X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bubba View Post
    Hey Guys , I"m looking for retracts for the F/A 18 E Super Hornet.. Seems they discontinued this model around 3 yrs ago.This model has trust vectoring also. If anyone knows if there is something that will work in this model please let me know. Thanks
    Bubba
    The one I know that has thrust vectoring is the V1 and V2 Freewing model, which has been discontinued for some time now, but parts can still be found. You need to get the same retract as what's on the other side or the plane will sit lopsided or not take off and land correctly because it will be tilted to one side and have weird compression from one side to the other. You should tell us what brand your plane is and perhaps even what version it is.
    I have the V2 Freewing, which has dual thrust vector nozzles, flies on 90mm. Is it this one?
    https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...np#description

RC Castle still carries some parts for this plane:
    https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...reewing%20f-18

I got one of the last OZ themed F/A-18 from Freewing. Does it look like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3121.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	258107

Comment

• I'm just finishing off the new F18, what a fantastic looking plane and great work done by all at Motion and freewing. I'm guessing the latest versions now come with beefed-up elevator support. I've given my a gentle pull and all looks good.
      I'm really impressed that motion would bring an update to the elevator assembly so quickly.

Comment

• OK, I'm going to retract the above, The elevator seems fine and has the proper amount of glue on it. My issue is the ailerons are glitching when first plugged in then go dead. I've checked they are connected inside the wing connector - which they are, and the ribbon is connected both ends. A servo tester on the ailerons has confirmed they seem to be fine individually. Blue box is suspected I guess.
        Also mine has come with a mat stuck to the battery tray, not an issue itself but normally I would glue this in myself. This leads to the fact that no sensible sized battery fits the strap that the plane comes with??? only battery I can get to fit is a 6S 3500! well that's not going to give a lot of flight time. I thought this was designed for up to 6000 size packs??

Disappointing as this is the first freewing model i've bought that has ever came with a fault. Given all the known faults with this model I guess I should have been more cautious ordering it.

Shame as it looks stunning

Comment

• Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

Comment

• I bought two new Admiral carbon 5100 to use in this and the strap is nowhere near long enough.

Comment

• Sounds like a blue box problem, MRC will replace it. As for the battery strap , I agree mine is short but I can use it with my 6000 mah packs since I put velcro on the tray and of course velcro on the battery so the combination of that and the strap just being long enough to get around the battery and attach about an inch of velcro it is good. This is a great flying jet so hopefully you can get get the servo issue worked out and enjoy this flying this bird.

Comment

• I just saw your last post about using the Admiral 5100s . I have 2 of those and your right they are bigger than the Admiral 6000s so you will have to change that strap out to a longer one if you use those batteries. I normally get only 3 minutes using the 6000s and that flying at 1/2 to 2/3 throttle most of the flight so if you're going to use those 5100s you better watch the flight time carefully.

Comment

• First a reminder this thread is for the older F/A-18E with thrust vectoring and not the new C model.

I picked up a NIB V1 and the V2 had much better horizontal stab attachment. Anyone have parts or a crashed plane that has the stab attachments or V2 stabs?

Comment

• An Oldie-but-Goodie...the Freewing F-18 V2. A complete rebuild that took a few years was amazing to see during a re-maiden. What happens next is heartbreaking!

Comment

• Ah that was a bummer! Some jets have wicked repercussions if a mix isn't programmed with flaps. This was one of them. Nice wife of his however, so at least there's a happy ending! My wife would have been like "Ah yes! One less airplane in the garage. What's for dinner?"

My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                      X