Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to move into a new EDF

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's their loss. While they're cleaning their stuff up put in another battery have another good flight go home and charge your batteries.

Comment

I just dont go there anymore. They are all old timers which is cool but I wont defend my choices to them lol. They are the types who yell if you dont drive American cars too
      AMA 1102566

Comment

I have also been reading all the reviews and researching EDF warbirds lately to see which ones would be a great first EDF. From what I have found it seems like either the F-86 Sabre or the A-10 Thunderbolt are best options. Both planes seem to be great stable platforms but it is the Sabre that also produces that realistic turbine sound in the Freewing F-86 90mm that I like the best.
        However before I finally decide to buy it I want to become familiar with the F-86 Sabres flight characteristics first. The best method I have found to become familiar with a plane is to fly it first on a combat flight simulator. The best one I have found so far for ease of use and huge variety of WWII - Korean Era warbirds is War Thunder. It is a free to play cross-platform online MMO combat game for PC, PS4, Mac and Linux. It is because of War Thunder that I found how much I liked flying the F6F Hellcat which led me to buying my first RC airplane and getting in to the hobby when I discovered they made an RC model of the Hellcat.
        I am eager to get to fly the F-86 and the ME-262 when I finally unlock them to see just how great these warbirds performed. I have found War Thunder to be a great learning method to become familiar with any particular warbird it features. For more info about War Thunder and to download it go to warthunder.com

Anyone that is still considering an ME 262 should see this video review first.
        I have included a very informative review link of the ME-262 in War Thunder. The review mentions a very important design flaw the ME-262 has that affects the flight dynamics and should be taken in to consideration.

Comment

I actually bought both. The 262 bit the dust hard on the second flight. Need ll new foam. It was not the plane it was me. I was actually flying it well albeit FAST and I lost orientation and it ducked behind a poll barn. Lost site of it and SMASH!

Scared of the FW86 right now.Still sits new in box.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
            I actually bought both. The 262 bit the dust hard on the second flight. Need ll new foam. It was not the plane it was me. I was actually flying it well albeit FAST and I lost orientation and it ducked behind a poll barn. Lost site of it and SMASH!

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have better luck with the Sabre. How's the damage? Hopefully it is fixable.

Comment

total loss on foam. something critical on each piece that does not warrant a cobble repair. I scrapped everything I could. Edf blades of course snapped but there are extras in box. It is like 140 bucks worth of foam I need.
              AMA 1102566

Comment

sorry to hear that man..I know its tough to loose one totally.. been there.
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

That's a bummer!!!!!!!!
                  Lauren

Comment

My 262 recently went in...

The solder joint on the ESC's battery connector failed. (my solder joint from when I put in Castle ESCs) Suddenly no power and no radio. Of course I was mid-maneuver and pointed at a 45 deg dive full throttle, so it had plenty of speed at impact. Went through the trees and not much left of the fuselage or wings.

I think I'll go with a Freewing Me-262 next.

All the electronics and the fans are fine.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                      My 262 recently went in...

The solder joint on the ESC's battery connector failed. (my solder joint from when I put in Castle ESCs) Suddenly no power and no radio. Of course I was mid-maneuver and pointed at a 45 deg dive full throttle, so it had plenty of speed at impact. Went through the trees and not much left of the fuselage or wings.

I think I'll go with a Freewing Me-262 next.

All the electronics and the fans are fine.
                      I remember that plane from the old website Fred.... It was a beauty! Sorry to hear!
                      Lauren

Comment

Really... not that far off from stock.

Flew it enough to wear out the OEM ESCs.
                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Orientation is pretty tricky it seems on the 262. No idea why but it looks the same coming as it does going.
                          AMA 1102566

Comment

I would also like to mention that the housings must have compressed to break the blades. There is also a gouge tract in the duct. I am wondering if it just might be cheaper to get another arf. I have rods here and will reinforce the heck out of the wings and fuse lol. Motion did just get a dyanm parts order in.
                            AMA 1102566

Comment

Still looking at my fw f86 and wanting to maiden it. still nervous as all get out.
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

There is nothing to worry about. With the CG properly set, it will track wonderfully! It is without a doubt my number 1 go to airplane at the field. Just get it off the ground, do a pass to get it trimmed, and then practice a few approaches to get comfortable with landing it. If you can get used to getting it through your unique landing approach, you will have nothing to worry about!

Comment

Which brand 262 did you buy?

Comment

Dynam and it is pure junk. The only thing good about it is the scale canopy and the foam. Everything electrical about is crap. MRC should not carry this bird. There is a reason there is no flight review on it on the site and just a build video.
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

Dynam and it is pure junk. The only thing good about it is the scale canopy and the foam. Everything electrical about is crap. MRC should not carry this bird. There is a reason there is no flight review on it on the site and just a build video.
                                      Curious as to why you say it is junk. All my electrical is going strong except for the ESC's that I upgraded right from the start with ZTW and it is a great flying bird and it is a more economical approach versus the FW. If you want a flight review, am sure the guys that saw me fly it at NEFI will attest that it isn't junk. Dynam is a lower dollar entry point and a lot of modelers are glad that MRC carries the brand.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Let me first say I love Dynam. Their Hellcat is amazing. Now the 262. The foam is quality good stuff. They did a great job on that part. But everything else that comes with the unit is suspect at best. The pushrood design is terrible an doffers so much flex and fade in the elevator. MAjor mods needed to make it stable. Move the servo to the tail or find a way to secure rods to stop some of the flex. This goes for the rudder too. The 17g servos also really bad. Most of the time they cant find center and over shoot the other way on their quest for home. Like Frodo trying to get to the shire. Retracts lol. Dont even get me started on these. Oddly I have never had a issue with the retracts on the cat other than the struts being made with a weird form of silver butter ;) The esc's are fine but will quickly die a painful death if you do not move them or find a way to get air over them. So while the value might be there is requires extensive work to be flown. I am happy mrc carries dynam in general and was very happy when they picked up the CAT from nitroplanes. I have always loved my Cat and was terrfied of NP so when they stocked parts I was beyond happy. But this plane has to many needs to be sold as pnp
                                        AMA 1102566

Comment

Your points of issue are valid observations but nothing that can't be remedied with MINOR mods. I fixed the flexing of the pushrod tubes by anchoring them at the end of the guides to the vertical stab with cotter pins which was a very cheap and easy fix. Most of the retracts by Dynam do have their issues, so far on my 262 they have behaved well the majority of the time even after adding heavy oleo struts(FMS 1400 P-51 right main strut to the nose and FW 90mm Euro struts on the mains). The majority of my experiences with PNP's they need some form of rework to make them right but that is all part of modeling. Glad to see that your response appears to show a little more latitude with regards to pronouncing this model junk because most of them would qualify to that standard if your last sentence is the mark.
                                          Best regards,
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X