Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing Zeus 90mm EDF Sport Jet Thread

Zeus 90mm EDF Sport Jet from Freewing

The 90mm Zeus is the latest sport jet offering from Freewing. Featuring a sporty and highly aerodynamic design, the Zeus 90mm is Freewing’s fastest sport jet yet, reaching speeds of 130 miles per hour (210 kmh) in level flight. Additionally, the blue, grey and white livery offers an attractive, bold presence that can be seen easily in the skies. Impressively designed, the wings are glue and screw-free utilizing a quick release wing lock mechanism that makes installing and removing the wings a simple and quick experience.

Each control surface is managed by a 17 gram metal gear servo for quality and confidence. Offered in 6S, 8S and ARF PLUS, the Zeus promises to deliver the most powerful thrust-to-weight ratio of all the Freewing sport jets before it. Take to the skies and experience the incredible thrill and neck-turning speed of the Zeus!

Feel The Need For Speed?

The Freewing Zeus 90mm EDF is the fastest sport jet developed by Freewing to date. At 130mph straight-line speed out of the box (6S PNP), the Zeus is sure to quench your thirst for acceleration.
    Quick-Install & Release Wings

The Zeus 90mm EDF features a screwless quick release wing design that makes field assembly and disassembly a breeze.
    Slow Your Roll

The Zeus includes a thrust-reversing ESC (PNP versions) enabling a brake-like effect, effectively reducing your roll out on landings. This is especially useful on shorter, paved runways.
    Grass Friendly

The Zeus 90mm EDF sport jet comes with CNC-machined struts with a trailing link design that can handle most reasonably-mowed grass fields with ease.
    Navigation and Position Lights

The Zeus features daylight-bright LED lights on the wing tips, top and bottom of the fuselage, as well as a landing light that is mounted on the nose gear strut.
    Vivid Color Scheme

The color scheme on the Zeus is bright and vivid, providing great visibility in all types of situations and conditions.
    Great Sound and Power

The Zeus 90mm EDF 6S PNP sports the new 12-blade 90mm EDF unit with a powerful 3668-1960Kv inrunner motor for high end EDF jet performance.
    Full Landing Gear Doors

The Zeus has fully sequenced gear doors, including inner main gear doors for lower drag and better sport jet performance.
    Features:
    • Our fastest 6S sport jet yet, capable of speeds of 130mph (210kmh) in level flight
    • Sleek, aerodynamic design for incredible sport jet performance
    • Quick release main wings provide a simple and easy process for installing and removing the wings
    • CNC-machined landing gear struts with trailing link design for better grass-field operations
    • Daylight-bright LED lights located on the wing tips, top and bottom of the fuselage and a landing light on the nose gear strut
    • 12-blade, factory-balanced EDF combined with a 3668-1960Kv (6S) or 4075-1350Kv (8S) brushless inrunner motor for top end EDF jet performance and great sound
    • 120 Amp ESC with 8A UBEC with thrust reversing
    • (7) 17g, digital, metal gear metal gear servos for all control surfaces
    • (2) 9g, digital, hybrid metal gear servos for nose gear steering and nose gear doors
    • Fully sequenced gear doors, including inner main gear doors for lower drag and better performance
    • Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
    Includes:
    • Freewing Zeus 90mm 6S EDF Sport Jet - PNP
    • 12-Blade EDF power system (installed)
    • 3668-1960Kv brushless inrunner motor (installed)
    • 120A ESC with reverse thrusting and EC5 connector (installed)
    • Electronic retractable landing gear (installed)
    • Servos, LED Lights (installed)
    Requires:Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :18 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :Intermediate
    BUILD TIME :1 hour
    Model Scale N/A
    Wingspan 1200mm / 47.24in
    Length 1450mm /57.08in
    Empty Weight 2820g / 99.47oz (w/o battery)
    CG (Center of Gravity) 120mm (4.7") from the leading edge of the wing at the root
    Power System 6S 3668-1960Kv Brushless Inrunner Motor
    Electronic Speed Control 120A thrust reversing, EC5 Connector
    Propeller / EDF 90mm 12-Blade EDF
    Servos
    • 9g metal gear hybrid digital standard with 600mm lead : nose gear steering - MD31093-600
    • 9g metal gear hybrid digital standard with 800mm lead : nose gear door - MD31093-800
    • 17g metal gear digital standard with 200mm lead : left elevator, left flap - MD31172-200
    • 17g metal gear digital reverse with 200mm lead : right elevator, right flap - MD31172R-200
    • 17g metal gear digital standard with 400mm lead : left aileron, right aileron - MD31172-400
    Landing Gear Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts
    Required Battery 6S 22.2V 5000mAh LiPo with EC5 connector (required)
    Required Radio 7 Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights Yes
    Hinge Type Nylon Reinforced
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoor, 150+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I love so much about this jet!

Speed
    90mm
    8s
    Lights
    Quick wing disconnect
    Airframe design looks fantastic
    Beefy gear and nice gear doors

BUT.... that color choice on it has me still on the fence about getting it! I really wish it would have been in something besides that light blue!

Comment

It reminds me of the eflite habu 32 but in foam not fiberglass the 80 mm habu 32 x I have one so looking closely it looks similar also this could be freewing answer back to eflites viper 90 might be able to do a turbine conversion on it lol I love my viper I have turbine , and electric version of the viper I fly it on 8s , pretty close to turbine version on speed but turbine is faster i`m with James the color is not that great the light blue is going to disappear up against the blue sky I guess you can always painted a different color , who knows I might pick one up but definitely on 8s .

Comment

I generally go for military aerodynamics but this one has a lot of appeal to me! Plus it looks like it would hold up well to my flying field.

As for the color, you gents just need to fly lower inside the green back drop!

Comment

Can the flashing wingtip lights be re connected to static ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
            Can the flashing wingtip lights be re connected to static ?
            Going by the vids, they are static.

Comment

Great color to lose sight of in the sky. Stupid choice. I'll pass. Change color to something more visible or offer the jet plain white and I will choose to color it myself. Then I'll buy it.

Comment

Wow this is cool! I agree, blue and white is an "interesting" choice for something that goes in the sky with clouds. But a can of Krylon can fix that.

Comment

We all see different colors better than others. I can see blue and white planes better than any other combo. But I understand others may not.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    We all see different colors better than others. I can see blue and white planes better than any other combo. But I understand others may not.
                    Same here, ive never had an issue with blue and white. Grey, sometimes. But most of the time not too much of an issue.

Comment

Got it while I was at Hooters for lunch, well, it was delivered while I was there

Took about an hour to unpack and assemble. I think this was the simplest and fastest assembly I've ever done except for an out of the box UMX. The most time, still not much, was to cut off the EC5 and solder on my own with an anti-spark.

I bypassed the MCBe for the elevator, rudder and steering (on it's own channel).

The likes:
                      The blue is a lot darker than the pictures show, I know some still will not like it.
                      No glue needed. I did put some glue on the carbon tube pointy end things and I dis put some cA glue in the holes where the battery tray is screwed down.
                      I like that all of the screw were the same and hex.
                      The wing latches are awesome, even better than the B-25 and Cougar and the wing side is nice thick metal tabs, very well done, very positive and not easy to accidentally unlatch.
                      The motor (8S version) has the two tapped holes for the afterburner, which I did put on
                      Huge battery bay and my 6+2 5200 is slightly forward of the center of the battery tray for a 5mm behind the marks balance.
                      The spar and nose cone can be put in the battery area when not in use (I really wish all planes could do this).
                      Since everything screwed together this can go back in it's original box if needed in the future.

Dislikes:
                      The fuselage sides are very thin, seems delicate.
                      The lip around the canopy opening will get hanger rash.

Maiden tomorrow.​

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        Maiden tomorrow.​
                        Woohoooo

You gonna record the maiden??
                        I order mine 6s today but no flying possible here in NL. To much wind and rain !!!

Comment

Sorry I don’t do video.

Comment

Maiden plus a few done. Flies very smooth, quick, quiet. I ended up with the balance as far back as possible where the tail would just set on the ground and feel it could have gone further back. Careful with flap throw. Too much, too slow and it will drop a wing. This is not a walking speed landing plane. I think the flaps may be blanking out the elevators. But bottom line is it’s great in the air. Also bottom line, the Avanti is still king of the sport jets. My opinion.

Comment

Hello
                              Had 7 flights today. Very fast and quiet on 8 cell
                              Seems to have an issue with the nose gear being too short sitting at a negative angle on ground. ( leading edge lower than trailing edge).
                              i am running a cg about 1/4 inch behind recommend. Hard to keep it straight at takeoff speed. Seems to be pushing the nose down on runway
                              Anybody else have this issue?

Comment

Whats up with the name stickered all over the plane? Is this NASCAR now? Great paint scheme, terribe they put the name of the plane everywhere. Looks like a toy or advertisement.

Comment

I notice the low nose but no bad effects from it and no steering issues.

Originally posted by Ajp View Post
                                  Hello
                                  Had 7 flights today. Very fast and quiet on 8 cell
                                  Seems to have an issue with the nose gear being too short sitting at a negative angle on ground. ( leading edge lower than trailing edge).
                                  i am running a cg about 1/4 inch behind recommend. Hard to keep it straight at takeoff speed. Seems to be pushing the nose down on runway
                                  Anybody else have this issue?

Comment

Show me a sport jet that doesn’t… If it bothers you don’t buy it.

Originally posted by jetmech12 View Post
                                    Whats up with the name stickered all over the plane? Is this NASCAR now? Great paint scheme, terribe they put the name of the plane everywhere. Looks like a toy or advertisement.

Comment

Evan—thanks for all the maiden feedback. Just curious what, if any, change in flight characteristics did you notice as you moved the CG further back from your maiden flt (at +5mm) to the tail-sit position? For example, was it more unstable, prone to snap, or anything else noteworthy? Thanks.

Comment

It was slightly less stable. I don’t run gyros in my planes and a gyro would probably help. Most planes become pitch sensitive and I didn’t feel this did.

Rolls were nice. My high rate was higher than book and I was very happy with the roll rate. It does snaps and tumbles well too. I really have zero complaints about how it flies except the wing drop with flaps and flying slow. But I did have more flaps than the book number. After reducing the throw it was more stable but also didn’t slow well, but that’s to be expected.

More flights tomorrow plus since it’ll get dark early I’m taking my night Mamba 60 out :)

Comment

Working...
                                        X